Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2007, 07:36 AM   #106
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gonzo416
the main factors mentioned in the forum so far are:

2-driving lines

3-throttle control

5-get help from fast guys

all of these factors boil down to getting help from faster drivers than you because consistency comes from good driving lines and throttle control. well those fast guys are either to busy or don't have the patience because us slower guys aren't able to understand the first time explained. as we all see in this thread the pro's aren't posting.
i am persistently after the throttle control system as i call it (when to let off and how much to let off for chicanes, hairpins, sweepers and all other types of turns) but all i get is you just have to drive. the fast guys have been doing it so long that it's like second nature. if us slower guys had someone to explain this in detail i'm sure it would help us be consistant and much faster because racing is all about the driving line and throttle. then we would be able to experiment with car settings. i am always within 1 second of my lap times but i feel i can't keep a consistant line and i'm 2 laps behind the fastest guy. also under pressure i really make mistakes.
You learn the limits of your car and how fast you can go round a given corner, exploit any avenue for go faster parts - but that can cost time and money.

Tyres are a big factor.

Id probably say (at a guess) you need to look at things in this order, the most important things are...

car setup

You cant get a car handling well on any setup if you dont have the tyres to get the grip through the corners... or you'll have understeer

You need power to get you racing fast

you need a good motor to be getting fast

then comes the car setup to make the chassis as best as it can adapt to cornering. Leaky shocks do not help a car corner.. been there before
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote