I recently bought a TT01 XB,with the standard silver can, ESC...etc... for bashing with some friends, and after reading (so much) info, I'm still a noob and have no experience in this, as it is my first RC car. I've read lots of pages in this special post (And others in this and other forums), so the questions I have may have been answered for sure, and so sorry for asking them again.
My goal is to....have fun only...maybe racing with some friends, some drift playing (only changing tires or moving to splipering ground) BUT...just for fun.
I'm asking your opinion in parts, as I want a little more accel and speed.
I have already bought the ball bearings (Tamiya Part 53497) and the Aluminium Propeller Joint & and Shaft (Tamiya Part 54026), and 2 batteries (1500NiCd and 4600 NiMh)
Parts needed to buy (help needed, opinion):
- 50357 Pinion Gear (22t/23t)
- 53665 Spur Gear Set (55T/58T)
- 53663 Ball Differential set (this is for the "rear")
- 53671 - Front one way differencial
(TT-01 front one way unit needs 53590 (TB01 cup joint) to be used when the vehicle is equipped with universals...are the universals needed???)
- 53666 Metal Motor mount
- Motor... here I need help. I want to stay brushed and using the standard ESC so the maximum I want is a SuperStock RZ/TZ or even a BZ,
other motors like Reedy Stockstar 27T 24 deg. Stock Motor #300.,33,200 rpm 145nm/m torque. Are they plug and fit like a standard Tamiya motor? need any adaptations? Help needed :P
- stabilizer bars (maybe when I have motor mods installed and if the car understeers/oversteers too much for my driving style)
last question (for now)...is the 58 spur and 23 pinion gearing ratio, the "best" option for good accel/top speed/power consumption (don't want to drive 5 minutes and it will go off)
Thanks for those who read everything