R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Default Box stock what is better??

Rayman,
Straight out of the box w/ BB installed & using only the hop-ups allowed in TCS Spec class which car is better for TCS spec racing? ( See rules below )

TT01, TL01LA, Tl01?

SPEC CLASS
1. Chassis allowed: All TL01, TL-01 LA and TT-01 chassis kits.

2. The Only Hop-Ups allowed are:
a. Tamiya plastic oil-filled shocks (50519 requires 2 sets) or (53619 requires 1 set)
b. Ball bearings
c. TL-01 Turnbuckle steering tie rod set (53300)
d. TL-01 long suspension arm set (53467) The sway bar set in this kit may not be used for Spec, but may be used for GT-3. TL-01 adjustable arm set (53503) TT-01 adjustable arm set (53674) TT-01 Turnbuckle steering tie-rod set (53662).

3. The Kit type closed-end-bell, silver can motor (Mabuchi/Johnson) is the only motor allowed for this class.

4. The stock 19-tooth size pinion is the only gear allowed for both chassis types.

5. You must run kit type tires (Racing Slicks {50454}, Racing Radials {50419}, Racing Semi Slick Tires {50810}

6. Narrow 24mm Type A {53293}) and type B (53294) tires are not allowed. All Tamiya Spec Class cars must use 26mm wheels and tires.

7. Any tire insert may be used.

8. New for 2006: The aluminum/carbon center prop shafts are now allowed for the TT-01 and TL-01 based chassis (53620, 53323).

Thanks for your help
Jon
Madison, WI
www.ccugolf.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 03:02 AM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck

WOOHOO!

I think they're running similar rules here. I sure do hope so to bring the costs down . The only thing i have to worry about are the batts since they require tamiya brand batts up to 2400mah limit.

Darn, i still have a monster stuck with me and i have to sell it to get the money to buy a tt01. Rayman, want a 1/8 monster? (murang mura na tsong...8.5k ofna monster dominator kit only...naghahanap lang ng buyer
Old 12-13-2005, 03:48 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does the TT01 have the same body post position with the TL01 or TB01?
work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

work-Yup they do. Thinking of buying a TT-01?

rayman - idol!!! Very sectretive, you have a tt-01 already? I thought you're buying a ta05 or a nitro tc for the upcoming opening of the new indoor track?
tantalus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Man! I gotta start saving up for my return to electric touring. Been away for a while and gotta get my stuff goin'

Indoor track? JP raceway? That would be a stock car killer since the striaghts would be very long and the very long track layout. Hopefully it would be ok for all kits to run on.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalus007
work-Yup they do. Thinking of buying a TT-01?

rayman - idol!!! Very sectretive, you have a tt-01 already? I thought you're buying a ta05 or a nitro tc for the upcoming opening of the new indoor track?
Meron ko tt. Ibang tt. Ikaw may ssg and mi2 na. Kampi ka na sa mi2 factory drivers??
Nah. The only tamiya legal kit I have is my mo3 without a mabuchi motor so still not qualified.
rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxck
WOOHOO!

I think they're running similar rules here. I sure do hope so to bring the costs down . The only thing i have to worry about are the batts since they require tamiya brand batts up to 2400mah limit.

Darn, i still have a monster stuck with me and i have to sell it to get the money to buy a tt01. Rayman, want a 1/8 monster? (murang mura na tsong...8.5k ofna monster dominator kit only...naghahanap lang ng buyer
Without an offroad track nearby I sold my monster a few months back. Its a paper weight gathering dust in the room. Even offroad fanatic Tantalus sold his offroad already after jp closed down. So what happened to the Futaba cup? Did you guys race?
Old 12-13-2005, 07:35 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman
Meron ko tt. Ibang tt. Ikaw may ssg and mi2 na. Kampi ka na sa mi2 factory drivers??
Nah. The only tamiya legal kit I have is my mo3 without a mabuchi motor so still not qualified.
I'm not a mi2 factory driver. I still have my m03 and also not equipped with a mabuchi motor. How about lending me some of your precious stick packs?
tantalus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalus007
I'm not a mi2 factory driver. I still have my m03 and also not equipped with a mabuchi motor. How about lending me some of your precious stick packs?
"Precious?" This is not the ring of power. Where will you use the tamiya 2400 if you dont have a mabuchi either.
Why dont you find me a mabuchi so I can run either my tlo1 or mo3 in the Futaba cup. Or we can just join the open stock and box out those weakly built suspension kits to hit the pvc if you know what I mean.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:08 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

The futaba cup was postponed to january 22 coz of the rain. I dont think anyone would be hitting the pvc on the apex since they placed those green plastic "fake grass" on the apex so your car will just slide over them or get stuck if its low enough.

I still have a silver can motor, just no 2400mah tamiya stick packs Seems like I'm missing a leg and you're missing an arm

For the stock tt01 class...they're be handing out the silver can motors each race. You'd be using the same motor each race so no worries, you just can't take them home until the end of the season.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:36 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxck
The futaba cup was postponed to january 22 coz of the rain. I dont think anyone would be hitting the pvc on the apex since they placed those green plastic "fake grass" on the apex so your car will just slide over them or get stuck if its low enough.

I still have a silver can motor, just no 2400mah tamiya stick packs Seems like I'm missing a leg and you're missing an arm

For the stock tt01 class...they're be handing out the silver can motors each race. You'd be using the same motor each race so no worries, you just can't take them home until the end of the season.
So they fixed the track? I haven't been there almost a month with the rain and holidays. Kudos to the track organizers for rebuilding the track.

Btw, some time ago I ran with a tt01 using my tbo2 almost r . I was helping him set it up it had cva shocks, alum prop, bearings, type rz, alum motor mount, sorex tires. I used it and I took the corners better and accelerated faster than my tbo2. It really was slightly better than my kit but not out of the box.
I guess it must be the light weight of the tt01 or the super fat ass of the tbo2 that made the diff. So any tt01ers would be ok with stock motor. But I'm not sure how long the kit would last with the soft plastics if you placed a hot motor.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:47 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Yep. That's the problem, the soft plastics of the TT01. Have you used the speed tuned gears for tt01? I looked at the pics online and it showed to compound gears. I have no idea how you should put that in the car.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:33 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tantalus007]work-Yup they do. Thinking of buying a TT-01?QUOTE]

Yup but not anytime soon Im thinking of making it my drifter just for fun thou
work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 05:02 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Did anyone see the new pics posted on the manila thread about the rebuilt track? Looks better now. I have to check it outI hope the tt01ers support this.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:14 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

I am surely one of those supporters. As long as someone buys my monster : The track looks real good