Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
What parts help in drifting? the carbon upper frame stiffens the chassis a little more, i have a square alloy diff locker in the rear and a loose ball diff up the front, the carbon tower bars remove the flex from the plastic shock towers, they all work greatly together. Im getting square front & rear stiffners & tamiya front & rear stabilizers, i have been told the stabs help heaps.

Springs play a big part in drifting. with the TRF dampers I have medium white springs with a little tension on the front and a little more on the rear. The TRF dampers are the best shocks ive had!!

Battery is a team orion 3200 lipo, im also about to grab another one, only the peak version though. Gear combo is 61/19 (8.35 FDR), and witht hat the 4600 still gets quite hot, so im strapping a 40mm fan to her and see how she goes with that, i did have 2 x 25mm fans strapped to her, but found that it drain alot of my runtime!
cool thanks, maybe I'll uprgrade springs later on

well I got all my parts!

24/25T pinion, 55/58T spur, aluminum drive shaft, etc..

but I have a big problem... I can't get the 25T pinion to fit through the black thing where the screws go in to connect to the engine (don't know the name, it's the Grey thing in the attached picture)...

Do I need a larger one of those? My 25T pinion JUST gets stuck in it... Any ideas?

Well I'm running 24T pinion 58T spur right now and it's pretty fast! gonna try out my 4200mAh battery too!
Attached Thumbnails TT-01 Forum-pinion.jpg  
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

u mean the 25T pinion gear cant go thru the motor mounter hole??

hmmm thats weird. but your 24T can go thru??

u sure u got the correct gears for TT01?

well, great to hear that you car is fully set up. time to go sideways~~~
Old 08-21-2007, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
cool thanks, maybe I'll uprgrade springs later on

well I got all my parts!

24/25T pinion, 55/58T spur, aluminum drive shaft, etc..

but I have a big problem... I can't get the 25T pinion to fit through the black thing where the screws go in to connect to the engine (don't know the name, it's the Grey thing in the attached picture)...

Do I need a larger one of those? My 25T pinion JUST gets stuck in it... Any ideas?

Well I'm running 24T pinion 58T spur right now and it's pretty fast! gonna try out my 4200mAh battery too!
you have to be on mounting hole D, i usually install the pinion with the motor mount going first,,, after tightening that with the motor then i install the pinion,,, i have the stock motor mount though, if you have the aluminum one it might be off a different size i haven't tried it yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by doriftu
u mean the 25T pinion gear cant go thru the motor mounter hole??

hmmm thats weird. but your 24T can go thru??

u sure u got the correct gears for TT01?

well, great to hear that you car is fully set up. time to go sideways~~~
hey yep I have the correct gears because the 24T 58T pinions work well...

Originally Posted by imel
you have to be on mounting hole D, i usually install the pinion with the motor mount going first,,, after tightening that with the motor then i install the pinion,,, i have the stock motor mount though, if you have the aluminum one it might be off a different size i haven't tried it yet.
hmm how do you install the pinion after the motor mount?? there's not enough room for my alan key to screw in the grub screw! I have no idea why it's like this!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I tried again and the 25T pinion still doesn't fit! argg why!! please someone that has experience with this, am I supposed to 'force' the pinion through the motor mount?

I can't put the motor mount on first, then the pinion...... how do you do it imel?!?
thanks for any input/help!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by battlecat
I tried again and the 25T pinion still doesn't fit! argg why!! please someone that has experience with this, am I supposed to 'force' the pinion through the motor mount?

I can't put the motor mount on first, then the pinion...... how do you do it imel?!?
thanks for any input/help!
I don't see the problem....

Of course you have to put the motor mount on first and then the pinion. What type of pinion do you have? I use a Tamiya 25T alloy pinion. I can use the 1.5mm allen wrench without a problem. Just push the pinion as far onto the motor shaft that you can still use the allen key. The pinion doesn't have to be pushed all the way onto the motor shaft.

Can you take a photo?

Edit: Here's a photo of our 24hour motor and the plastic motor mount with a bigger Carson steel pinion. With my other pinions and the alloy motor mount it works just the same.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, I've got a TT01 and I'm buying a few hop up parts.

The list is:
-Heat Sink
-Alu Prop Shaft
-Ball Beaing Set
-Adjustable Arm Set
-Turnbuckle Tierod Set
-CVA Mini Shock Unit or Alu Damper Set
-Carbon Upper Frame
-Front/Rear Stabilizers
-Alu Racing Steering Set/Steering Link
-New body>WRC 2004 Impreza (messed up my Nissan GTR34 Nismo Skyline)

I also have a few questions:
-Are the CVA Shocks better than the Alu Damper Set? (Plastic VS Aluminum, Handling?)
-How do you install the Stabilizers to the Arms?

And for the ones who were wondering where to get 27T Pinions and so on, I have the answer.....MAKE THEM!
I've custom made my own set of Pinion and Spur and have accomplished an amazing 35T Pinion and 35T Spur.
I did a speed run and achieved a wopping 63km with my stock TT01!
Unfortunately I ran out of signal, and I have to say that it is hell to accelerate it but its fast!

If you have any answers to my questions please post them.

luismx123
Old 08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luismx123
I also have a few questions:
-Are the CVA Shocks better than the Alu Damper Set? (Plastic VS Aluminum, Handling?)
-How do you install the Stabilizers to the Arms?

And for the ones who were wondering where to get 27T Pinions and so on, I have the answer.....MAKE THEM!
I've custom made my own set of Pinion and Spur and have accomplished an amazing 35T Pinion and 35T Spur.
I did a speed run and achieved a wopping 63km with my stock TT01!
Unfortunately I ran out of signal, and I have to say that it is hell to accelerate it but its fast!

If you have any answers to my questions please post them.

luismx123
the CVA are better as it is using oil as damping mechanism. you can tune the damping by changing to different oil shocks viscosity. the stock shock are friction based.

never used stabilizer arms b4, perhaps drift demon or moshu beef can advise

jeez, u are having a 1:1 spur/pinion ratio!! wont that burn your motor? stock motor? how do you measure the speed?
Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hemi426
Just push the pinion as far onto the motor shaft that you can still use the allen key. The pinion doesn't have to be pushed all the way onto the motor shaft.
ahhhhh thank you!! that's it! I thought I had to push the pinion all the way onto the engine! now it'll work!

but I was running my TT-01 the other day and it's blazing fast already! dunno if I should up the speed... oh yes,, I'll try it soon
Old 08-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

5 LEDs for each light.

Originally Posted by diozxlive
What are those lights? any ideas on how many volts for additional LEDs for the TLU-01 light kits?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey doriftu,

About the CVA VS Alu Dampers:
-Arn't the CVA Shocks made of plastic?
-How does the Alu Damper Set work? Can't you also adjust the height of your ride?

Um well the motor does heat up but what I do is hold it off the ground till its up to speed then push it as hard as I can so that it doesn't loose any acceleration, and well I used a radar gun.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by luismx123

About the CVA VS Alu Dampers:
-Arn't the CVA Shocks made of plastic?
-How does the Alu Damper Set work? Can't you also adjust the height of your ride?
The "standard" CVA dampers are plastic bodied

There are several different sets of Alu dampers which can be used
  • the older TA03 Low Friction Damper set, which uses spacer inserts to set the preload
  • the TRF Damper set which has threaded shock bodies and an adjustable collar to set preload

It should be noted that the alu. dampers are also considered to be "CVA" dampers in that they are sealed, oil-filled dampers which use a bladder arrangement to compensate for the change in internal volume due to the entry of the shock shaft when the damper is compressed.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Phil,

So which one would you buy if you had the choice:
-Tamiya CVA Mini Shock Unit Cylinder(4)
or
-Tamiya Low Friction Aluminum Dampener Set(2) x2

I have a few more questions but this time its about motors:
-Brushed VS Brushless?
-Wouldn't a 60,000+rpm motor(brushless) destroy a TT01?
-What is a double turn and does it help?
-What ESC do you need for double turn motors?
-And any good(cheap) brushless and brushed motors with ESCs out on the market?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

It's just a matter of personal choice. Arguably, either set would do the job just fine.

If price is a consideration, then go for the plastic ones. If looks are a consideration, then the aluminium ones. If you're just bashing around a parking lot then the plastic ones are all you need.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can answer the brushless bit.

Using a mamba max 5700, i found that the cup joints for the center shaft & universals had wear marks in them after about 10 runs (30mins each run). I only chewed up a spur and a pinion, but that was because the pinion had lost its shape, and tamiya pinion are known for there soft alloy pinions.

But yeah, there is also another guy in this thread a few pages back that has strapped a 7700 to his tt01. If you plan to get a brushless, also plan for some upgrades to your drivetrain!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.