R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #2086
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod306 View Post
Im thinking their might be a shortage of ff03 spur gears adapters now lol

steve is this a silvercan only car? how well can this car handle? are you going to try any larger motors?

this car just looks fun...so i would think it would be a great parking lot ride?
I bought the TT-01 used from these forums just to run the GT2 class in the Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) as I didn't have a Tamiya 4wd sedan. I will keep this sedan for the silver can motors for now as I have my Sakura for brushless races.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #2087
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 314
Default

Is a traxxas vxl to much power for one of these chassis and drivetrain?
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #2088
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

I recently purchased a TT01 that I want to setup for drifting at the local hobby shops track, well I was wanting to know what setup to use, I can't get the gear-mesh set, I also need a new gear cover and motor mount. Can anyone direct me what gearing to use for an old stinger 20t and also direct me toward a new motor mount and gear cover? One were I can adjust the gear-mesh if possible?
tabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #2089
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrown View Post
I recently purchased a TT01 that I want to setup for drifting at the local hobby shops track, well I was wanting to know what setup to use, I can't get the gear-mesh set, I also need a new gear cover and motor mount. Can anyone direct me what gearing to use for an old stinger 20t and also direct me toward a new motor mount and gear cover? One were I can adjust the gear-mesh if possible?
The local guys use the Tamiya one-way in front and solid rear diff on their TT-01 cars.

There isn't a motor mount that I know of that lets you adjust the gear mesh. If you use the stock Tamiya spur gears you must use the Tamiya 06 module pinion gears, and there are only a few gear ratios you can choose from.

If you modify the spur gear adapter from the Tamiya FF-03 you can then use any 48P or 64P spur gears. You have more options to set the final drive ratio but you're still stuck with the non adjustable motor mount. I recommend the Tamiya aluminum motor mount as it's a more precise fit than the stock plastic one.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #2090
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
The local guys use the Tamiya one-way in front and solid rear diff on their TT-01 cars.

There isn't a motor mount that I know of that lets you adjust the gear mesh. If you use the stock Tamiya spur gears you must use the Tamiya 06 module pinion gears, and there are only a few gear ratios you can choose from.

If you modify the spur gear adapter from the Tamiya FF-03 you can then use any 48P or 64P spur gears. You have more options to set the final drive ratio but you're still stuck with the non adjustable motor mount. I recommend the Tamiya aluminum motor mount as it's a more precise fit than the stock plastic one.
Can I get a link to the pinion gears? Also I need a new motor mount and gearcover if anyone can help me out finding a cheap one? I have to dish out over $1000 on the 24th
tabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #2091
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrown View Post
Can I get a link to the pinion gears? Also I need a new motor mount and gearcover if anyone can help me out finding a cheap one? I have to dish out over $1000 on the 24th
A Google search for Tamiya 06 module pinion gears should get you started.

Buy the aluminum motor mount, part number TAM53666.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #2092
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
A Google search for Tamiya 06 module pinion gears should get you started.

Buy the aluminum motor mount, part number TAM53666.
Alrighty what aboutthe gear cover?
tabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #2093
Tech Adept
 
OptimumRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 222
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt View Post
Is a traxxas vxl to much power for one of these chassis and drivetrain?
The dogbones and prop shaft are the weakest link.

However, if you don't punch it from a dig then the dogbones are probably alright but the prop shaft will flex too much at high RPM. Just replace the plastic Prop shaft (if you have it) with the aluminum one.
OptimumRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:29 AM   #2094
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrown View Post
Alrighty what aboutthe gear cover?
Tamiya do not sell parts like this individually and there isn't an after market piece available either. You need to buy a package of A parts, part number TAM51002 which includes the motor cover.

Get your hands on a copy of the manual for reference and part numbers.

Last edited by SteveM; 08-09-2012 at 05:49 AM.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #2095
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimumRC View Post
The dogbones and prop shaft are the weakest link.

However, if you don't punch it from a dig then the dogbones are probably alright but the prop shaft will flex too much at high RPM. Just replace the plastic Prop shaft (if you have it) with the aluminum one.

Iv got the alloy prop shaftas well as a set of universals for the front and rear so i should be fine i guess
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #2096
Tech Champion
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 5,637
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt View Post
Iv got the alloy prop shaftas well as a set of universals for the front and rear so i should be fine i guess
I have the alloy center drive shaft as well but feel there is too much slop in the shaft. Adding big power will surely make things worse.
SteveM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #2097
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 314
Default

I will try it and see. i will manly be bash-drifting so there will be low loads on the driveline
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #2098
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Sweet, I have been getting everything ready to drift her. Anything else I may need?
tabrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #2099
Tech Apprentice
 
Breten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, so I managed to pick up a couple TT-01's through the forum and a local one. I picked up a Rally setup TT-01 with lotsa hop-ups that I will be keeping for Rally purposes. I plan on dropping in the Leopard motor/ESC I picked up, and am wondering what gearing I should go with. I believe the stock Spur Gear is 61T, and the motor is a 10T 3930kv. Here's some pics:

Had to touch up the paint on the body and added some decals from the HPI Honda Civic kit.













__________________
HPI Savage X 4.6
HB LST Pro Truggy
Losi XXX-SCT & Nightcrawler
ECX Torment
Axial SCX-10 Trail Creeper
Breten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #2100
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Hey Guys,
I just picked up this from a guy who had only used it twice. TT-01 Type E I have a few questions. The first being why isn't there a good source of tt01 type E info on the net? lol

1. The battery life with nimh packs is just not that good. I want to extend that and use a brushless system. I intend to solely use the car for drift. Can someone point me in the right direction? I've got piles of other lipo packs to use.

2. My car seems to want to steer alot more in one direction than the other. I've play with the trim's and everything seems fine. I've read about shaving down the steering bump stops on the arms to increase throw. What are everyone's opinions about doing that? Is there another way?

3. I also read about the front "one-way" What essentially does this do? I just ordered an aluminum center shaft with a one-way bearing. Will this do the same thing?

http ://farm9.staticflickr.com/8036/8052352189_d1ff12c268_d.jpg

http ://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8052355106_51bcd692b1_d.jpg
Grips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 05:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 02:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 08:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 09:26 PM


Tags
drift


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Laguna Bozo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0