R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #1831
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hovering over your mom's fishtank.
Posts: 2,013
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I've never seen it.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:47 AM   #1832
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Default sport tuned estimated speed

Hi all, what speed do u estimate the following car will achieve, specs are :

Tamiya Sport tuned motor
Full bearing set
Alu shaft
i) 55/25 Spur/ pinion set = 5.72 gear ratio
ii) 24/58 Spur/ pinion set = 6.28 gear ratio
3300 mah nimh batteries

Car weight is 1.590 kg and body is a Nissan Nismo GT-R R35 with Silica Radial tires.

Waiting for your guestimates please.
Thank you
cpk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #1833
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vallejo, ca
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpk1 View Post
Hi all, what speed do u estimate the following car will achieve, specs are :

Tamiya Sport tuned motor
Full bearing set
Alu shaft
i) 55/25 Spur/ pinion set = 5.72 gear ratio
ii) 24/58 Spur/ pinion set = 6.28 gear ratio
3300 mah nimh batteries

Car weight is 1.590 kg and body is a Nissan Nismo GT-R R35 with Silica Radial tires.

Waiting for your guestimates please.
Thank you
21-27mph
27.52mph max calculated speed with 55/25 gearing, 64mm Dia. tires and 21000rpm motor
beast_C_A_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #1834
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singalong&Bulacan
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_C_A_T View Post
21-27mph
27.52mph max calculated speed with 55/25 gearing, 64mm Dia. tires and 21000rpm motor

wow 27mph, probably on a velodrome, not sure a TT01 can reach that speed on an R/C track. specially where we play>> basketball court "slash" R/C track.
cheech&chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #1835
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

How well does the TT-01 handle motors that are more powerful than the silver can that comes in kits?

I have some old 27T stock motors [these may not be that much stronger than the new silver can motor I have ] plus a 19T mild mod. motor that I would like to use to build skills for a move to a 21.5 brush-less sedan spec. class. However, I don't want to tear up anything in the TT-01 since I will use it in a different spec class in the Fall.
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #1836
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

I ran a Traxxas Stinger 20T last summer and it handled fine. I ran x-pattern pro tires.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:37 PM   #1837
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
I ran a Traxxas Stinger 20T last summer and it handled fine. I ran x-pattern pro tires.
Thanks, that is good to know. I had heard the TT-01 was pretty durable but first-hand experience info. is best.

Comparing the TT-01 to the TT-01E, it looks like the E has some steering & suspension adjustments [the manual has an actual set-up section for toe-in/out and camber!] that are not there in the base TT-01. I have seen a list of the parts to upgrade the base TT-01 to the E model but it looks like it would be cheaper just to buy a second-hand E model and use my base model as a parts car.

The Spec class I will run in has strict limitations on the hop-ups and uses hand-out motors but does allow either version of the TT-01.

Are these adjustments on the E model of insignificant effect or am I going to be wishing that I had kept looking until I found a 2nd-hand E model?
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #1838
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

This place has some TT01E's at a reasonable price and it's in the U.S. There shipping is a little high. So, you may want order some other things like motor cleaner, oil, etc.

http://www.rocousa.com/DETAIL.ASP?PRODUCT_ID=TA58449
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #1839
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
This place has some TT01E's at a reasonable price and it's in the U.S. There shipping is a little high. So, you may want order some other things like motor cleaner, oil, etc.

http://www.rocousa.com/DETAIL.ASP?PRODUCT_ID=TA58449
Hmmmm, more good info. I spent almost that much on a 2nd hand TT01 [at least it has all the hop-ups allowed by the Spec class].

Too bad I didn't do better research before I bought the TT01. Had I done so, I would have held out for the TT01-E with tighter steering & the adjustments for toe, droop, camber and shock positions [at least I think these are all available after reading the E manual].

At this point, I'll just give the base model a chance and see what I have. The playing field may be leveler than I fear. If I am at too much of a disadvantage, I'll just sell the TT01 and run my M03 Mini in a different class.
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #1840
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: glendale hts. il
Posts: 40
Default

Ultimate Hobbies has the tto1 type E R for 119.95
SPEEDRACER48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #1841
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default IFS only bodies?

I have been told that Tamiya makes a carbon front shock tower that has a lower profile which allows the use of bodies that only fit the TA-05/TB-03 chassis with IFS shocks. Can anyone confirm this and give a part number?
woodys3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #1842
knd
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 30
Default

3Racing (#TT01-E32) Graphite Shock Tower Stiffener For TT-01E
don't know if this is the one.
knd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #1843
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
I have been told that Tamiya makes a carbon front shock tower that has a lower profile which allows the use of bodies that only fit the TA-05/TB-03 chassis with IFS shocks. Can anyone confirm this and give a part number?
This part set is available from Tamiya but I could not find a statement that it allowed the use to the bodies that you are interested in.

54059 Tamiya TT-01E Carbon Damper Stay (Front)
__________________
The RC cars are in storage but not forgotten
One of these days, I'll be back to racing... somewhere
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #1844
Tech Adept
 
Ageofdeath10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: London
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
How well does the TT-01 handle motors that are more powerful than the silver can that comes in kits?

I have some old 27T stock motors [these may not be that much stronger than the new silver can motor I have ] plus a 19T mild mod. motor that I would like to use to build skills for a move to a 21.5 brush-less sedan spec. class. However, I don't want to tear up anything in the TT-01 since I will use it in a different spec class in the Fall.

It definetly does handle more than the silvercan! I had a 10.5t Brushless motor in their with only an alloy driveshaft and it handled fine
__________________
"Practice makes perfect but nobody's perfect so why practice?"
Ageofdeath10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 PM   #1845
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bonnyville,AB
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

im going to be putting in a CC 5700 in my TT-01...what am i going to break??
__________________
2Revos 3.3/ 4Tec
Rustler VXL / HPI Flux
F1Pro CC4600 / TT01 CC5700
2XRevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 05:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 02:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 08:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 09:26 PM


Tags
drift


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0