2006 U.S. Touring Car Championships - Novak Race

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 U.S. Touring Car Championships - Novak Race

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Also to add, is the fact with M11 radios the spektrum responce time isnt as fast as with the M11 Module, so could be a reason why some Top Drivers care not to use the Spektrum, me personally i just Tried my Spektrum for the first time with the updated Module, and havent had any issues with it but if i have to use my Module for my M11 i will but i still like the fqct thqt i dont have to search for a Freq. Clip when i need a practice run or worry about hanging someone else up in the pits when i setup my Car.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

still dont care.. im not Barry, or Chris, or Ralph, or Mike... like i said, run it or not.

have you tried it yourself?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bobby J, take a pill. Or maybe that's the problem?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ummm... is this the Spectrum bashing forum???
Old 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbonium
still dont care.. im not Barry, or Chris, or Ralph, or Mike... like i said, run it or not.

have you tried it yourself?

no need to try it if i see people glitching off the track ....some people think that the spektrum glitches normal radio frequency...it suck it sucks...if you were barry you wouldnt run it either.....have any of you guys had any problems running it outside....
Old 01-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nope, never had any issues indoors in Stock or 19T, in my LiPo Brushless Mini-LST, or outdoors in my Mayhem/Mayhem ST or in a stock, 23T, 19T, or modified sedan. I also race direct a 5-race series up here too where nearly half the field uses Spektrum. In the first 3 races there haven't been any issues that anyone has brought up.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Ok Bobby J, we get it - you don't like the spektrum.

Others (myself included) haven't had any problems with the spektrum and just because we dont "get paid" to race, our opinions are worth just as much as yours, so please stop being such a beligerant asshole about it.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Swearing and bashing will not be tolerated on RC Tech.

Conduct yourself in a more courteous manner in the future.

- Speedo

Last edited by Speedo; 01-12-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

What is your issue anyway? No wonder most people think the guys that race SoCal are assholes - you could be the POSTER CHILD for that image.

And why again do you bring up Aaron Young, I never mentioned him ever. You on the other hand seem to be swinging from Barry's nuts like your life depended on it.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

just because the pros use it, doesnt mean its good... goes back to the "paid" thing you mentioned.

back to the regularly scheduled talk of the Novak race...
Old 01-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RobertV
What is your issue anyway? No wonder most people think the guys that race SoCal are assholes - you could be the POSTER CHILD for that image.

And why again do you bring up Aaron Young, I never mentioned him ever. You on the other hand seem to be swinging from Barry's nuts like your life depended on it.
nope, nobody is swinging from barry anything...the so cal guys are going to bump all you gay area guys right out of both nationals...none of you guys can race rubber tire to save your lives...aaron is a punk that should be kicked off corally for being an ass hole to OTHER people on his team..remember the northwest carpet champs he was being a little bitch to ALL the so cal guys ...
Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ummm... is this the Spektrum bashing forum???

I thought we were talking about the Novak race.

BobbyJ why don't you start a new thread so we can ignore your rants and we can get back to the correct topic that's on top of this page.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My son and I have run Spektrum for a year now. Love it. Indoors with others, both Spektrum and non-Spektrum, in an awful environment for that frequency (cordless phones, wi-fi routers) and have been very pleased with the lack of problems. The only problem I have experienced on just a couple of occassions is that after a rollover I experienced a 1-2 second shutdown - doesn't happen with any regularity, just very rarely. I understand from Horizon that it is a "static" issue they are working on, and they recommend double servo taping the receiver to the chassis. At the Novak race, we had about 25% of the people using Spektrum, I never heard anyone say they were having a problem, either glitching, slow response, nada. The only thing you hear the Spektrum users say is "It's great - this is the greatest innovation in the industry. Love never waiting in line for a frequency. Never worrying about somebody accidentally going on my frequency when I'm already on the track."

Outdoors, same thing, no problem.

As far as response time, I ran the Futaba with the HRS system before switching to the Futaba with the standard Skeptrum unit and noticed no meaningful difference in the changeover. And now Spektrum is (or has) come out with a special unit for the Futaba that replicates the HRS.

Whether the "big names" use it is another matter entirely separate from whether it works well. All the "big names" are sponsored by one or another radio manufacturer (Futaba, Airtronics, KO) - fat chance they would be using it, as it would be contrary to their sponsor's interest and contract.

Bobby J - How in the heck would running Spektrum cause someone running non-Spetrum to glitch? Doesn't seem to make any sense, no way for one to cause the other. Carpet kooks? I agree with the others - I think we need to pool our resources and get you a good chill pill.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CSeils
Ummm... is this the Spektrum bashing forum???

I thought we were talking about the Novak race.

BobbyJ why don't you start a new thread so we can ignore your rants and we can get back to the correct topic that's on top of this page.
this race is over now on the snowbirds...this thread is over........
Old 01-12-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

So then... why are you here???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.