Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Initiate

What up guys. I am pretty new to RC and have a pretty decent TT01E with a few hopups. I have a little problem here regarding the gear ratio, i used a 55T Spur/25T Pinion to achieve the 5.72FDR however my motor is a sports tuned motor. Will the motor be burnt because my FDR is too speedy? Looking forward to hear an answer soon!

P.S. If it will i will re-gear to the 61T Spur / 19T Pinion (Stock =/) or any better solution guys? I have 55T/58T Spur and 24T/25T Pinion.

Last edited by Aprila; 03-10-2009 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? stabilizers

Please help me guys! i joined this forum just to ask lol. if i wanted to put stabilizers front and rear on my tt01 would i need any other upgrades? Someone has told me that i need both custom A-arms and an upper deck to fit them but im not sure.
i want to race my car on as little budget as i can and all i want is stabilizers, allum shaft and maybe ball diffs in addition to oil dampers and ball-joint sterring which i already have. im also contemplating trying to fit my mamba 25 into my tt01 for laughs haha.
cheers
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Smacka
Please help me guys! i joined this forum just to ask lol. if i wanted to put stabilizers front and rear on my tt01 would i need any other upgrades? Someone has told me that i need both custom A-arms and an upper deck to fit them but im not sure.
i want to race my car on as little budget as i can and all i want is stabilizers, allum shaft and maybe ball diffs in addition to oil dampers and ball-joint sterring which i already have. im also contemplating trying to fit my mamba 25 into my tt01 for laughs haha.
cheers
bro those people are right you need the combination of Tamiya Adjustable Upper Arm Set #53674 and Tamiya TT-01 Carbon Upper Frame #53672 to fit the stabilizer set. given you the part number above. cheers
Old 03-11-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Aprila
What up guys. I am pretty new to RC and have a pretty decent TT01E with a few hopups. I have a little problem here regarding the gear ratio, i used a 55T Spur/25T Pinion to achieve the 5.72FDR however my motor is a sports tuned motor. Will the motor be burnt because my FDR is too speedy? Looking forward to hear an answer soon!

P.S. If it will i will re-gear to the 61T Spur / 19T Pinion (Stock =/) or any better solution guys? I have 55T/58T Spur and 24T/25T Pinion.
I have run 5.72 with the sports tuned motor without any problems. It will get hot, but you can avoid excessive heat by minimising friction in your drive train (use ball bearings and check that everyting rotates freely). Check the temperature of your motor and esc regularly when you first run it. This way you will avoid over heating.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Where to get import brand shoes and clothing .Such as DG,dsquared,coach, fendi,Gucci,Nike jordan,Dunk,Nike shox,Air max,Air force one,Adidas, Puma, Prada,Bape,Timberland shoes, t-shirts,jeans,fashion bags, shorts and so on. ?

in online shop www shoes-trader com
a friend recommend it to me.
low price , high quality.
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-ugg-boot-026.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brrrrm
I have run 5.72 with the sports tuned motor without any problems. It will get hot, but you can avoid excessive heat by minimising friction in your drive train (use ball bearings and check that everyting rotates freely). Check the temperature of your motor and esc regularly when you first run it. This way you will avoid over heating.
thank you for the prompt reply bro. yeah maybe i shld consider some bearings upgrade. anyway i read your many posts about some interesting gearing info on tt01, those were awesome dude. u run a silver/black can like a brushless motor dude. cheers and thanks.

-aprila
Old 03-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Wide rear ales...

Toomany- depending on which version you have you can use the 50808 TG10 Long Wheel Axle with the 10mm hexes...these use the standard steel dogbones like every car in world (does anyone really know why Tamiya invented those gynormous plastic bones anyway?) so you may have to change your outdrives and bones if you have the first type:

50883 39mm Drive Shaft Set
53790 Cup Joint For Universal Shaft (for KIT GEAR DIFFS)
53806 Drive Cups (if you have BALL DIFFS INSTALLED)

BTW- Bucks, did the TCS tecHs give you any guff about running the F201 gear in TCS races? seems like it might violate the "on the chassis it was designed for" clause...or was it more of a "don't ask, don't tell" kinda thing?

-Cheers
Old 03-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ...and after some quick disassembly...

the 53410 TG10/TB01 Universal Shaft - Long Wheel Axle also fits if you want to run a U-joint instead of bones...it's the old style which I think is a little heavier that the newer CVD type of universal availible now, but I don't know
if Tamiya makes a long wheel axle for the CVD style yet...
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default ...and after checking the bottomless Omnibus Spending Bill,

Square sells lightweight CVD style universals for only $40 or so...

STD-50URR for standard size outdrives (TT01R style)
STD-50UR for goofy TT01 oversize outdrives
Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChattyMatty
Square sells lightweight CVD style universals for only $40 or so...

STD-50URR for standard size outdrives (TT01R style)
STD-50UR for goofy TT01 oversize outdrives
To get rid of the bulky plastic dog bones and out drives I used some old TL01 axles, the TT01 hopup outdrives (#53790) for the gear diff, and 39 mm steel dog bones (also old ones from a TL01). There are Tamiya Universals for the TT01 pn53792 (TA04/TT01 universal assembly)
Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default stabilizers for tt01

Hi Smacka..I put the tt-01e upperdeck on my car with the adjustable upper arms.I used Team Losi stab kits and some ingenuity.I tried to post pics but they won't load.....so................go to facebook,there is a tt-01 page and the pics are there.you need to drill 2 small holes in the upperarm tabs( I swear they were ment to be drilled out for this reason) the rears already have holes. get some longer screws and your have stab bars for under $40.00.the tamiya stab kits cost 35.00 in Canada.The losi ones are $6.00 for the kit front and rear in one bag.The upper arms are 20.00 and the etype parts will cost around 15.00.To do it the tamiya/3 racing way you are into 25.00 for the upper deck and 36.00 x 2 for the stab bars.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChattyMatty
BTW- Bucks, did the TCS tecHs give you any guff about running the F201 gear in TCS races? seems like it might violate the "on the chassis it was designed for" clause...or was it more of a "don't ask, don't tell" kinda thing?

-Cheers
*** Edit ***
Oops, about my earlier post, I forgot that I did run the 52T spur, but the largest pinion I had was only the 28. The TCS rules state that you can run any brand of spur, so I don't think it's illegal in GT. Spec class wouldn't have allowed it for many reasons, but in GT my interpretation is that it is legal.

As a side note, I'll be running F1/Mini this year so I gave my TT-01 car away to a beginner kid who is going to run TCS Spec with it this year; and his dad (who ran competitive with pro mod drivers back in the day) was so impressed with it that he bought one to run GT-3 this year as well. Glad the car found a good home.

It will be very interesting to see how the TT-01 does in a very competitive class in the hands of a very skilled driver!

Last edited by RaceBucks; 03-12-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, I'm running stock gearing on my TT-01. But, my spur gears seem to have black marks on them. No signs of wear yet. But why do they have black marks?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by grategenin
Hey guys, I'm running stock gearing on my TT-01. But, my spur gears seem to have black marks on them. No signs of wear yet. But why do they have black marks?
bro those black marks are the burnt out effect from ur spur and pinion gears grinding each other with the grease u added on them. check out ur front and rear shafts, u will be able to dip away quite an amount of such black marks.

-aprila
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Loose screws on my TT-01

Guys,

How am I going to fix the loose screws on my TT-01 Chassis? Because, I accidentally tightened the screws on my chassis. So, after having a 3 or 4 runs on an off-road track, one part started to break apart. Really can't tell which part because I'm still a newbie. So how am I going to fix it? Should I buy a new part to replace the part where it has a loose screw?

Also, I'm located here in the Philippines in Paranaque. Just want to know on which class should I race my TT-01 chassis? On-road or off-road? Is TT-01 even a race worthy chassis or should I buy another one instead?

Last edited by Adr1an; 03-28-2009 at 10:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.