R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 AM   #1876
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys.

Just wondering what would be the best gear ratio for my TT-01E? i am using it for touring racing.
Thanks in advanced.
LachlanWinten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 AM   #1877
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RatsacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlessKyle View Post
How can I make my TT-01 have a taller battery tray. Can you get extenders for the battery strap posts?
I super glued 2 pieces of velcro to the chassis and that just wraps around the battery. Hard to explain but I can get pics if you'd like.
Spektrum DX3C
RatsacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #1878
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LachlanWinten View Post
Um i am planning to race my rc like touring.

OK so you know how on the battery there are the two thick chord that leadt to the plug at the end. the red chord about 1 cm from where the plug is and also the plug. the black chord is fine.

thanks.
Cool, thanks for the extra info.

Here's what we do with our TT-01s racing silver cans on carpet. All part numbers are Tamiya. You can guy other stuff cheaper but most of it is crap. Paying a little more for Tamiya parts is cheaper in the long run:

1. Tamiya CVA Super Mini Shocks (50746). You'll need two of these as each one contains two shocks. Use the oil that comes with them and use 2 hole pistons on the front and 3 hole pistons on the back.
2. Tamiya aluminum propeller shaft. (54026)
3. Ball bearing (54025)
4. Ball type tie rods (53662)
5. Tamiya short touring car springs (53333). Blue on the front and yellow on the rear.
6. Set the ride height to 5-6mm

Your charger is easily repaired if you know how to solder. If you don't, you need to learn. It isn't difficult. Just get a good soldering iron and practice. The key is to get the parts you are soldering together hot enough for the solder to flow onto them. Do a search for soldering and you'll find lots of info. Or, find an RC car guy in your area. Chances are that he is a good solderer. If you do RC cars for a while, you will be good at it too. If you were close to me, I'd fix it for you and give you a quick lesson on soldering. I'm sure most people would do the same.

Good luck with your TT-01 and have fun

Last edited by woodys3b; 08-01-2010 at 09:20 AM.
woodys3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #1879
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey guys.

Just wondering what would be the best gear ratio for my TT-01E? i am using it for touring racing.
Thanks in advanced.
Are you going to use the Silver Can motor that came with the kit?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #1880
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
Are you going to use the Silver Can motor that came with the kit?
Umm yeh i will be using the silver can motor for a while but then i am hoping to upgrade to a brushed super stock (tamiya)

Thanks for your help with the soldering and upgrades, but it is the chord that have been damaged aswell as the plug.

How do you change the ride height?? Thanks again
Old 08-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #1881
Tech Regular

With your silver can motor, you can keep the 61 tooth spur gear and use a 22 tooth pinion gear.

Your charger is still easily repaired. Just get a new plug. Cut off the damaged one and solder on the new one. You will learn that most of us do this anyway because we use a different kind battery plug than what comes on the charger. Since you have to do this anyway, now might be a good time to put Deans connectors on your car. Just make sure you put the female plug on the battery so you don't accidently short it out on something metal when it isn't plugged into something.

The CVA Super Mini Shocks are easily adjustible for ride height. The come with shims that you insert between the shock body and the spring. It will all become clear once you see them.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #1882
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
With your silver can motor, you can keep the 61 tooth spur gear and use a 22 tooth pinion gear.

Your charger is still easily repaired. Just get a new plug. Cut off the damaged one and solder on the new one. You will learn that most of us do this anyway because we use a different kind battery plug than what comes on the charger. Since you have to do this anyway, now might be a good time to put Deans connectors on your car. Just make sure you put the female plug on the battery so you don't accidently short it out on something metal when it isn't plugged into something.

The CVA Super Mini Shocks are easily adjustible for ride height. The come with shims that you insert between the shock body and the spring. It will all become clear once you see them.
Ok thanks i will see when i can get these upgrades.
Thanks sooo much for your help.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #1883
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

So I'm trying to fit the Turnigy 2s 30c 5200mah Hardcase packs in my TT-01R and I noticed that you can unscrew the battery posts. They come out really stiff so maybe I can just run with out the screws in them. I was curious if you can purchase taller battery posts for the TT-01.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #1884
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

anyone using the tamiya hi-torque servo saver in their cars?? if so, how does it fit? any modifications to the tub chassis required??
Old 08-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #1885
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to peetiewonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushlessKyle View Post
So I'm trying to fit the Turnigy 2s 30c 5200mah Hardcase packs in my TT-01R and I noticed that you can unscrew the battery posts. They come out really stiff so maybe I can just run with out the screws in them. I was curious if you can purchase taller battery posts for the TT-01.
if you grind out the bracing in the tray it allows your battery to sit lower in it and u may not need longer posts.

Buy my stuff.
peetiewonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #1886
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetiewonder View Post
if you grind out the bracing in the tray it allows your battery to sit lower in it and u may not need longer posts.
I've already done that, but i think I'm fine using the stock posts just pulled up a little because they fit so snug.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #1887
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? GEARING

Hi i was wondering what is the best gearing for my TT-01E it has a stock motor. is there any method or ways to tell what the better way is??

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #1888
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
anyone using the tamiya hi-torque servo saver in their cars?? if so, how does it fit? any modifications to the tub chassis required??
anyone, anyone??
Old 08-13-2010, 04:45 PM   #1889
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi i was wondering what is the best gearing for my TT-01E it has a stock motor. is there any method or ways to tell what the better way is??

Thanks!
I answered this a few posts up. Post number 1881. You want to gear your car so that the motor doesn't get too hot. Most people use 160 degrees fahrenheit as the danger zone. Using the gearing above, you should be safe. If you don't have a temp gun, use your finger. If you can't hold your finger in the motor for a couple of seconds, it's getting too hot. If it gets too hot, use a smaller pinion.

Last edited by woodys3b; 08-14-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #1890
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
anyone, anyone??
I have used the high torque and regular Tamiya servo saver on my TA-05v2 and M-05 with very little success. For some reason, they seem to jump a cog on the servo output shaft when they take a good hit. I certainly wouldn't go changing things on my TT-01 to get it to fit. I replaced my Tamiya servo savers with Kimbrough servo savers and will not ever use anything else. In fact, I put a Kimbrough on my TT-01 when building it and never even took the Tamiya servo saver off the tree. I realize this isn't a direct answer to your question but I wouldn't waste my time with the Tamiya servo savers.