R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 AM   #16
Tech Adept

TYPE-6C body shell for F1 class. The art of Italian exellence now available in 1/10 scale 👇

We did not miss any details and accessories, nothing was left to chance. In the package we have included everything.
For our company the aesthetic is a serious matter, for this reason we have created a pre-cut decal sheet made specifically to allow you to get in a few minutes the same result of the body shown in the picture.

Watch out all the other pics and product's features at 👉 bittydesign.net/en/f1-type-6c-body

The TYPE-6C body shell will be available Worldwide from Distributors and Dealers in next 10-15 days.

Follow us! >>> www.facebook.com/Bittydesign
Share our photos! >>> www.instagram.com/Bittydesign
Watch us! >>> www.youtube.com/Bittydesign
Bittydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:15 AM   #17
Tech Adept

What an incredible debut this weekend for our new TYPE-6C body shell! The Bittydesign team dominated the Formula class at the International Xrace event hosted by one of the most well know Italian indoor facility - RC Landia, Scandiano - factory drivers were all present and in this class also the car designer Martin Hudy and Pro driver/ETS former Jan Ratheisky participated.

With our brand new TYPE-6C body shell we takes the TQ, the best laptime and after the finals we takes 3 spot in the first 4 places 👊

We're preparing shipments, the body will hit Distributors and Dealers worldwide in next 10-15 days depending from destination. Try this body to be surprised

Old 04-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Will this body fit my Tamiya F103,7? It is a 104 front and rear, but with the F103 battery postition. I do use a shorty lipo...

BTW, the crappy wings have already been replaced.

Cheers,

Hugo
HugoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

6C on an MD Racing F14 as painted two days ago. It now has the livery on it, but needs the driver suit and cockpit detailed tonight. A few minor mods for the shock brace and motor wires for clearance, but a nice fit in general. Should be on the track for trials tomorrow night. I should not have cut out the section in front of the foot well until I had the front suspension fit. it will be a very nice racing body.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoW View Post
Will this body fit my Tamiya F103,7? It is a 104 front and rear, but with the F103 battery postition. I do use a shorty lipo...

BTW, the crappy wings have already been replaced.

Cheers,

Hugo
It should fit just fine. The body at its widest with a shorty lipo trasverse will fit. It is the side links and tweak brace of the link cars that might have problems, but not many. The MD tweak brace just needed to be 3mm lower and the side links fit.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Any ideas on where to get Bittydesign stuff stateside? I've heard their liquid mask is the bomb .com
Kidspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:52 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidspeed View Post
Any ideas on where to get Bittydesign stuff stateside? I've heard their liquid mask is the bomb .com
If you go way back to the first page I think somebody said A-main has them. But you might want to search the posts to confirm.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:12 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Amain does have them as I just received one. The Bitty mask is the best I've used and I won't use anything else.

I've mounted the Bitty F1 body on my VBC LightningFX. It is a very tight fit. I had to mount the body a little further back than I wanted to get it to fully clear the side link plate and the pod will likely hit the body at full deflection. I'm going to throw some paint on it and try it out this weekend.
Special thanks to EMRFactory and VBC Racing.
linkless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #24
Tech Champion

I need to get some of that mask.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:57 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Thanks you guys for sharing your personal feed about the product, we also recommend to you to post on social (Facebook & Instagram) your TYPE-6C body shell painted and ready to hit the track using our official hastag #Bittydesign, this will automatically allow to participate to our Giveaway Contest (see more here)!!

AMain.com is our US exclusive distributor and our F1 body is already on sale, Liquid Mask as well.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:44 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Hi guys,

this morning I received mine, and I'm sorry to spoil the party, but I am not 100% happy. The shape is very nice, I hope it will perform a lot better then my home made body:

But having made my own bodies (and working on a new vacuum table), I must say I am not impressed by the quality of the body I received today. I hope the pics show clearly:

I have had this problem myself, either the mould is not smooth or the release agent is not right (brushed on?) I really like the overall look of product:

But please look into this. I think it can be solved with minor improvement of the mould or process.

Cheers,

Hugo
Old 04-30-2016, 03:51 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoW View Post
Hi guys,

this morning I received mine, and I'm sorry to spoil the party, but I am not 100% happy. The shape is very nice, I hope it will perform a lot better then my home made body:

But having made my own bodies (and working on a new vacuum table), I must say I am not impressed by the quality of the body I received today. I hope the pics show clearly:

I have had this problem myself, either the mould is not smooth or the release agent is not right (brushed on?) I really like the overall look of product:

But please look into this. I think it can be solved with minor improvement of the mould or process.

Cheers,

Hugo
Dear Hugo, thank you for having purchased our product, you will be surprised about the performance of the body on the track, we wait your feed!

We can also tell you that we looked the pics that you posted and this was a "pre-production" body, when painted the issue will be not noticeable as clear; but we take care of our Customer, please drop a line to info@bittydesign.net and we will organize a new shipment to you with a final "production" TYPE-6C body shell.

Old 04-30-2016, 04:11 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Tante grazie! Thanks for the offer, I will stick with this one. As you say, it will look decent when painted. And with my painting and driving skills, or rather lack thereof, there is no need to waste a perfectly good one on me! I am just glad your production bodies match their look in quality. You might want to inform your reseller about this, though, if they are not aware they could be selling pre-production bodies.

I started masking this morning a little, I'll post a pic when it is done and before I ruin it racing.

Cheers,

Hugo
Old 04-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Well, the idea was nice, the execution not going to plan. I tried 2mm masking tape for the first time, and for some odd reason the white paint creeped under the (wide) masking tape everywhere. Which is strange, as it wasn't the first color to go on. I painted black first, then the white sections, then the silver, then backed the silver with white, next yellow, last white backing for the yellow. It weighs a ton, probably… Anyway, I used my old trusty helmet, not the one from the body set (which looks good, BTW), and here is the result:

The safety belts and the air intake above 'my' head are the only stickers, the rest is paint (OK, I put two BittyDesign stickers on, too, but you know what I mean).

I will be practicing May 14th, and racing the 15th, with a completely rebuild car and this new body.

Cheers,

Hugo

Last edited by HugoW; 05-02-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #30
Tech Adept

will this body fit the 3racing FGX?
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote