Wiki Posts
Search

Belt conversion for factory team TC4

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Goes to show how much you know. Especially since Corally based the suspension geometry of the RDX off the TC3.

thats wrong..sorry
Mo
Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mdoc
how many hb cyclones were in the mod class ?
good point
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by koabich
We will see won't we!
Hows the new T2 drive? Ive been waiting to get mine but you seem to already have one so please, inform me.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Hows the new T2 drive? Ive been waiting to get mine but you seem to already have one so please, inform me.
Bobby, the point of this thread is not to pick on X-Ray, even though that's what it might seem. It could have been Tamiya or any other company for that matter. It just happens that X-Ray is the most recent example of a company releasing a new car so closely to the heals of their last effort.

Read the thread from the begining and you may see how we got to the point of where we are now. It's definately not pretty but none the less this is where we are.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
thats wrong..sorry
Mo

Welcome to the internet. Accept what you agree with and reject what you find to be absurd. I was simply quoting a good friend who knows what he's talking about.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

ok

Last edited by Mo Denton; 12-07-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

lmao@Tortorice, what a horrible way to go. Impailed by a 1/12 scale lol.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Don't surprise me. I know a few. I guess win at all costs because if they win it makes them feel good I guess!!!!!!!!

lol very negative person
Old 12-07-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mo,
looking forward to getting to racing with you again this weekend. By looks of things, I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew, so I'll be trying to hang on for dear life this weekend.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I do not see the value or advantage of getting a TF TC4.

AE copied some of the Pro 4 design features. You can get a Pro 4 that has better quality parts, it's lighter and it has more value. Does AE even include carbide diff/trust balls anymore? The Pro 4 even cheaper. AE needs to up their standard in the longevity for their parts. Since I got my Xray I have not looked back. It's so easy to drive fast.

I think belt will continue to be the future. They have more design options. With lipos coming out the weight will effecting chassis layouts. The age of molded chassis will be a thing of the past. Just my two cents.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I think that sort of death would be a candidate for the Darwin Award... Shame it wasn't a ROAR race either, you couldn't collect the million dollars,
Old 12-08-2005, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Soviet
There's a sucker born every minute. Tamiya knows this and now XRay is catching on. I pitty those who buy a new car just because the one they own is now "old."

It boils down to this: There are 2 philosophies in the RC car market...

1. Take alot of time to design a product as well as possible. Release and improve slowly over time.

2. Quickly get design to market. Sell car. Take notes on what works and what doesn't. Release new car....repeat.

Hate to break it to you folks...but you're paying XRay and Tamiya to do their beta-testing for them. I hope Corally keeps the RDX around for a long time and releases small, effective and affordable improvements for it. 'Cause I know thats what Associated is going to do with the TC4.

Come to think of it...if Associated was out to bilk ( <--- Real word) their customers like XRay, we'd be driving TC8s!!!
I must protest your use of the words "Take notes on what works and what doesn't".

Shaft drive is immune to pebbles getting caught in the belt and snapping it. Typical X-ray problem is snapped rear belt.

Originally Posted by John Tortorice
But honestly, I would elect to practice more, hit nothing other than the carpet, and worry about this particular issue when you turn laps within a couple tenths of each other lap to lap. (Although I guess I just "worried about it," )
Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=BiggAlz]
Originally Posted by koabich
"a TC3 with a milled chassis is much more of an approvement over a regular TC3 that there will be with the FK '05 and the T2."

see the problem is from the tc3 to the tc4 is less of an improovment ,that just milling a tc3 was, and with a fk05,corrally,hotbodies, etc etc, theres prolly 5x the improovment the milling did on the tc3,and the t2 IS that much better than on 05......wait till people get em...
Acctually, milling was very easy. Easy when I have an entire machine shop at my disposal. I did many other peoples chassis' as well.

I agree though that the suspension geometry of the TC3 is excellent. It WAS and EXCELLENT car.

THe point was this. For me and all "privateers" I know that HAD TC3's and then got Xrays, their lap times improved dramatically.

And I know the torque steer was a problem for me, especially running 8 and less turn motors; what was needed to be run when at our track there were two full factory rides besides the numerous other national champs.

There are a lot of fast drivers up here in the NW.

Like I said, I know of ONE guy with a TC4 that can give me a hard time on the track, and he is full factory. So, the car CAN be fast. Getting it there is can be the hard part. Say what you will about set up skills or what not, what is it worth to the average guy, or even above average guy if so much is tinkering is needed to get the car dialed in to get it competitive? In NO way is driving an xray or other high end "more forgiving" car a handicap. And if anyone says it is, then they are admitting that those cars are better out of the box.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
lol very negative person
I think you mean truthful person. I know why you posted this and nothing to the other guys who mentioned the same things in this thread.

Last edited by wyd; 12-08-2005 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Best thing to do is not get me started. You won't want to go their I can assure you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know way more than you think and will leave it at that. Besides I ran for Trinity when you still where wearing Pampers.
..This thread is getting way to funny..started out basically why does shaft/TC4 suck into Xray and anyone else who comes out with a new TC sucks.. But it does make for a great rainy day read..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.