Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Checkpoint 19turn spec mod >

Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Checkpoint 19turn spec mod

Old 06-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by housey
i think you could go upto about 30 degrees timing without any issues, but can you have any motor if it is a 19 turn?? 'cos if you can then you probably want to get a br00d outlaw19 or similar, seen as they are hand wound and are goin to be faster than simply a 'money' with the timing tuened up.
I drive the GM 19t motor and its goddammed fast its 24° locked timiong and it turns 43 000RPM! Ask BelgianChamp(Demsey) if my motor is fast!
Greetings Ollie
Old 06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Just wondered in anyone knows where in the UK i can pick up Brushes for chekpoints at a sensible price ??

The atlas brush is, what, twice as expensive as a regular brush and the long life is 3 times the money !!

I've been running the 4cell brush so far, as it's what comes in the motor and i assumed "best". I'll give the 6 CELL LONG LIFE INFINITY BRUSH a go but if burns up like the 4cell ones do i'm affraid i'll be going back to my Reedy and Trinity 19's

I'm guessing the infinity brush is like a lemans long life but i really do hope at the price, i can measure there life in weeks instead of races .........

Oh on a positive note i think the motor rocks, just can't afford to be installing new brushes every other run.........
Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Merciless, Microtech sell the Infinity for basically the same price as the XXX brush.

I'm getting 3 meetings to a set of brushes at the moment. My brother, who possibly doesn't push his motors as hard as mine, has just started running a Money motor. Will be interesting to see how much life he gets out of them.

Stu
Old 06-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
I've been running the 4cell brush so far, as it's what comes in the motor and i assumed "best". I'll give the 6 CELL LONG LIFE INFINITY BRUSH a go but if burns up like the 4cell ones do i'm affraid i'll be going back to my Reedy and Trinity 19's...
the infinity brushes last a LONG time. i'm on my second set and have been running the motor since last november. there is no performance loss either in fact imho its even better with infinities... the second run after rebuilding seems to be the best but i don't rebuild until you notice it slowing. i've run multiple race days without rebuilding and been very competitive.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sounds good on the infinties... now hwere can i pick some up from in time for this weekend??? Halifxax beckons....

Oh, and what does everyone use to undo the brush nuts??? I fear m pliers will kill the anodising...

Cheers
Ed
Old 06-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
sounds good on the infinties... now hwere can i pick some up from in time for this weekend??? Halifxax beckons....

Oh, and what does everyone use to undo the brush nuts??? I fear m pliers will kill the anodising...

Cheers
Ed
I just bought an open end wrench at local store. Much more as one now.
http://rctech.net/forum/showpost.php...34&postcount=1
Old 06-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Oh, and what does everyone use to undo the brush nuts??? I fear m pliers will kill the anodising.
Finger tips. You shouldn't need a wrench on them at all. They aren't designed to be that tight. All of my motors have always had them finger-tight, from the factory and ever since.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Finger tips. You shouldn't need a wrench on them at all. They aren't designed to be that tight. All of my motors have always had them finger-tight, from the factory and ever since.

Ditto...I guess they didn't read the sheet that came with?
Old 06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayBee
Ditto...I guess they didn't read the sheet that came with?
well... read it today (found it in the back of the packet... doh!). Thing is, my positive nut is much tighter than the negative... i can undo one with fingertips, but not the other...
Still, now I've found some infinity brushes, shouldn't need to change it too often
Looking forward to running the motor this weekend, interested to see what will work better at Halifax, this or my trusty EA C2's
Cheers
Ed
Old 06-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

well... read it today (found it in the back of the packet... doh!). Thing is, my positive nut is much tighter than the negative... i can undo one with fingertips, but not the other...
Ed
Well sometimes they seem to tighten up a little more on their own after you run the motor.

Just put a shop towel or something over the nut and loosen it. Definitely don't use the bare pliers or you'll damage the anodizing.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Much More sells a new wrench for the Checkpoint
http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...ode=news_MRCBT

and a brush serrator:
http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...ode=news_MRCBS
Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think the point is, you shouldn't need a wrench to remove and re-install the brush hood nuts.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

This is the only porblem i have with the checkpoint .........

It's not slow, infact it has great punch and ok top end but look at the state of it after just 2 runs !!

Moving over to the "Mega Money" long life brushes now to see if they improve things at all
Attached Thumbnails Checkpoint 19turn spec mod-checkpoinsmallt.jpg  
Old 06-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Thats normal for a fast 19T motor now-a-days. They all look like that after one run. Just skim the com and re-run the brushes if you run Infinity brushes. They will last 15-25 runs. If you run Atlas replace them every 2 runs.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merciless
This is the only porblem i have with the checkpoint .........

It's not slow, infact it has great punch and ok top end but look at the state of it after just 2 runs !!

Moving over to the "Mega Money" long life brushes now to see if they improve things at all
this does look very normal when using the ATLAS brush.... the Infinitey brush will last much longer but you'll still need to run a lathe across the comm when the motor slows. that varies on conditions of course

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.