Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Digital Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Be careful of fit on the TC4

If you really want something that will fit in the TC4, pay attention to the width of the servo. I originally got a KO 2123 for my TC4. It is an outstanding, but expensive servo. However, it was just a bit wide and I had to cut the outside of the ears off to make it fit in the TC4 tub. I later transferred the servo to an HPI and put a Futaba 9451 in the TC4. The Futaba fits really well and has worked very nicely.

I have read that the new JR servos are a bit wider than normal, so those would likely be a fit problem. I don't know about other servo sizes, but you should check.

Ira
Old 12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Hitec 645MG is a crap servo, but consider this I've had a Hitec 5925MG for about 4 years now and the only trouble its ever given me was the gears stripped out last year, NO PROBLEMS IN 4 YEARS besides that. I've also got a 5625, no problems with that one either. I have had 2 bad 645's though. I know alot of people with Hitec servo's who have never had any trouble with them. Even still my next servo will be an Airtronics 94360.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I puchased a hi-tech, high torqe, metal gear servo for my TC3 a couple years back. I never had a problem with it except the centering issue. However, I dont' attribute the centering issue to the servo not "centering" but there seemed to be an exessive amount of slop in the servo arm itself. It would wiggle about 1/16" of an inch..which was just amplified by the time it made through the linkages in the steering. I didn't notice it at 1st, but when I was replacing ball cups and such to eliminate slop, I noticed the arm wiggeling quite a bit. Since then, I've replaced it with the 9451 futaba. No wiggle, stays nice and tight. I did keep the hi-tec around as it always worked, just had that wiggle thing. I think I paid about 46 for it couple years ago, so I'm not trying to compare that to the futaba.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by acyrier
I puchased a hi-tech, high torqe, metal gear servo for my TC3 a couple years back. I never had a problem with it except the centering issue. However, I dont' attribute the centering issue to the servo not "centering" but there seemed to be an exessive amount of slop in the servo arm itself. It would wiggle about 1/16" of an inch..which was just amplified by the time it made through the linkages in the steering. I didn't notice it at 1st, but when I was replacing ball cups and such to eliminate slop, I noticed the arm wiggeling quite a bit. Since then, I've replaced it with the 9451 futaba. No wiggle, stays nice and tight. I did keep the hi-tec around as it always worked, just had that wiggle thing. I think I paid about 46 for it couple years ago, so I'm not trying to compare that to the futaba.
worn out servo saver gears?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hmm... I don't think so. I don't have any "gears" in any of the servo savers I have. On top of that...there is no "servo saver" for the tc3..it's built into the steering mechanism itself. The slop I'm talking about was coming directly from the servo itself. Warn gears in the servo itself could be a possibility, but it seemed quite a bit. I think it was there from the getgo, but I was too much of a newbie to notice/check for it at the time of purchase. I was replacing a cheap s3003 so it was a good upgrade at that time.

Old 12-06-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Both servo's are good. And I can't see U going wrong with either one, But for reliability reasons I would go with the Futaba servo.

And just so U know I use JR's

Last edited by TVMRocket69; 12-06-2005 at 05:39 AM. Reason: edit
Old 12-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

JR 8450...4 years and still kickin
Old 12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Seem like a Hitec servo vs the rest servo discussion

Interesting to note that many compared the older Hitec analogue HS625 to the newer "other brand" digital servo.
Yes the new Hitec digital servos are miles away from their older analogue version.

Me ? I've got KO servo from the 1002 series, Digital Futabas as well as JRs ......but I have never looked back after I got myself a Hitec SERVO PROGRAMMER ! If you programme your ESC, why shouldn't you also programme your steering servo ? ....and it does makes that 10% differences.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ive had just about all hitech servos the bigest disapointment to date is the new titanium gear stuff that they have out those dont center when they come out of the box this is a personal experiance also gunna try an airtronics and see what happens. just my two cents thought id add it to the pot.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

I use an Airtronics 95758Z in my T4 and B4. Never had any problems, and they are fast as hell! It's hard to beat .06 sec @ 6v.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
ive had just about all hitech servos the bigest disapointment to date is the new titanium gear stuff that they have out those dont center when they come out of the box this is a personal experiance also gunna try an airtronics and see what happens. just my two cents thought id add it to the pot.
Most of the time, I find that the centering issues were due to incompatible servo savers ....the number of gears for Hitec is different from the usual Futaba/Sanwa servo savers provided for in the kit !
Old 12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

all i run is either futaba and hitec servos and well i have or got 3-4 messed up futaba servos

i had around 12 servos from hitec and none of them is broken exept one of them that has a wire problem(loses contact) and that came off the tc3 rtr!

for me, no dought the hitec is the top or 2nd in place of performance and quality

i would say futaba is not to good but i have some futabas that lasted me around 8 years so i guess futaba and hitec are about the same but hitec is just a BIT ahead of the game

just my 2 cents
Old 12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by anthony390
i would say futaba is not to good but i have some futabas that lasted me around 8 years so i guess futaba and hitec are about the same but hitec is just a BIT ahead of the game

just my 2 cents

Dude! a Hitec and a Futaba don't even compare,Futaba is wayyy ahead of anything Hitec even thought about having.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

in my perspective hitc is but not in latest tachnology in minds of quality
Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

The futaba is a very good servo. At the time I bought mine I did some research, and it was definitly the most bang for your buck in quality brand name digital servos. Whatever you do dont buy a Hitec.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.