Search

Roadrunner Xpress

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 04:29 AM
bun
Tech Rookie

Default Roadrunner Xpress

G'day

I have had this car since about 1999. I did the motor upgrade a few years ago and the car goes very well and I'm very happy with it. I was wondering is the actual brand of the car 'xpress'?

I am considering doing another motor change, but would this involve also getting a new speed control or new servo's? (What else would need to be upgraded for a new motor?)

I'm guessing that the scale of the car is 1:12? And are different shells readily available for them? Can you buy them online?

Here is a video of the car.
clicky

And here are some pics.

If you can help me with any of my questions I would be greatly appreciative, thanks bundy
Old 12-02-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks like an express mini.. i know it isnt 10th scale..
Old 12-02-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Xpress is an old company way back when... i am actually very active in racing the 1/10 scale Pro version of the car. It can hold it's own still just as fast as the other guys.

What you ahve there is a mini sport version. That car is made by Sun Sun Hobby Co in HK who is no longer in biz but they have tons of spare parts still. you can contact them direct and get allot of parts for it still. I just recently dumpped $400.00 with them and in return i am getting about $900 worth of parts back. They are givign any where from 50-80% off retail prices so it's a great CHEAP car to race. I am stocked DEEP in parts so i am ok with breaking a few things here and there.

let me know if you need the contact info for them i will shoot you an E-mail or you can shoot me an E-mail @ [email protected]
Old 12-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Express Pro was a wicked fast car back in day. Only problem is that it was super fragile. I remember that car was also super light too...graphite hinge pins etc....
Old 12-02-2005, 02:05 PM
bun
Tech Rookie

Thanks alot for the help guys

I would really appreciate their contact info, could you please e-mail it to me at [email protected]

So was I right with the 1:12 guess? and Would SunSun be able to supply new bodies?

Are these cars any good for drifting?

Sorry about all the questions, just didn't have much luck finding info on the web.

Thanks again, Bundy
Old 12-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

It's an awesome little car.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Express Pro was a wicked fast car back in day. Only problem is that it was super fragile. I remember that car was also super light too...graphite hinge pins etc....

Actually it still is very competative... trash the CF hing pins run regular alloy ones. chage allt he ball cups, tamiya shocks and your good to go. I just purchased 3 of these cars about 3 weeks ago and it's going head to head with the latest cars FK05, JRXS, 415ms XXXs dude i have been able to out power and out corner peopel with this car.

I actually have been racing this car more than my JRXS it's so much fun and if a part breaks i can't compain about the price it's DIRT cheap i have enough to build 3 cars for a total of 6.

the only problem with this car is it has a high roll center in the rear but other than that it works flawlessly.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 5thscaleracer
Actually it still is very competative... trash the CF hing pins run regular alloy ones. chage allt he ball cups, tamiya shocks and your good to go. I just purchased 3 of these cars about 3 weeks ago and it's going head to head with the latest cars FK05, JRXS, 415ms XXXs dude i have been able to out power and out corner peopel with this car.

I actually have been racing this car more than my JRXS it's so much fun and if a part breaks i can't compain about the price it's DIRT cheap i have enough to build 3 cars for a total of 6.

the only problem with this car is it has a high roll center in the rear but other than that it works flawlessly.
I currently have three xpress's also. If you dont mind me asking, which setup was a good bench mark for you? Thanks
Old 07-22-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ultimate hobbies in Orange, ca still has about 7 racks full of parts for teh Xpress. Give them a call...they might probably have all the parts you need.
714 921 0424
Old 07-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Charlie.

Sorry for waking up an old thread lol. I didnt notice it was from 2005