R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-09-2008, 03:49 AM   #916
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to mcattardo

Thanks for the tire replies.

The D does have holes in the arms & metal plates, so I would assume you can adjust droop.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #917
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DD, I have heard that the Polyethylene is softer--is this true? Or in general, what's different about it?
Old 04-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #918
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBucks View Post

Are you kidding me! Does the TT-01D arms have droop settings? I've long thought that was the TT-01's only remaining significant flaw.
I can confirm that the arms (# 51217) which come with the TT-01D does have holes for grub screws to adjust set downstops. Just take note that if you are using plastic axles and dogbones, you can not access them to adjust them. You need to install smaller metal axles and dogbones or universals.

I race on carpet and find the TT01 taily under brakes, I run barely a 1mm of droop at the rear and about 3mm at the front, this helps to keep the weight on the rear wheels under brakes.

Kevin
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:47 AM   #919
Tech Initiate

Hello . What is the lowest motor that a tt01 can stand . Does aluminium spur and pinion gear are available in ther market for tt01 as i noticed that the current spur and pinion gear are make from plastic . Thank u .
Levinae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:12 AM   #920
Tech Fanatic

Hi Levin,

I am currently using a Mamba 6900 motor (I believe it is equivalent to around a 6 Turn motor)

The drivetrain held up very well actually, and I am still using the plastic spur gear (61T) and the tamiya aluminum 20T pinion. The only reason my drivetrain failed me was when I crashed into a wall, vaporized two knuckles, a dogbone and a transfer cup from the diff (see post 882 for the damage).

They do not sell a metal spur for the TT-01, but you can get a 58T and 55T spur gear, I believe made out of black delrin, as a hop up. However, Racebucks, Drift Demon and a few others have been working on adapting the HPI pro 4 adapter so the TT-01 can use other spur gears. Check the earlier posts...

Hope this helps!
Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #921
Tech Initiate

Since reading on this thread about the droop screws on the TT-01d I've added these to my car. I also noticed in the parts that came that it appears the TT-01 also has roll bars from the rear of the bulkheads to the wishbones. Does anyone have any pics of these ? also are there any other differences the TT01D has that are benificial ?

heres a couple of pics as the car stands:

Martinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #922
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinst View Post
Since reading on this thread about the droop screws on the TT-01d I've added these to my car. I also noticed in the parts that came that it appears the TT-01 also has roll bars from the rear of the bulkheads to the wishbones. Does anyone have any pics of these ? also are there any other differences the TT01D has that are benificial ?

heres a couple of pics as the car stands:

I noticed that you have adjustable upper arms - which part number are these ?

How do you find the carbon fibre chassis ? Does it make the car quicker ? more competitive ?

No-one seems to rate this car as being competitive - why not ? I've studied some other cars and with hop-ups this car seems to have more going for it than quite alot of others, and at a fraction of the cost.

I'm looking forward to adding the c/f chassis to my car.

Best wishes,

32819toon
Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 AM   #923
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadni View Post
I can confirm that the arms (# 51217) which come with the TT-01D does have holes for grub screws to adjust set downstops. Just take note that if you are using plastic axles and dogbones, you can not access them to adjust them. You need to install smaller metal axles and dogbones or universals.

I race on carpet and find the TT01 taily under brakes, I run barely a 1mm of droop at the rear and about 3mm at the front, this helps to keep the weight on the rear wheels under brakes.

Kevin
i disassembled the upper arms and removed the dog bones to adjust the downstops.

Current settings (and my 1st time):
Downstops: F=5mm / R=4mm
Droop: F~1-2mm / R~2-3mm
ride height: F=6.5 / R=6.5-7mm

very short and limited testing showed that it is more responsive in steering and did not hook or oversteered. will do more testing this week and plan to have less droop on the rear and also want to lower the ride height

any other set ups or comments are appreciated
doriftu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 AM   #924
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post

How do you find the carbon fibre chassis ? Does it make the car quicker ? more competitive ?

No-one seems to rate this car as being competitive - why not ? I've studied some other cars and with hop-ups this car seems to have more going for it than quite alot of others, and at a fraction of the cost.

Best wishes,

32819toon
I've not really tested the car in a competetive race, but testing on carpet compared to my TA05ms, the car does seem to lack the balanced feel and the rear was definitely more twitchy. To be fair the car was tested as shown with 0mm offset ready mounted rubber, so the overall width was reduced. I plan to run some 2mm offset rims with premounted tyres to get a true comparision. I'll let you know how it compares.

Since adding the titanium main drive shaft ( linking front to rear diffs )cups, the car has become noisy. It doesn't help that the shaft doesn't run central to the cups due to the tolerances in the cups. I've read that some people have put small rubber pieces in the cups to cut down the noise, but is this the only option ? my TA05ms is so quiet compared to the metalic rattle of the 01.
Martinst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #925
Tech Apprentice

I regularly race a hopped up TT-01 CF chassis against hopped-up TA-05s in the 540 class and find that the TT-01 is equal to the task.

The CF chassis is lighter, so with everything else being the same, it is quicker than the bath tub chassis. However, it does not necessarily make it more competitive, you also have to look at the gearing, tires etc. Go to post #835

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32819toon View Post

Best wishes,

32819toon
brrrrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinst View Post
Since adding the titanium main drive shaft ( linking front to rear diffs )cups, the car has become noisy. It doesn't help that the shaft doesn't run central to the cups due to the tolerances in the cups. I've read that some people have put small rubber pieces in the cups to cut down the noise, but is this the only option ? my TA05ms is so quiet compared to the metalic rattle of the 01.
I also noticed this. The front and rear diff cups don't seem to be aligned very well. This is so unlike the Yokomo SD I used to have where center shaft will find a neutral spot where it can spin quietly when you increase the speed. With the TT01 the center shaft will just vibrate wildly as you press on the throttle.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #927
Tech Fanatic

I have had that problem become more noticeable with the Mamba 6900.

This is part of the reason I am heading towards a belt drive car right now...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #928
Tech Addict

Default drive train slop

Would packing the cups with thick grease or even silicone rubber solve the slack drive shaft fitting ?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #929
Tech Fanatic

It might, but you need to make sure that the shaft is perfectly centered, because if it is even slightly off, the rotating would lag due to the shaft being un-centered.

I was trying it out the other day, and my shaft actually does center at higher speeds. At lower speeds though, it clinks around nicely. Note: I have the aluminum shaft and plastic shaft cups.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #930
Tech Regular

Default TT-01 cornering help

good day to all,

I have a TT-01 kit, and I race it on an asphalt surface, my problem is it is very hard to control during turning and cornering, the rear end usually skids out of control. im using a stock oil shocks and tamiya radial tires. can anyone please help me solve this problem?

Last edited by berserk; 04-26-2008 at 10:47 AM.
berserk is offline   Reply With Quote