R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #1531
Tech Fanatic
 
mailboxck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Juan, Philippines
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mailboxck
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depressedbunny View Post
i found the problem the camber was off so i set it up and now i have less wear and can keep the tyres on for 9 or 10 runs
That's great to know!
__________________
Your online automotive resource Kotse.com
mailboxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #1532
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6
Default

I guess I am going to go with 55/25 gearing. I like it on my other car. I see alot of people running it in this thread also.
__________________
Fatlace RC Drift Team
grippymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #1533
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default


__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #1534
Tech Adept
 
Rcjunk-yard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 222
Default SHOCKS

anyone have any comments on the shocks available? I have I think the stock oil filled shocks and wanted to know if it was worth upgrading to the flourine coated or TRF shocks.

Also will the adjustable upper arms really make that much of a difference in a TT-01E or TGS?

I've run my TL-01 with no camber adjustments and it drives great, just a little rough on foam tires.
Rcjunk-yard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #1535
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

The plastic oil filled shocks work well. If you're running foam tires, being able to adjust the camber will help even out the wear. You can also tune the car's handling a lot more.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #1536
Tech Apprentice
 
depressedbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 56
Default

well ive had a few days testing and would like to know if it is about right for the setup. im running a 21x2 motor with 55/25 and the car is going 26.3MPH used GPS to find the speed out. but i was reading before on a forum the speed was much higher on the same setup as im running on my tt-01, one person clamed to be running about 35 to 40 mph
__________________
TT-01 (with mods),
TB-02,

old skool
Tamiya hornet
FF
depressedbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #1537
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singalong&Bulacan
Posts: 93
Default fast motor

hey guys,

what's the fastest motor a TT-01 can handle?

I've heard it can only handle up tp 19turns, anything much powerful

than that can rip the gearbox cover off.
cheech&chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #1538
Tech Adept
 
xxSLiMxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sauga, Ont.
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech&chong View Post
hey guys,

what's the fastest motor a TT-01 can handle?

I've heard it can only handle up tp 19turns, anything much powerful

than that can rip the gearbox cover off.
Im running a 9T brushless with no problems.
xxSLiMxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #1539
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Singalong&Bulacan
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxSLiMxx View Post
Im running a 9T brushless with no problems.
really!?!

great!

so what's your set-up on your TT-01, w/ the 9T motor?
cheech&chong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #1540
Tech Adept
 
xxSLiMxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sauga, Ont.
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech&chong View Post
really!?!

great!

so what's your set-up on your TT-01, w/ the 9T motor?
25/58 gearing, hitting speeds of about 45-50mph and temps are normal across the boards.
xxSLiMxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #1541
Tech Adept
 
xxSLiMxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sauga, Ont.
Posts: 239
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

9T eZrun Brushless, 2S 3200mAh Lipo.


xxSLiMxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #1542
Tech Fanatic
 
Phazewun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Question for you guys.


Been looking to get into the onroad thing for some time now.. i bought a tt01 for close to nothing a few months back and now i got it running and ready to go !

My question is this, People are saying that the tt01 will basically get smoked in a race due to the fact it doesnt have the tunability to tc4 or equivelant. I know the ball bearings are a great upgrade alot with knowing how to drive the car.. but what hop ups are there to increase the tunability of the car and what can you not tune on the car as it sits rtr ?

thanks !
Phazewun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:19 PM   #1543
Tech Addict
 
RaceBucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazewun View Post
... My question is this, People are saying that the tt01 will basically get smoked in a race due to the fact it doesnt have the tunability to tc4 or equivelant. I know the ball bearings are a great upgrade alot with knowing how to drive the car.. but what hop ups are there to increase the tunability of the car and what can you not tune on the car as it sits rtr ?

thanks !
Last year I decided to race the cheapest kit Tamiya makes in their TCS races (the TT-01 Enzo for $85 with a speed control) and keep the upgrades to the bare minimum to be competitive (I even kept the friction shocks). Look at post #835 way back in this forum for my list of upgrades and thoughts. As a side note, also look at post #871 for a better update to the gear ratios table.

I gave away the car to a 6th grader to race in the spec class at TCS and he cleaned up the field. I got the itch again and so just bought another TT-01 Enzo and finished putting it together today.

The TT-01 may be hard pressed to compete with the carbon fiber cars designed for Mod motors and such, probably better to get another car rather than spend upgrading a RTR TT-01, but if you are running silver can or maybe even 17.5T/27T for a while it won't take too much.

Jeff Smith
__________________
"We face each other as God intended. Sportsman-like. No tricks, skill against skill alone." -Fezzik
RaceBucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #1544
Tech Fanatic
 
Phazewun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBucks View Post
Last year I decided to race the cheapest kit Tamiya makes in their TCS races (the TT-01 Enzo for $85 with a speed control) and keep the upgrades to the bare minimum to be competitive (I even kept the friction shocks). Look at post #835 way back in this forum for my list of upgrades and thoughts. As a side note, also look at post #871 for a better update to the gear ratios table.

I gave away the car to a 6th grader to race in the spec class at TCS and he cleaned up the field. I got the itch again and so just bought another TT-01 Enzo and finished putting it together today.

The TT-01 may be hard pressed to compete with the carbon fiber cars designed for Mod motors and such, probably better to get another car rather than spend upgrading a RTR TT-01, but if you are running silver can or maybe even 17.5T/27T for a while it won't take too much.

Jeff Smith
Awsome thanks just what i was looking for... currently i have the 17t reedy sc10 stock motor and esc in the tamiya and it fly =)
Phazewun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #1545
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,584
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

For more tuning, you may want to consider, adjustable arms, oil shocks, ball diffs, chassis stiffener, sway bars, & ball diffs.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 05:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 02:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 08:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 09:26 PM


Tags
drift


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:50 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0