R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #2011
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon View Post
My kit is a Tamiya TT01 with a spur- pinion of 58/23 and a Tamiya TEU 104BK with Tamiya brushed 28T GT tuned motor during my last 5 bashing sessions I already damaged 2 ESC what could be the problem ?
Are you drifting or running with grip tyres?

Are you running a heatsink on your motor? Not really related to the esc but worth knowing

What battery are you using and what ratings and voltage does it have?
mr lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #2012
Tech Initiate

some pics of the finished kits..
still have a 2006 BMW touring body with LEDs to do..will trade for a 190E if anyone has one..
Attached Thumbnails
TT-01 Forum-rc1.jpg   TT-01 Forum-rc-dayvo2.jpg   TT-01 Forum-rc-duo.jpg  
Bill Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #2013
Tech Regular

They look neat!

A drifter and a racer or both drifters?
Old 09-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #2014
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr lee View Post
They look neat!

A drifter and a racer or both drifters?
thx! sold one to my buddy and they are both racers at the moment!
Bill Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:39 PM   #2015
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunster View Post
Here's the bad news - It's a little bit you but it's mostly the car.

Putting a spool on the front will make the car a hell of a lot easier / more predictable. to drive.

If the Ball Diffs are slipping that will cause problems as well.

Get someone to hold the front wheels while you turn the rear wheels. All wheels should emit even pressure / force (You don't want one wheel turning on its own). If not the car can be very unpredicatable under hard acceleration.

Some decent tires will make a big difference as well.

600 Oil in the front dampers might help you as it will produce understeer.

Red springs on the rear will also induce some understeer - although the car might also bottom out so be careful.

Overall though I think a spool will make things a lot better for you.

hi can advise what you mean by putting a spool on the front?
I have some handling issue for my tt01 R type e.
when turn into corner, car will oversteer. if i slow the car down, while exiting the corner with full throttle, can will have spin...
wrxmacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #2016
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys, new to the hobby and having a blast. Just got a quick question in relation to the TT01. Any assistance would be awesome.

I have the :
Hitec 311 cheapo servo
tt01ED
Eurgle GT3B 24Ghz Tx/Rx
Tamiya Sports Tuned Motor
Stock ESC

Since installing the Hitec Servo, any minor accident that involves the front end causes the wheels to lose their center and move to the right. I still have control but the "new" centre for the servo is way off to one side.

The fix is apparently to pull the servo out and re-allign the horn. This is not difficult but has already put a premature end to driving a couple of times.

Sounds like a dodgy servo? Time to buy another? I started on the MG996R Metal Gear Digital Torque Servo MG995 RC CAR 1/8, but found it problematic. If I do have to upgrade, what is the next best thing in a similair price range?

Thanks
hoardz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:21 AM   #2017
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tamiya dont make a servo horn for hitec servos.
The best bet would be to replace the servo with a futaba compatable or jr compatable servo and istall the correct servo horn
burnouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:31 AM   #2018
Tech Rookie

Default midship

anybody know where i can find TT01 midship conversion? (either Active Hobby's STR081 or Eagle's)
ju5t1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:58 AM   #2019
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju5t1n View Post
anybody know where i can find TT01 midship conversion? (either Active Hobby's STR081 or Eagle's)
only place i found is
http://banzaihobby.com/index.php?mai...ducts_id=10684
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM   #2020
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnouts View Post
Tamiya dont make a servo horn for hitec servos.
The best bet would be to replace the servo with a futaba compatable or jr compatable servo and istall the correct servo horn
Thankyou for the reply, much appreciated. The horn didn't seem to be a very good fit, from what you have said I guess it's same to assume that the slippage is occuring in the horn when impact occurs. Oh well, I'll grab a futaba and see how that goes.

On a more positive note, locked up the rear diff while I had the car apart to do the servo. Big improvement in drift.
hoardz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #2021
Tech Adept

Default New TT01 ?

Hi guys ,

I am looking to get a new car for my son.

Are there any rumors of a new TT 01 coming out ? Or a replacement for Tt01 ?

Or will it still continue for next year or two at least ?

Thanks !
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #2022
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpex View Post
Hi guys ,

I am looking to get a new car for my son.

Are there any rumors of a new TT 01 coming out ? Or a replacement for Tt01 ?

Or will it still continue for next year or two at least ?

Thanks !
Don't think Tamiya will ever drop the TT01.....bang for buck you cannot beat it!

The demand is too high for it so they would be stupid to drop it.

The Type E is the enhanced version which is an improvement over the older one (steering definately better) but all parts from the old and new are interchangable so no need to worry.

I really don't think they will change it in the next five years....they may just update it......but who knows. At least there does not apear to be anything on the cards for the next year at least.....they would rather spend their time developing newer models.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #2023
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxmacorona View Post
hi can advise what you mean by putting a spool on the front?
I have some handling issue for my tt01 R type e.
when turn into corner, car will oversteer. if i slow the car down, while exiting the corner with full throttle, can will have spin...
Me too, please explain what is "spool"?
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 AM   #2024
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
Me too, please explain what is "spool"?
Differential Locker.

Either aluminum, welded some how, diff locker grease, silicone chaulk stuffed in there for a true lock, etc etc etc. There are many ways to lock up the front differential or rear for that matter.

Locking has it advantages and disadvantages. IMHO for the new, rookie driver, diff locking isn't something they should be getting into on the TT-01. I feel it's more of something for an advanced seasoned controller as it produces a considerable amount of understeer amoung other things. The only advantage is late breaking which is really not to much of an advantage since most times your only pressing the brake a fraction of a second after the driver behind you, not enough to make any real difference on the track and exit control since both wheels are pulling at the same time it makes getting out of the corner better.

Tire wear will be come a great issue, setup and maintain of suspension will be a task getting it to the sweet spot to try and remove most of that understeer you created etc. Again, I would recommend it for any seasoned driver, but def not for a rookie or beginner.

This of course is just my humble .02 cents since I too spooled my front one my tt-01 the day after I got into RC cars and I fought it for months before the local track legend had me swap it back out to stock, make some suspension adjustments and presto, track times as well as skill improved 10 fold for corner management. Again, just my .02 cents from one rookie to another.
Creativeindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:35 PM   #2025
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeindy View Post
Differential Locker.

Either aluminum, welded some how, diff locker grease, silicone chaulk stuffed in there for a true lock, etc etc etc. There are many ways to lock up the front differential or rear for that matter.

Locking has it advantages and disadvantages. IMHO for the new, rookie driver, diff locking isn't something they should be getting into on the TT-01. I feel it's more of something for an advanced seasoned controller as it produces a considerable amount of understeer amoung other things. The only advantage is late breaking which is really not to much of an advantage since most times your only pressing the brake a fraction of a second after the driver behind you, not enough to make any real difference on the track and exit control since both wheels are pulling at the same time it makes getting out of the corner better.

Tire wear will be come a great issue, setup and maintain of suspension will be a task getting it to the sweet spot to try and remove most of that understeer you created etc. Again, I would recommend it for any seasoned driver, but def not for a rookie or beginner.

This of course is just my humble .02 cents since I too spooled my front one my tt-01 the day after I got into RC cars and I fought it for months before the local track legend had me swap it back out to stock, make some suspension adjustments and presto, track times as well as skill improved 10 fold for corner management. Again, just my .02 cents from one rookie to another.
Oh now I know, thank you so much
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote