R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2009, 05:41 AM   #1456
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr1an View Post
Guys,

How am I going to fix the loose screws on my TT-01 Chassis? Because, I accidentally tightened the screws on my chassis. So, after having a 3 or 4 runs on an off-road track, one part started to break apart. Really can't tell which part because I'm still a newbie. So how am I going to fix it? Should I buy a new part to replace the part where it has a loose screw?

Also, I'm located here in the Philippines in Paranaque. Just want to know on which class should I race my TT-01 chassis? On-road or off-road? Is TT-01 even a race worthy chassis or should I buy another one instead?
TT-01 is pretty good for a beginner. And it's TANK so definitely go for Rally. Oh and you said you were racing on an off road track. And a part broke, did you have anything on the bottom of the chassis to protect it? Such as a thin sheet of aluminum?
grategenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #1457
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well nothing really broke or should I say crack apart. But since I over screwed this "particular part", it won't hold anymore to the bathtub chassis. So my only problem is the over screwed bathtub chassis. should I buy a new bathtub chassis or buy a whole new kit instead?
Adr1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #1458
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the same problem, stripped chassis. They are inexpensive. I bought two extra chassis for less than twenty dollars. It doesnt hurt to buy a bag of A parts & B parts, also inexpensive. Good luck w your TT01, fun easy to fix car.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #1459
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr1an View Post
Well nothing really broke or should I say crack apart. But since I over screwed this "particular part", it won't hold anymore to the bathtub chassis. So my only problem is the over screwed bathtub chassis. should I buy a new bathtub chassis or buy a whole new kit instead?
The chassis is pretty cheap if you look on RCmart. But if you need to just get by until the new parts come in you could try to run just a tiny bit of thin CA glue into the screw hole and let it dry. Then run the screw into it. You'd have to be careful not to fill the hole upwith glue, but just enough to tighten the space. I've done this before on RC helis and it worked good, But it was a through hole so it was not possible to fill the hole up with glue.

Of course do so at your own risk.

And about which chassis you should be racing, you should base this off of what other people are using in you area. That way you'll get setup support and also possibly parts support if you break something and they may have a part you can use to get you by.
JonesyCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #1460
Tech Apprentice

look for the DU BRO line of hardware.or just get longer silghlty larger screws and cut them down.I have used longer screws on mine and it holds togeather fine.OR///// do what i just did.I bought a TA05 ifs, and kept my tt01 for dirt rally racing.
shanedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:19 PM   #1461
Tech Apprentice

here is hoe I did stab bars
Attached Thumbnails
TT-01 Forum-tto1susp1.jpg   TT-01 Forum-tt01susp2.jpg  
shanedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #1462
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

Hey guys Iím new to R/C racing, so to get my feet wet and to be able to learn all the basics I got a TT-01R to start with. I would like to race in the SPEC/Novice class in upcoming TCS race at Tamiyas racetrack. I have a few questions and Iím hoping that some of you experienced guys could help me. First, what type of tires would you guys recommend and if I should use inserts or not? These are my choices Racing Slicks-50454, Racing Radials-50419, and Racing Semi Slick Tires-50810. Second, which springs I should use out of these three sets 53163, 49382, and 49389. Iím using the TRF shocks with two hole pistons and the Tamiya 400 oil in all four shocks. Now I saved the best for last, I have to use the stock 19-tooth pinion/61-tooth spur gear with the 540-J Silver Can Motor. I went out to the Tamiyas racetrack and the car is very slow. Since I cannot do anything about the gear ratio does anyone have any suggestion on what can I do to make my MOTOR faster but I do want it to be legal for the race? I know that I just opened a CAN of worms. Thanks fellows for any and all suggestions.
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:32 AM   #1463
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Use inserts in the tyres, inserts are vital for how wheel the tyres are able to work.
Since you're only allowed the 540 with stock gearing, I would put bearings in it with an alloy shaft as this will improve the efficiancy of the driveline.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 AM   #1464
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We run a whole gaggle of these cars in a class called Senior Spec back east. Either the slicks or the radials will work- nobody here runs the semi slick tires. Use Tamiya's gray foam inserts and glue them to the inside of the tire with some rubber contact cement. HPI 26mm medium foams work well too, just stay away from any molded insert as they seem to take away traction from those high vinyl content kit tires.

You will probably wind up with dark blue short springs up front and dark yellow ones in the rear. We use the short ones with a ride height of 4-4.5mm all around. Also get the turnbuckle steering links since it allows greater arm movement than the stock captured screws. As Scooter suggested, bearings and the aluminum shaft are a must. We lightly sand the edges of our teflon pistons to break in the shocks- again, this maximizes traction.

Motor tips? Remember that you must use a #53689 motor for TCS, which is probably NOT the motor that came with your kit. Before you run a new one, e-mail me at rccardr@cox.net

RED DOT MOTORS- Fastest Titan 12T and silver can 540 motors in the known galaxy!
rccardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #1465
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tiko

I have all the hop-ups that are allowed for this class.
TT-01 aluminum center prop shaft
TT-01 ball bearings
TT-01 adjustable arm set
TT-01 turnbuckle steering tie-rod set
TT-01 carbon upper deck
5mm aluminum ball connectors
Aluminum clamp type wheel hubs (4mm, I have the 5mm on my car, and 6mm)
tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:03 AM   #1466
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to XiaoBenJ

Hi,

Can tell me more about ur Setting of TT-01?

How many toe in/out ?
Camber for Front and Rear?
Type of spring?
Shock postion ?
And many more

THax

Last edited by XiaoBenJ; 04-14-2009 at 11:18 AM.
XiaoBenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #1467
Tech Initiate

Default TT01E parts installing to TT01D

Hey, So i'd like to install the TT01E D-parts on my TT01Drift, because the D-parts have the improved steering parts which reduce slop and it comes with the upper deck, which I like.

Has anyone done this hop-up yet? is there new hardware required or will the TT01E steering parts fit with the existing hardware?
RepaF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #1468
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Problem troubleshooting~ pls help~!!

Hey all pros out there!! im having a problem with my TT-01. sometimes when i'm countersteering during drifting one sound will occure during that period~ is like a crack sound(something blocking and forcing it through) and when it occure i realise one of the front wheel actually lost power and cause oversteer~ after months of trobleshooting i still cant find the problem~ i've changed all the gears in it~ still having the same problem even i brush or clean it with brush in the gearbox. (The problem only happen sometimes) one of fren also having the same problem. pls help~!!
York is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 PM   #1469
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by York View Post
Hey all pros out there!! im having a problem with my TT-01. sometimes when i'm countersteering during drifting one sound will occure during that period~ is like a crack sound(something blocking and forcing it through) and when it occure i realise one of the front wheel actually lost power and cause oversteer~ after months of trobleshooting i still cant find the problem~ i've changed all the gears in it~ still having the same problem even i brush or clean it with brush in the gearbox. (The problem only happen sometimes) one of fren also having the same problem. pls help~!!
Hi,
Check with yr servo travel, see whether is it blocking, or maybe servo horn screw too tight ???
Old 04-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #1470
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by York View Post
When you turn the front wheels to their maximum angle, the dog bones may get caught in the spline grooves of the wheel axle. Check for wear marks on the dog bones at the wheel axle end.
brrrrm is offline   Reply With Quote