R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Black Widow (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/92464-black-widow.html)

II Fast 12-02-2005 06:10 AM

Black Widow

Any other owners on the board? I put mine together this week and the only problem I found was the turnbuckles were to short but I emailed Trinity & they are sending me the correct length ones. I like alot of the features the car has like the new Associated front end, IRS Diff, 4 corner rear pod design (Easy motor changes) & the damper tubes went together well and had a tight clearance that should respond well to different wieght lubes. I also noticed it has a longer wheel base. I'm trying it out this week-end & will post up later.

dakrat 12-02-2005 06:29 AM

good to hear. keep us updated

II Fast 12-02-2005 04:54 PM

Pictures. A little better than the one's on Trinity's site.

II Fast 12-02-2005 04:55 PM

Another.

II Fast 12-02-2005 04:56 PM

Ntensweapon 12-02-2005 06:53 PM

i am happy with mine. however i am currently working on a conversion kit. there are a few things the car is lacking ( i feel)
stay tuned! :sneaky:

mjcxtreme 12-02-2005 07:44 PM

trinity 1/12th scale

I hear that at cleveland trinity had a new car. Its just like the reflex 12 except the rear pod is like the black widow. No more ae front end back to the dieter front end.

Ike 12-02-2005 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mjcxtreme
I hear that at cleveland trinity had a new car. Its just like the reflex 12 except the rear pod is like the black widow. No more ae front end back to the dieter front end.

Yep, tomorrow they will announce they are stopping production of the Black Widow in favor of a new car :lol:

II Fast 12-02-2005 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by mjcxtreme

That's just crazy talk........ :weird:

squarehead 12-04-2005 06:29 AM

Knowing Trinity, who would be surprised if that were true?

:lol:

II Fast 12-04-2005 05:30 PM

I had a chance to run the car today and it was better than expected. The longer wheelbase made for some very smooth driving, the car is worth the $$ I spent. I also liked 1 feature especially, the rear pod system not only put the motor flush with the main chassis for a lower center of gravity buy the way it's designed allowed me to get the desired ratio which was a 28 pinion with the 100 spur. It would be no problem to gear up to a 30 if needed with the 100 spur something the CRC, IRS & associated rear pod design will not allow due the the motor gets crammed up against the back of the T-Bar at a certain point with the larger spur gears.

squarehead 12-04-2005 05:36 PM

What about larger pinions necessary for some of the quad magnet motors, like a Reedy 19t (flame)? You may potentially run a pinion as large as a 38 on that motor (or larger). Are you running flat can motors, too? I have had a problem getting ride height with any motor that uses a round can in my Reflex. I'm wondering if this issue was addressed with the new car or not?

II Fast 12-04-2005 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
What about larger pinions necessary for some of the quad magnet motors, like a Reedy 19t (flame)? You may potentially run a pinion as large as a 38 on that motor (or larger). Are you running flat can motors, too? I have had a problem getting ride height with any motor that uses a round can in my Reflex. I'm wondering if this issue was addressed with the new car or not?

Apex, yes the flame 19 turn can will work. I bolted up a Lightspeed hand wound 19t motor (Yokomo can) & it's flush. The spacer's that go between the T-Bar & the bottom chassis (pod) are thicker than the one's used by associated, you may be able to use them on you're Reflex to get the same effect.

Tony

Ike 12-04-2005 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by II Fast
I had a chance to run the car today and it was better than expected. The longer wheelbase made for some very smooth driving, the car is worth the $$ I spent. I also liked 1 feature especially, the rear pod sysem not only put the motor flush with the main chassis for a lower center of gravity buy the way it's designed allowed me to get the desired ratio which was a 28 pinion with the 100 spur. It would be no problem to gear up to a 30 if needed with the 100 spur something the CRC, IRS & associated rear pod design will not allow due the the motor gets crammed up against the back of the T-Bar at a certain point with the larger spur gears.

I don't have a problem gearing 31/98 with my T-force, that is what the top edge of the T-bar sanded down a bit though.

mjcxtreme 12-04-2005 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by II Fast
That's just crazy talk........ :weird:

Not crazy talk about a new trinity car. heard this from a factory driver. He saw it with his own eyes in cleveland.