R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2005, 06:56 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck

Got my tt01 last monday! Got the Drift version. Just a lil' disappointed though as one of the screws at the bottom of the chassis is already stripped! I just turned the screw so gently and was wonderin why it kept on turning! Darn!

I also followed the instructions well but my bad, the instructions were for drift racing when i am going for normal racing! It made me put the 3 hole shock pistons on the dampers when i should have only used the 2 hole...am too tired to disassemble them so i'll just change em on the rebuild.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:14 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxck
Got my tt01 last monday! Got the Drift version. Just a lil' disappointed though as one of the screws at the bottom of the chassis is already stripped! I just turned the screw so gently and was wonderin why it kept on turning! Darn!

I also followed the instructions well but my bad, the instructions were for drift racing when i am going for normal racing! It made me put the 3 hole shock pistons on the dampers when i should have only used the 2 hole...am too tired to disassemble them so i'll just change em on the rebuild.
So how much is the drift kit compared to the tt01r at lils? Whats the difference? The bad thing about both I think is they dont have the mabuchi motor which is the required motor for the stock category. I saw some tt01 drifters at ps1 and they were pretty fast even on slippery tires. They dont even drift but rather powerslide. Must be a setup thing.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

I think the tt01r is around 7k and the tt01d is 6k. But got a discount so got my tt01d for only 5.5k. I guess the difference are the alum prop shaft, and steel outdrives and dogbones, plus you get the spur gear set on the R and the toe in rear uprights. The tt01 has no motor but the tt01d has a sport tuned motor.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:36 PM   #34
Tech Rookie

the TT-01 is surely one of the best kits i've had, i'm will not be selling this kit anytime soon, its strong and very durable. its a good back-up car to my mi2, which will be becoming an mi2 ec soon. i have nothing bad to say to the tt-01 kit, its a really good kit for a newbie.

i've attached a pic of a special raydar for rayman.
Attached Thumbnails
TT-01 Forum-gaydar.jpg  
1-2-3...G0!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:17 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Those front adjustable arms are crap. Not because they keep coming off but there's no point adjusting them since the slop is so big. What i did was to make sure that the left and right arms are equal lengths, but when i ran the car, there were different camber patterns on the tires.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:27 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Sushi Man

LOL, watever u say idc LOL i like this car. and i have the adjustable upper front arms and its okay..... I went from a stock TT-01 and i upgraded piece by piece... LOL i like the car... and the fact that the driveshaft is a 3 piece (not the one piece CRAP!! that the TB-02/tb evo 3 has) so it wont strip ur gears.. and the diffs are VERY low maintenece. For racing it's missing its top end speed.. .. bearing helped a little. REar Toe ins HELP Alot... especially if u want to drift =).

I havent broken much stuf to maybe one steering arm, and one shock tower (from constant bashing), The Top deck is also another good option... I like it, I tried my car with and with out it,... And i felt a lot more response out of it (i like it that way)
Sushi Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 12:41 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

The car handles really well. The only problem I have is the sloppiness. I might change to a stock front upper arm. Its also hard to access the turnbuckles upfront.

I have red springs on and 3 hole shock pistons because its a drift spec car. I found this set up too soft for normal racing. Have to switch to harder springs.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:52 AM   #38
Tech Fanatic

1-2-3...G0!!! also known as tantalus007,KilWency,WencyPro para sayo. Hahaha. Joke Laro na sa ps1 after the holidays. Patingin ng bagong ride.

mailboxck - tire wear really wont be the same no matter what kit you have. Tracks have different left and right turn which affects on a car. Some may excessively scrub the left or right front tire depending on the track. So always rotate tires.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:57 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

I understand, but i'm talking about something different. Went outside our house to test run the tt01 where the road is concrete and powdery. After around 2 slow speed passes, the left front tire only had half of it covered in dust while the right front tire has an even pattern. The floor is dusty and makes your tires grayish after a run. So obviously, something was wrong so i slowly adjusted the set up.

Another thing i noticed whas that the car would run straight on power but would veer off the right off power. I think its due to the sloppy bell crank steering?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:10 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

I see. You need a setup board to set them perfect I guess. Tantalus007 bili ka na setup board paarbor wag na yan rc bag bilin mo.

Veering sideways could also be torque steer. Steering slop definitely a major concern with tamiya kits.
I wonder, why didn't you get the tt01r if you plan to run in the Futaba cup? It has a faster motor, better tires I think.
http://tamiya.com/english/products/58348tt01r/index.htm
Old 12-23-2005, 01:13 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Darn! I never realized that the tt01r had an esc with it, all this time i thought it was only a kit and no motor! Oh well, i love my subaru anyway, so its ok. And there is a bigger price difference i think

The alum prop shaft, steel dogbones and outdrives, and the other extra parts look sweet. But i'm planning to join the "stock" tt01 class which only allows box stock cars. Asked Raymund what kit to buy and he suggested the tt01d. I just hope they allow me to use the new type of arms and the oil shocks.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:35 AM   #42
Tech Adept

Default Carpet Setup for TT-01R

Hi,

Anyone of you know where i can find carpet setup for this car as i will be running the TCS series at my country. Need to have a basic carpet setup to start the car rolling. Hope to have feedback from your guys.

TQ
thesaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 06:13 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Tried everything, i checked both upper arms and they were identical, when i switched the left and right upper arm, the problem remained.

Then i tried checking the lower arm, indentical as well and inverted them, still the problem is there. Where could this slop coming from? Oh darn, i just have to deal with it and just make the left and right camber settings equal.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:12 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Tried the tt01 today at the track. The suspension was too soft and the body rolls too much, but it was a lot of fun. The car was definitely undergeared but its ok.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

HoY gayman este rayman! Sana KillRayman na lang ginawa kong handle para masaya. Setup board? you could ask tatalope if i already have...
I didn't know you were that popular sa schumi corner...
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36&page=412&pp=30

mailboxck- bradir, ingats ka dian kay rayman, malufet yan sa mga fafa! Look right and he's gonna treat you right!!!

Joke, Joke, Joke!!! Merry Christams to everybody!!!
tantalus007 is offline   Reply With Quote