Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davepull
got to love you guys. you think that your shit don't stink.
No that would be about 90% of oval racers!! The very reason I quite racing oval...Everyone is a bunch of Jerks that think they are better than everyone!! Walk up to talk to someone and they cover their car up or lie to you about rollout....

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm not blasting the event, not at all. It's by far the most professional and well run race program I have ever been a part of. I can't imagine the planning it take to pull off what they do evey year, not the mention calming a fire marshall hellbent on shutting down the race! Mine are simply suggestions, I'm sure Mike is open to that. I second the Hobby shop thing, if you race 20 hours a day, shop should be open 22 hours, 1 hour before and after racing. Either that or allowa hobby shop that will.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

unfortunatly Andres it seems to be the trend among current on road drivers to be a immature, rude, and childish as you can. I also want to bring something up. Have the factory touring teams ever heard of a trash can? after all teams pulled out of that room it was trashed. i think that what is most disturbing is that you team guys think it's normal and where are the so called team managers at? that wasn't the way the puit space was when you got it. Show some respect next year.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
No that would be about 90% of oval racers!! The very reason I quite racing oval...Everyone is a bunch of Jerks that think they are better than everyone!! Walk up to talk to someone and they cover their car up or lie to you about rollout....

EA
maybe they just don't like you EA. I have yet to have that happen. don't get me wrong there are some jerks on the oval side but it seems every year the onroad guys take the cake.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Team EAM

unfortunatly Andres it seems to be the trend among current on road drivers to be a immature, rude, and childish as you can. I also want to bring something up. Have the factory touring teams ever heard of a trash can? after all teams pulled out of that room it was trashed. i think that what is most disturbing is that you team guys think it's normal and where are the so called team managers at? that wasn't the way the puit space was when you got it. Show some respect next year.
You should also change that a little. I know of 8 maybe 9 "factory" teams on manufacture's row that were OVAL. Not all of them were On-road.

And for the record I picked up everything in and around my pit before I left Sunday night....Thats what the trash bags were on the table's for at the end of the event.

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Team EAM

maybe they just don't like you EA. I have yet to have that happen. don't get me wrong there are some jerks on the oval side but it seems every year the onroad guys take the cake.
LOL that is very possible....Most guys think I am an ass anyway......And its usually only when someone is in the A main or close to it that they do that....Espically when at the top of 19 turn or Mod.

I know of one Oval "Team" that wont help you much if you run in the same class as them because they are afraid you will beat them!! On-road guys are just the opposite. Associated, Losi, Xray, etc....Everyone on the team helps the other guys out to try and get the cars as good as they can to get them all into the A main....You can walk up to ANY on-road guy in the country and pick his car up and look at it....You try to walk up to some of the Top oval guys in the country and pick his car up and you'll draw back with a few less fingers!! Just a different breed I guess.

EA
Old 02-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Which hobby shop are you guys talking about? The one in by the track or in the hotel?

And I'm sure the oval pit area was just as messy, and there were quite a few oval guys in the front room too. Just because we can turn right doesn't mean that you have to hate us.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by polesitter61
I'm not blasting the event, not at all. It's by far the most professional and well run race program I have ever been a part of. I can't imagine the planning it take to pull off what they do evey year, not the mention calming a fire marshall hellbent on shutting down the race! Mine are simply suggestions, I'm sure Mike is open to that. I second the Hobby shop thing, if you race 20 hours a day, shop should be open 22 hours, 1 hour before and after racing. Either that or allowa hobby shop that will.
for the last 4 years the hobbyshop has been that way. the guys at superior are awesome but they need to be open 24 hours a day. as far as having someone else. there is knowone else Superior is the only hobbyshop in the state of florida that can pull off a event like this. maybe next year. they be open more
Old 02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What was the favored setup (Brushes/springs) for the Ultrabird 19t this year?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Timmy and EA I was there well after most had left. and let me say that the room where losi trinity xray and associated were pitted was trashed. no excuses. no matter what class you ran. and yes that room was worse than the trackside pitting. that's the thing that kills me EA your like cool let me pick up all my trash when others are like awe screw it not my problem. so in the end EA maybe you can be a leader in this group of follows and raise the bar.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
It was free to certain people who knew which tab to put it on at "Carmen's" birthday party.

Hoped they thanked him afterwards .
Oh I was at the Express Party..thanked him several times. Carmen on the other hand...wasn't very happy...even while dancing with a snake.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

got to love you guys. you think that your shit don't stink. no matter what you say your out of line and out of control. the whole bunch of you guys needs to grow up. most of the guys are late 20's early 30's and act like your 2. what you guys see as harmless fun in your little rock star minds. is rude and totally disrespectful.
Hey man the kettle is here, it wants it's color back.

Reading your stuff you sound like sour grapes.

And they aren't called "Pits" for nothing. I think after the race it was pretty clean, but it's an RC race, things get messy. But I don't think anybody was being dirty, you think your buddy Jeff Gordon cleans up the pits after he races? California speedway has people to do that.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

I'm sorry if I don't get off on heckling the lower mains, getting drunk and acting like an ass and being a slob in the pits. Thanks for proving the point even futher Derek. just because there pits doesn't mean that it's ok to trash them. guess I was just brought up different
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

I'm sorry if I don't get off on heckling the lower mains, getting drunk and acting like an ass and being a slob in the pits. Thanks for proving the point even futher Derek. just because there pits doesn't mean that it's ok to trash them. guess I was just brought up different
Have you ever been to a race? Cheering heckling is part of the fun. This isn't tennis. It's just as bad as people not wanting flashes during a race.

I didn't see people acting like "asses" maybe remember you're having fun and racing and things won't be so bad.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Your pit must be super clean, because you have half the work to do, turning only left.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.