R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #526
Tech Apprentice

Hey Drift Demon,

As you said about the wear and tear of your car after only 10 runs, what upgrades would help to prevent that type of thing from happening?

I wrote my list of hop ups that I'm going to purchase a few post up, would any of those help?

Would you recomend a brushless system and if so, what brand and how many turns? What maintenance do you need to keep your brushless motor in top shape? What are the number thats they say like 5500kv or so?

I've also seen on the Team Novak website that they say stuff like 3.5R, 4.5R, 5.5R and so on. What does this mean?

luismx123
luismx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #527
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Lately, my car has gone a bit wild. For example, the car shoots off full speed into a wall when I only slightly press the accelerator and when it does crash, for some reason the engine doesn't work. The ESC light blinks and the motor makes a slight wobble and thats it.

I found a way to get it to go again but only shortly. What I do is shut the car off and start it again, press the accelerator and the tires spin for a few seconds and then thats it. No more movement, but wierdly the steering servo still works fine. Any ideas??

Another problem I have is that the car has a delay and what I mean is that I squeeze the accelerator and the car doesnt react till about 5secs later. Any clue what and why that could be??

luismx123
Old 08-25-2007, 03:40 AM   #528
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hi,

Lately, my car has gone a bit wild. For example, the car shoots off full speed into a wall when I only slightly press the accelerator and when it does crash, for some reason the engine doesn't work. The ESC light blinks and the motor makes a slight wobble and thats it.

I found a way to get it to go again but only shortly. What I do is shut the car off and start it again, press the accelerator and the tires spin for a few seconds and then thats it. No more movement, but wierdly the steering servo still works fine. Any ideas??

Another problem I have is that the car has a delay and what I mean is that I squeeze the accelerator and the car doesnt react till about 5secs later. Any clue what and why that could be??

luismx123
Is the battery fully charged?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 AM   #529
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

try checking on the motor brushes,,,
imel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:35 AM   #530
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by luismx123 View Post
Hi,

luismx123
As per above, it sounds as if the brushes are worn right down to the point of minimal contact. If the brush spring is sitting right at the bottom of the guide slot then it may well be the case. Unhook the springs, withdraw the brushes and check if they need replacing. If they do need replacing, it may be worthwhile to get your comm cut at the same time. If you don't have access to a comm lathe, some hobby shops will provide this service for a small fee.

As for your car taking off at full speed at small throttle inputs, which may or may not be related to your brushes, check that your throttle trim is centred.
Phil_H_Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #531
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

anyone can tell me what extra parts should I keep handy or break the most? Getting a TT-01 would like to get some extra parts handy.
Clangeddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:19 PM   #532
Tech Adept

i'm having glitching problems w/ my teu-101bk right after i upgraded to a tamiya sport tuned motor. now the car is twitching with random throttle and steering inputs. can the esc not handle this upgrade, or should i look for a different cause?
swannco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:01 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Could be that your particular speedois struggling with the Sport Tuned. Also you may need some extra capacitors on the motor.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:34 AM   #534
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

you can trying lubing the bushings of the sport tuned motor,,, if that doesnt fix the problem,, you can try moving your antenna mount nearer to the reciever,,, i've been having a lot of glitching on my tt-01 as well,,, the new placement of the antenna mount and reciever totally eliminated all my glitching problems,,, it doubled my range too,,,

Sorry for the crappy pic,,,
Attached Thumbnails
TT-01 Forum-14052007365.jpg  
imel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:02 PM   #535
Tech Apprentice

Hey,

Anyone has any advice on which good and cheap brushless motors and ESCs to buy for a TT01-(what brand and model)?

I heard the Mamba and Novak are good but I realised that there would be a problem. I researched Novak abit and saw that the motors do up to 60,000 rpm. Woudn't that destroy a TT01? If it does damage it, what parts should I buy as spares?

And approx. how long does a brushless motor last with a 3000mah NiMH pack?

luismx123
Old 08-29-2007, 01:34 AM   #536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clangeddin View Post
anyone can tell me what extra parts should I keep handy or break the most? Getting a TT-01 would like to get some extra parts handy.
--spare spur gears
--parts bag that includes the gear cover/shock tower part
--a set of arms although the arms are soft enough to prevent breakage IMO
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 AM   #537
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Heres my TT-01, spent way too much on it but its my pride and joy.

Well only thing I really want now is the Square carbon fiber battery strap, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

And will consider 3Racings chassis when it comes out, depending on the price.

rays_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:36 AM   #538
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

very nice pic, like the blue. Looks very clean too.
Clangeddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #539
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rays_tt - fill us in on all your upgrades!
Drift Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

WOW!!

Where's the gun turret? how much does it weigh?
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote