Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Checkpoint 19turn spec mod >

Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Old 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
anyone have the part # for the brush spring spacers?
MK-CSS Brush tension adjustment spacer for Check Point motor

Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

About how much total thickness (range) are you using?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by radio_car_racer
MK-CSS Brush tension adjustment spacer for Check Point motor
Are these sold from Checkpoint or are these some aftermarket company?
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tek Nickal
Are these sold from Checkpoint or are these some aftermarket company?
MuchMore
Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Just purchased the motor (actually had it for more than a month) but will be installing it pretty soon & may need some assistance or may need to ask some questions before I run it at my local track.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Am I supposed to solder a schottky diode to these motors? I'm having intermittant power problems, and just noticed there is no schottky diode on the motor.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
Am I supposed to solder a schottky diode to these motors? I'm having intermittant power problems, and just noticed there is no schottky diode on the motor.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Have you tried another motor? It could be the speedo. What Speed Control are you running?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
Have you tried another motor? It could be the speedo. What Speed Control are you running?
..I'm running an LRP quantum 2/ matched IB4200's. I have a team brood money 19t and a stock (money) 19t, both seem to do the same thing: both don't have shottky diodes and both are fresh. I was running an older kisbey 19t w/ schottky diode and matched 3300's that seemed to make more power.

I've checked and reset the speed control. I don't know how else to check this.

I'm to the point where i'm grasping at straws.

Regards,
Steve
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bsmooth
..I'm running an LRP quantum 2/ matched IB4200's. I have a team brood money 19t and a stock (money) 19t, both seem to do the same thing: both don't have shottky diodes and both are fresh. I was running an older kisbey 19t w/ schottky diode and matched 3300's that seemed to make more power.

I've checked and reset the speed control. I don't know how else to check this.

I'm to the point where i'm grasping at straws.

Regards,
Steve
I had the same problem with my QC2... for some reason the speedo was was cutting in-and-out. You can try a shottky - the cheapest route. If that doesn't fix it (which I doubt it will), try lightly tapping on your speedo and seeing if it makes a difference. You could have something loose inside of it causing the problems (like mine was). I replaced the speedo and all problems when away. BUT before all that, I would check to make sure the lead running from the speedo to the receiver is not damaged (broken or crimped wires). Make sure it is plugged into the receiver.

I have never had a problem with my CP 19T motors - these things are bullet-proof.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duckman996
I had the same problem with my QC2... for some reason the speedo was was cutting in-and-out. You can try a shottky - the cheapest route. If that doesn't fix it (which I doubt it will), try lightly tapping on your speedo and seeing if it makes a difference. You could have something loose inside of it causing the problems (like mine was). I replaced the speedo and all problems when away. BUT before all that, I would check to make sure the lead running from the speedo to the receiver is not damaged (broken or crimped wires). Make sure it is plugged into the receiver.

I have never had a problem with my CP 19T motors - these things are bullet-proof.
After suffering from the same problems, I've had to spray my QC2 out with motor cleaner in the past.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm running a checkpoint 19t with infinity brushes, and I'm thinking of installing the silver/hard springs on it. My concern, however, is whether or not the harder brush spring will cause the motor to run hotter? Any ideas? thanks.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Re: tuning tricks!

Originally Posted by SpidarX
I'm running a checkpoint 19t with infinity brushes, and I'm thinking of installing the silver/hard springs on it. My concern, however, is whether or not the harder brush spring will cause the motor to run hotter? Any ideas? thanks.
I've ran the checkpoint with that exact set up but also added a .5mm shim behind the Pos. brush and the motor actually ran cooler(as long as the gearing is correct). The brushes are harder on the comm. so you'll need to turn it after 4-6 runs. MAX
The only issue is it will take at least two runs on the track for the brushes to fully seat. Breaking in the motor on the bench just won't do it! By the third run the motor will be ballistic!