R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #781
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrrm View Post
Thanks kavadni. I have "solved" the problem by super gluing a 6x3 mm plastic spacer that I had in my spares box and then drilling out the hole to 5 mm. The 52T gear now fits nicely on the shaft. Took it for a quick spin, nothing broke off so should be OK for a race this week.

Below are a few pics of the HPI spur gear adapter with non-Tamiya gear attached compared to a standard Tamiya spur gear and the spur gear adapter fitted to the motor mount that comes with the carbon chassis.
I think I'll get one of those HPI thingees.
kavadni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #782
Tech Apprentice

I bought mine at rcMart.
brrrrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 PM   #783
Tech Apprentice

Default How durable?

Guys, just how durable is the TT01 chassis? I slammed my on-road kit on the pavement at top stock motor speed and it jumped one feet because of the collision impact. I'm worried that that slam has weakened my chassis a bit, although I ran it again and it seemed fine. Is the TT01 strong enough to withstand all those bashings and accidental collisions? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:57 PM   #784
Tech Apprentice

Default How durable?

Sorry. Double post.

Last edited by green_overcomer; 02-19-2008 at 12:13 AM.
green_overcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #785
Tech Apprentice

Default How durable?

Sorry. A triple post.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #786
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dear Green,

The TT-01 Chassis is amazingly durable. I have taken mine off of sidewalks, over jumps in snow where the thing gets at least 2 feet of air and landing on ice...

The thing is that this chassis uses solid PLASTIC arms. The slight give in them and flexibility will absorb most of the impact.

If you had something where all the parts were ultra thin and pan-y, I would worry about it. Besides, if you break your pan (for some reason...) They're $8 from Tower hobbies. This is a great chassis for bashing
Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #787
Tech Apprentice

Mooshu,

Many thanks. Cheers to TT01!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #788
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffaelli View Post
Great, I will order now.

Do you have a part number for the 52?

I ordered last week. Hoping that the pinions arrive this week so I can use them on Saturday night at the track. Shop said delvery time is about a week, should be here any day.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:11 AM   #789
Tech Regular

brrrrm - what is the teeth size of the HPI spur gear, because it seems to be a little smaller than the tamiya spur, is that because of the 64pitch & tamiya having its own pitch?? Because i still run standard gearing (61/19) i would really like to give this spur adaptor a go, saves having to buy the whole G parts bag where you can only get a spur.

So, if i were to get this adaptor, would i need to find a HPI spur that is the same diameter as the tamiya 61T spur, and the same for the pinion, the reason why i ask is because the TT-01, even with the carbon chassis motor mount, has a limit on how small spur & pinion you can run because of the shaft being in the way right next to the motor. any help would be great, thanks in advance...
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #790
Tech Apprentice

Hey Drift Demon,
Yes the diameters of the gears in the picture are different than Tamiya gears. I am not sure what pitch they are. They were originally from a Kyosho. The gears in the picture are 62Tx35T which give an FDR of 4.6.

If you get the HPI gear adapter, you don't need necessarily to buy HPI gears. Any gear will do, especially since you could drill holes in the plastic to match the screw holes in the adapter. Just make sure that the spur and pinion are compatible. I have got Kawada 48 pitch 65T spur and 40T pinion gear on order. This makes an FDR of 4.2. I'll let you know how they fit.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #791
Tech Regular

cheers for that brrrm. Also, what are the size of the flat head screws used for the adaptor?

Im ordering my carbon chassis next week, with the spur gear adaptor. Im looking at getting the robinson racing Super Machined 48pitch 81T spur & robinson racing 'Absolute' 48pitch 25T pinion, which i have come to believe are the same size as the tamiya 61T spur & 19T pinion. Ive been looking closely at the robinson spur, im not so sure if it is an exact fit for the pro 4 spur gear adaptor, but i can fix that with a drill! But does anybody know if these spurs are a direct fitment on the pro 4 spur gear hub?? Ive chosen the robinson spur because its half the weight of a standard spur, & the hardened steel pinion because im sick of going through alloy pinions with my 7.5 vortex motor.
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:07 AM   #792
Tech Apprentice

From the picture at the Robinson web site it looks like the spur gear would fit directly onto the HPI spur gear adapter. The HPI spur gear adapter takes 3 mm diameter screws. I use 6 mm long counter sunk screws. You may have to drill the counter sunk hole on the spur gear to make sure the screws are flush. Be careful when you do that so you don't drill all the way through.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:47 AM   #793
Tech Apprentice

Default My TT01 problem

Help please. My on-road TT01 has this tendency to steer to the right even if the steering wheel in the controller is in a straight position. I tried to adjust the steering trim to the left, but my kit still steers to the right. I don't know where the problem is and what I should do with it. Please help me how to correct this flaw. Many thanks!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM   #794
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Green

Try to drop by JPRaceway tomorrow. The people there would be glad to assist you. Your steering might be binding (it's still plastic right) or it could also be the ball suspension on the front knuckle is binding. The stock steering assembly have a LOT of slop.
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:24 AM   #795
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rough512 View Post
Green

Try to drop by JPRaceway tomorrow. The people there would be glad to assist you. Your steering might be binding (it's still plastic right) or it could also be the ball suspension on the front knuckle is binding. The stock steering assembly have a LOT of slop.
Oh no, I cannot because I am based overseas. Your technical inputs can help at this time. Which parts should I remove and correct? Do I need to buy hop up parts to solve this? Please help. Salamat!