Novak Brushless?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Brushless?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 10:33 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I think it's good that they are taking their time with it.

Better to release it right than to release it quickly.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default MarkA...

when you see those guy from Novak, ask them when the heck are they going to release it! And why no updates!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:32 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by futureal
I think it's good that they are taking their time with it.

Better to release it right than to release it quickly.
Quick??!! how many YEARS has it been since the first announcement??....this is worse than the wait when the TC3 first came out from AE.

If battery manufacturers did the same .....we would be hearing about 4500mah Nimh ..........around about now!!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile Preorder

You Could Get The Sport Version:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXDDD7&P=7
Old 11-16-2002, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Yes, Yes, yEs....

thats what I was waiting to read. Thanks Atlas! This thing should be a great product. I preordered mine. Some have said its like a 10T brushed motor, how much faster do you need for racing?

Last edited by Nightbreed; 11-16-2002 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up .

Last edited by Xrayted; 08-31-2003 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default Xrated...

you sound like one of those old farts that still like the stick type radios for Rc cars. Thats cheap for a motor and ESC. Oh, and it will last. Unike the stinky brushed motors. Death to brushed motors I say! You people wait, someday soon, people will ask, "Brushed motors, what the heck are those?" I will say, son, it was a bad time in RC history. Trinity, Reedy, you guys better get started. I think the stock class will dominate with this system. You got to love new products!

Oh, use the add number from Tower Hobbies RC car action add and safe an extra $15 bucks. Sweeter...
Old 11-16-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Yes, Yes, yEs....

Originally posted by Nightbreed
thats what I was waiting to read. Thanks Atlas! This thing should be a great product. I preordered mine. Some have said its like a 10T brushed motor, how much faster do you need for racing?
not adding any flames to this thread but i think the Novak super sport wont be close to a 10T......it's rated at only 3600rpm/v....which is only capable of running 7 cells max...but then this is just my uneducated reply...correct me if im wrong
Old 11-16-2002, 06:10 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Who are they marketing to ? ? ?

Originally posted by Xrayted
Hardcore Racers will stick to the tried and true.
Newbies won't want to spend that much.

I see the Novak Brushless system being tested every week, it looks solid, cool, reliable and efficient, just wonder who's going to buck up for it.

Maybe the local stock racers will make their own class.

X
REAL Harcore RC fans would have already tried a brushless in their cars. I've had a Modeltech BL for quite a while already!
Old 11-16-2002, 06:12 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Yes, Yes, yEs....

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
not adding any flames to this thread but i think the Novak super sport wont be close to a 10T......it's rated at only 3600rpm/v....which is only capable of running 7 cells max...but then this is just my uneducated reply...correct me if im wrong
25920rpm @7.2v does sound kinda NOT 10T!!
Old 11-16-2002, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

i'm not a hardcore racer...maybe just a hardcore hobbyists...been running Lehner5300/schulze 58ce for sometime also......rated at 5300rpm/v so it would spin for 38160rpm at 7.2v....and my esc is capable of running 10cells so that max it could go is 63600rpm at 12v(which is more than twice the rpm the novak can ever go )...but then it would be pushing the motor too hard as the limit for the motor is 65k rpm...wouldnt risk the magnet flying off the can..
dtm - how do u like ur aveox??
Old 11-16-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, it looks kinda soft...

I have a Modeltech and a Aveox, and the Modeltech does around 48000.

However.... and this a big difference, these motors can spin more under load and we are talking about free running rpm.

The experience I have with my Modeltech (the Aveox goes in my boats and provides insane speed) is that I can go from a 19T pinion to a 26 and it does not loose punch like I was expecting. The torque and power of it compensates for that added load.

The main difference is that you can "almost" go as fast as the 1/8 track on a long straight. And that's fast, scary fast.

The Novak seems to be pointed at the segment that gives money to the companies (like it or not) - the backyard bashers that don't have a comm lathe, that don't find strange that a comm has turned black and so on and so on.
No need to say that the RTR segment is the best seller for Associated and Losi is under way. Credit to Traxxas for that.

It's perfect for them. Not too powerful and with a HUGE life span.

Want power? Try the Hacker, Lehner and those motors that are around for a while and now can be matched with up to date brushless ESC's. You can find motors doing 9.000 rpm/V with more than 300W power. I just wish the best of luck to the poor soul that opens the throttle wide for the firt time.

Just my .02
Old 11-17-2002, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default Read the Novak add...

they say its like a mild mod. Just wait they plan to release a comp model sometime. Plus 36,000 whatever rpm is plenty of power for most racers. Plus, you don't see many big tracks at the local level. It will rip.
Old 11-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

I just wish the best of luck to the poor soul that opens the throttle wide for the firt time.

antoniop.......

the moment the trottle is pressed is the mement ur car will end up in pieces....

hahahahaaahaha
Old 11-17-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I dont know about all of you, i could handle going a little bit slower, if i was able to have identical speed to everyone else, longer runtimes, and zero maintenance. If everyone were running to the same specs it wouldnt matter what you had. on most small to medium tracks the times between stock and mod is usually only like a lap anyway over five minutes.

It sounds like the Novak will be a perfect spec style class, if it is anywhere in the 12-14 range equivalent to brushed, i am sure that i would not be the only one running it, in a spec style environment.

Currently i run mod tourer and i hate having to rebuild the motor every two to three runs or even more when using single digit motors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.