TT01E is on its way...

http://www.rc-japan.de/article.php?id=220&pg=1&anch=3
Old 02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default tt01e

Originally Posted by rough512
OME

how about bringing your kit to the track and have others have a look. It's really hard diagnosing something that we can't see. Bring it to JP on saturday and show it to i.e. neil4wd
Bro the f201 is a no go it doesn't rotate very well the tt01 spurs are thinner thus making room for turning. Also the pinion will have this slight push against the shaft assembly giving it an unequal rotation... Maybe the pinions posted must be TAMIYA pinion that would perfectly fit the kit.

By the ways guys do you know any advantages for the TT01 E???
Because as we all know the TT01D IS for drifting what about the tt01E???

Is it still shaft drive with the same internal gear ratio set ups???

I still love my TT01R no one beats its durability wise.....
Old 02-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there guys, i'm new around the block, but i'm very interested about this hobby. i got myself a TT-01 with a Lexus SC430 shell on it. Currently its quite stock except a 26t pinion and 55t spur.

first up, i checked out about the TT-01E, E stands for "enhanced" and if anyone would like to check up on the new upgrades on the chasis do a search "tt 01e" on YouTube. if you're lazy, well i can tell that there is an upper deck, a motor "cover" (or whatever u may call it) and upgrades at the axles (are my terms right?)

just that day i went and brought my car to a nearby track.. well i was humiliated cause i was up with Nitro's and their cars just flew by mine. is there any way that the TT-01 can keep up with them? (with upgrades of course, but what kind) i love this chassis, it can be simple or complicated depending on the user- so i would like to redeem my car infront of those nitro powered cars...
Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran this chassis, 13.5 with lipo this weekend, foam on carpet. I ran the 55/25 gearing. This is the same gearing I was running the 27t/lipo. I had plenty of torque but suffered in top end. The motor was about 72 degrees after 6 minutes. I would really like to find a way to get a small spur or larger pinions. If not, I will have to retire this car from this class. I prefer not to as this chassis constantly haunts the $500 chassis drivers. I see there was some suggestions on gearing but others suggest it does not work. Anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks.

What is the internal ratio for the car?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by br0ther
...i was humiliated cause i was up with Nitro's and their cars just flew by mine. is there any way that the TT-01 can keep up with them? ...i would like to redeem my car infront of those nitro powered cars...
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

Low turn brushless motors are what's required to hang with nitro's, and this just isn't the chassis for that. Shafts struggle with this much torque, the attach points around the spur and diff pinion won't take this power. So many parts in this kit aren't for that much motor. I've seen carbon upgrade kits, but my very stong advice (since you say your new to the hobby) is learn to drive good lines before spend $ and you race the nitro's. By then you can look at the higher end chassis. TT-01 is a good car for lower torque/speed motors.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I ran this chassis, 13.5 with lipo this weekend, foam on carpet. I ran the 55/25 gearing. This is the same gearing I was running the 27t/lipo. I had plenty of torque but suffered in top end. The motor was about 72 degrees after 6 minutes. I would really like to find a way to get a small spur or larger pinions. If not, I will have to retire this car from this class. I prefer not to as this chassis constantly haunts the $500 chassis drivers. I see there was some suggestions on gearing but others suggest it does not work. Anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks.

What is the internal ratio for the car?
13.5 Brushless has a lot more torque than 27T brush but a lot less speed. 13.5's run monster pinions for final drive ratio's in the high 4 to low 5 range.

I've now run all the combinations of Tamiya's 61T, 58T, 55T spurs and Tamiya's/MCM 0.6 19T-28T pinions. See post #735 in this thread. These mesh perfectly with no chassis mods required.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by br0ther
Hi there guys, i'm new around the block, but i'm very interested about this hobby. i got myself a TT-01 with a Lexus SC430 shell on it. Currently its quite stock except a 26t pinion and 55t spur.

first up, i checked out about the TT-01E, E stands for "enhanced" and if anyone would like to check up on the new upgrades on the chasis do a search "tt 01e" on YouTube. if you're lazy, well i can tell that there is an upper deck, a motor "cover" (or whatever u may call it) and upgrades at the axles (are my terms right?)

just that day i went and brought my car to a nearby track.. well i was humiliated cause i was up with Nitro's and their cars just flew by mine. is there any way that the TT-01 can keep up with them? (with upgrades of course, but what kind) i love this chassis, it can be simple or complicated depending on the user- so i would like to redeem my car infront of those nitro powered cars...
From the photos, it looks like the upper brace may be different to accommodate the TA05 steering rack. The other improvements seem to be material changes. The new tower/case molding is neat. I wonder if this will lead to a multi position shock tower. You think the current base TT01, TT01D, TT01R will be phased into these changes?

As mentioned, it is going to be hard to keep up with any electric faster than 13.5 brushless or most nitro engines. The gearing just doesn't seem to be able to support it.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RaceBucks
13.5 Brushless has a lot more torque than 27T brush but a lot less speed. 13.5's run monster pinions for final drive ratio's in the high 4 to low 5 range.

I've now run all the combinations of Tamiya's 61T, 58T, 55T spurs and Tamiya's/MCM 0.6 19T-28T pinions. See post #735 in this thread. These mesh perfectly with no chassis mods required.

Thanks Jeff. I see there is some question if these will actually fit in the car. You are currently running it? No binding etc? If so, I will get them in the car for this weekend.
What 52 spur are you talking about?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Jeff. I see there is some question if these will actually fit in the car. You are currently running it? No binding etc? If so, I will get them in the car for this weekend.
What 52 spur are you talking about?
Yep, I'm going to run it in the Mar 1-2 Aliso Viejo California TCS race in the GT-3 class; I normally run higher end cars but for this race I want to try running their cheapest sedan as much as box stock as I can just for fun. I've been to the track for the last 3 saturdays testing the car. The 1st 2 weeks I was running the 61-58-55 spur (I do not have nor tired the 52T spur; I think the guy running the 52T is the guy having the problem) and the pinions up to 25. I ran 27T, Black Can and Silver Can motors (I normally race a Corally Phi with a Novak 13.5 brushless so that's where I'm getting the brushless comparison). Last week the MCM pinions came in so I played with those Saturday 2 days ago. Like I said, they meshed perfectly with the 55T spur, no binding.

The other change I made this weekend was bringing the car up to weight. I have been running Brushless/Lipo in my cars for a while and had been running lipo in my TT-01 testing. TCS requires a 1500 gram minimum so I added A LOT of lead. The TT-01 has a nice slot underneath for the shaft brace that made a great place to put weight low and along the centerline. I've been running box stock except for bearings and spur/pinion, and with the extra weight the friction shocks reacted poorly. Letting off the throttle shifts too much weight forward allowing the back wheels to snap around. In my pan car stiffening the front to prevent the weight transfer solved this problem, so I'm going to find a way to stiffen the front and shift the weight further towards the rear for next weeks testing.

Last edited by RaceBucks; 02-11-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, I'm going to run it in the Mar 1-2 Aliso Viejo California TCS race in the GT-3 class; I normally run higher end cars but for this race I want to try running their cheapest sedan as much as box stock as I can just for fun. I've been to the track for the last 3 saturdays testing the car. The 1st 2 weeks I was running the 61-58-55 spur (I do not have nor tired the 52T spur; I think the guy running the 52T is the guy having the problem) and the pinions up to 25. I ran 27T, Black Can and Silver Can motors (I normally race a Corally Phi with a Novak 13.5 brushless so that's where I'm getting the brushless comparison). Last week the MCM pinions came in so I played with those Saturday 2 days ago. Like I said, they meshed perfectly with the 55T spur, no binding.

The other change I made this weekend was bringing the car up to weight. I have been running Brushless/Lipo in my cars for a while and had been running lipo in my TT-01 testing. TCS requires a 1500 gram minimum so I added A LOT of lead. The TT-01 has a nice slot underneath for the shaft brace that made a great place to put weight low and along the centerline. I've been running box stock except for bearings and spur/pinion, and with the extra weight the friction shocks reacted poorly. Letting off the throttle shifts too much weight forward allowing the back wheels to snap around. In my pan car stiffening the front to prevent the weight transfer solved this problem, so I'm going to find a way to stiffen the front and shift the weight further towards the rear.
Great, I will order now.

Do you have a part number for the 52?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Great, I will order now.
Do you have a part number for the 52?
Again, I don't have this and haven't tried it but I think this is it:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53552
or
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=53552

Raffaelli, we've bantered back and forth on the TCS and Silver Can thread before, sounds like we are doing similar stuff on opposite ends of the country. Are your running TCS? Which classes? Which events?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Again, I don't have this and haven't tried it but I think this is it:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53552
or
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FVSEARCH=53552

Raffaelli, we've bantered back and forth on the TCS and Silver Can thread before, sounds like we are doing similar stuff on opposite ends of the country. Are your running TCS? Which classes? Which events?
I am currently running the TT01, foam on carpet, brushless, lipo in the regular touring car class. I purchased the car last year to race in a out of the box TT01 only spec class, 1970 and older body, rubber, 1800 max, silver can, 19t. It was a great class last year. This year no one showed up so I have been running it with the touring class.
Over the summer I race in a TCS type class in GT-3 and GT-2. The GT-2 class is with the black motor instead of a 27t. We also run endurance racing with the F103
I plan on attending the TCS this year at RC Madness and Mt Laurel. I plan on running GT-3 with the base TT01, F103 and perhaps Mini.

Thanks for all the information. I have ordered all the gears.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oME
Bro the f201 is a no go it doesn't rotate very well the tt01 spurs are thinner thus making room for turning. Also the pinion will have this slight push against the shaft assembly giving it an unequal rotation...
One more thing about the 52T, a guy at the Tamiya track over the weekend showed me his TB-02 car that he put the 52T spur into, and he said he had the sand the spur gear down a bit in the center where the shaft connects to make it fit. Looking at oME's comment above it sounds like a slight mod will be necessary to make that gear useful. (Tamiya's tech isn't that thorough! )
Old 02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hey dose anyone know if any complany makes an different spur gear
for the tto1 so u dont have just use tamyia gears?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:27 PM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default tt01

One more thing about the 52T, a guy at the Tamiya track over the weekend showed me his TB-02 car that he put the 52T spur into, and he said he had the sand the spur gear down a bit in the center where the shaft connects to make it fit. Looking at oME's comment above it sounds like a slight mod will be necessary to make that gear useful. (Tamiya's tech isn't that thorough! )
Bucks,

I have attached a picture which contains the spur gear where will you sand some parts off?
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-rommel-f201.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.