Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 AM

Default TT-01 Racing in Altoona, PA

We've always had a great TT-01 class, just browse around the TRS TV and RACE COVERAGE pages for videos.............

http://www.altoonaraceway.com/TRACK.html
Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Wow that's a really cool idea. I wish my school had an opportunity like that...

If you go and do that, I would suggest you have at least a person who dissected the parts of the Car, and showed the kids how it worked. Of course, a chassis with all of the parts laid out would be nice, but it depends on how much you'd charge from the school.

So do you know if the schools would be interested in this? It's a good idea, but needs people to go there. Also, you could extend this to a "pay 5-10 dollars and try out a hobby grade RC Car!" To give people a taste for how RC racing is. That would hook people too.

The bodies are going to look wonderful by the time a year is over... haha!
Thanks for the "props"

We feel this needs to be done in order to bring RC into the "mainstream" publics view.

We've met with the school board and they love the idea. One of the Admin team visited the track and is good to go.

Its all about growing the "grass roots" interest in our sport.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Besides that, this gives a hobby to all those kids that would otherwise be sitting at home watching TV and video games. I mean, driving RC cars at these larger scales takes extreme coordination and alertness --skills that are very, very useful.

What area (I presume US) is this going to happen in?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool

Update on my rebuild thought you guys might like this one. Hopups installed:
Ball bearings all around
Front and Rear Stabilizer set
Aluminum driveshaft and Propeller joints
Oil filled Dampers
Adjustable upper arms front and rear
[Adjustable Turnbuckles
Tamiya TZ Motor(Also have RZ and Trinity Monster Prostock motor)
Dean plugs on battery, esc but not motor

Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ooho.... so good... Everything there is so clean. I am assuming that tub is new?

BTW... you you by chance have extra body posts?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Body Posts

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
BTW... you you by chance have extra body posts?
Mooshu, not sure if it helps.
If you don'thave a TT-01D, then buy Tamiya 51217.

TT-01D B-parts, you'll get:
Extra shock mounting points
Metal hinge Pins on the lower arms
Downstop adjustments, allowing you to set droop.
The ability to mount stabilisers on the lower arms, no chunky alloy parts up top.

Alternatively, look for some alloy ones? GPM perhaps.

Kav
Old 11-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am actually trying to get a hold of some HPI adjustables. The posts I have are too short and need to add the adjustables, or I'll go and buy some posts again.

The only place I've found TT-01D B parts are at RC mart.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Adjustable Body Posts

Mooshu, I have been waiting three weeks on the trinity adjustables from my lhs
Kav
Old 11-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Smile SET

[QUOTE=dfiantii;3855488]Update on my rebuild thought you guys might like this one. Hopups installed:
Ball bearings all around
Front and Rear Stabilizer set
Aluminum driveshaft and Propeller joints
Oil filled Dampers
Adjustable upper arms front and rear
[Adjustable Turnbuckles
Tamiya TZ Motor(Also have RZ and Trinity Monster Prostock motor)
Dean plugs on battery, esc but not motor

BRO I WOULD SUGGEST FOR YOU TO
1. REMOVE THE ADJUSTABLE UPPER ARMS.
I WAS IN THE POLE POSITION AND WAS ABOUT TO FINISH THE RACE THEN WHEN I WAS ABOUT CORNERING I WAS BUMPED BY A FELLOW RACER THEN THE THING JUST SNAPED!
2. DONT USE THE TEU101 BK ESC FOR THE TZ MOTOR YOU WILL NOT SEE ITS OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE AND ALSO YOU WILL ONLY BREAK THE ESC. I SUGGEST FOR YOU TO BUY AN ESC THAT HAS NO MOTOR LIMIT OR AT LEAST AN ESC THAT HAS A LOWER MOTOR LIMIT THAN YOUR MOTOR TURN.
3. USE PLASTIC PARTS AS MUCH AS POSIBLE AND I SUGGEST FOR YOU TO BUY THE TAMIYA REAR TOE IN 2 DEGREES.

HOPE THIS HELPS. BY THE WAY KNOW WHAT ESC AND BATTERY IS ALLOWED FOR THE RACE THAT YOU WILL ABOUT TO JOIN IT WILL BE HELPFUL BECAUSE FROM THERE IT IS ANOTHER STORY
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

I am confused the TEU-101 is said to handle down to a 19turn motor so why would I not see the optimal performance for the TZ, RZ or Trinity Pro stock motors? I am using the TZ just for practice I know its more of a torque motor and I thought it would be better for the track we have here In California. www.speedworldraceway.com because i could use the torque coming out of the corners but I don't know. Will take it to the track this week see what is shaking with it. Just rebuilt her so need to put her through her paces.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default TEU-101

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am confused the TEU-101 is said to handle down to a 19turn motor so why would I not see the optimal performance for the TZ, RZ or Trinity Pro stock motors?
dfiantii,

Thought I'd pass on my experience with them.
The instructions that came with all three of my 101's states they can handle a 23turn motor.
I carpet race, on a small indoor track (the size of a basketball court), so we gear low. None of the three 101's can handle my 27t Peak Racing RS24 .. they run it, but 9 times out of 10 cut out after about 4 1/2 minutes under race conditions (the 101's cut out and flash the LED when they overheat).

In reality, a speedy should be rated for maximum power, not minimum turns, as it is possible to get a 23 turn motor that outputs less power than a 27.

I replaced the 101 with a 2nd hand pc-nolimit and have had no problems since.

Do speedies make a difference and effect the level of performance of the motor? Most definetely: YES!

I put my old sports-tuned back in the car with the pc-nolimit and was with no other changes going a lap and half faster.

Similarly, a friend who ran the cheapest LRP AI speedy was consistently getting 21 - 22 laps at our track, and occasionally getting close to 23.

He bought the sphere competition, and with no other changes to his setup, bolted it in and got 24 laps first race.

I am still trying to understand why, I used to think it's just Volts and Amps .. it either works or it doesn't. I am currently trying to understand the way the top end speedies pulse the motor rather than delivering a constant current and voltage.

Hope this provokes thought

Kav
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Nylon Rims

Can anyone tell me which brands of Rims are made from Nylon.
Only one I have found locally are RPM, but they only sell a 26mm.
I need 24mm.

For those that wonder why, nylon is unaffected by acetone or boiling

Kav
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

It has provoked some thought. I was planning to buy a new ESC but since I have been reading thought I could put it on the back burner for a while. I won't get the most expensive because I want to get a TRF415 with brushless next yr after the 416's come out but I will get a better quality ESC maybe next month since I am not racing right now just out to practice.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default TT01 Graphite Conversion Kit

3racing have now released a TT01 graphite conversion kit. TT01 graphite conversion kit is the first-ever product in the RC market. It is the result of 3Racing Team’s a year development effort. With our professional and well proven skill, we have changed the plastic chassis to be graphite, preserve the vantage point of original chassis and add-on more additional functions. It is the best product for TT01 driver who wants from entry level to be professional. Find Out More…
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

that kit has been out for a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.