Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=JPH Racing]Personally, I think it's disappointing when paid racers do not run their mains.

Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds.

This was our third birds. Between cold /no sleep/ no heat/people getting sick, I'd say showing up for the mains was at an all time high. I know several who left on Sat. They were sick. As far as the drinking goes if your over 21 then you can drink or not, that is your right. How about the two female tourists in the pool!!!!! They cause more of a stir then the racers did.

JPH there is an old rule it's called the fifty mile rule. What happens 50 miles from HOME never happened. I was there with my entire family and I didn't see anything that was offensive to me or my family.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JPH Racing
Personally, I think it's disappointing when paid racers do not run their mains. It shows a lack of respect to the other racers who may have worked hard to get where they got.

Speaking of lack of respect .....

Some of the on-road crowd were really acting like a bunch of drunken idiots at the Snowbirds. This is why some missed their lower main. There are still some professionals left, but it seems like the current trend is pretending you're a rock star or something?

I'd say that the sponsors should do something about it, but some of the team owners were just as bad. I hope things get cleaned up soon, it was really disappointing and a negative for our hobby/sport.

Jake

If I were a team owner or manager I would fire anybody that was acting like the people that I saw, especially if they were wearing team clothing while they were acting like the drunk (or whatever) idiots that I saw. Well known people should take their poor behavior away from the track if they are too stupid to not act like they were. Some of those guys don't have pupils to see out of by the end of the day.

As far as running lower mains,last year Billy Easton ran in a very low main due to some breakage in the heats and put on one of the best shows I have seen, he made fans for life with the people he raced and for those of us that watched, that is a true professional!

When Kinwald was at the Birds he was always the first guy in the pits, as were the Hudy's and Myrbergs the frist ones this year, more professionals. While the drunks barely made it in time to race or didn't make it at all.

Nuff said
Old 02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

All I can say is motor spray and a lighter is not something to play with.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hmmm! Lets get back to talking about racing. Not how there were drivers who were letting off some steam in the bar after a very greulling 5 days of hardly any sleep.

I like what Eddie O said about the B main and below.

Everyone is different, so stop comparing apples to oranges. Move on and stop hating!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This was my first Birds and it was great. I got about 16 hours of sleep in a week. But I will definatley be back next year. There were some really hard working people there and I think from what i saw this might be the hardest race to win becasue you can get a TON of practice if you want it.

I know some of those DNS's are people who broke on the first lap. I know T.J. started the 19turn main.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgen
All I can say is motor spray and a lighter is not something to play with.

Neither is Paragon, a lighter and my table.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well here is Andrew all ready for his 5 seconds of domination http://www.pdubracing.com/Snowbird_national%20023.jpg

The rest of the pics can be viewed here http://www.pdubracing.com/gallery.htm

Thanks to everyone that supported P-Dub Racing at the Birds...Way to go Paulie!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
Neither is Paragon, a lighter and my table.
Your right and I am sure those items were used on your tires and not pointed to a person.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Roberto: Nothing wrong with girls, drinking, having a good time, or being young. Except that these guys weren't young .... Racing for a whole week takes dedication and a solid game plan, I'm not sure where I see being falling down drunk 5 hours before your mains a good thing?

Everyone: I'm not knocking the guys who overslept, broke out in 5 seconds (that sucks!), couldn't get the car fixed, or whatever ... I'm knocking guys who think that because they are in the C, and it's not worth the effort, that it's ok to skip it. There are drivers who work their butt's off to make the C, and someone else is sending the message that it's not important enough to show up for. That's lame.

Brian: Well, if that's what all the major on-road races are like, I skip them. That's sad. Heading out to party away form the track is one thing (still stupid to be so drunk you get knocked out by a girl after flopping out you manhood in front of her), but being drunk around the pits, around the people who come watch the races, etc ... Is poor representation of the sponsorships you have.

xray: Well, if everyone was sleepy, why not hit the bed? Instead of the bottle?

tmunno: This year did have a lot of adversity for the drivers. Man, it was COLD! I think everyone did a good job showing up for their mains, I was commenting on the fact that when they don't bother it's not cool, could be at any race .... I'm glad your family was not around to see some of the stuff that went on. I agree that a 21 year has the right to drink, but where's the line? What about other people right to enjoy the race without a bunch of loudmouth drunks stumbling around? Usually drunk in public like that would end you up in jail. Bummer that I missed the two girls in the pool though!

Earl: Well said.

Bobby: Not hating, just pointing out the facts. If they can't handle the pressure of a 5 day race, then take up another hobby. Why would a Team try to pick up one of these guys and take them to the Worlds? I'd hate to see the steam they would have to let off then!

L.Fair: There are some really hard working people at this race, I agree. Over all it's been a great event, the 24 hours a day, combo of oval and road course, the long hours .... It's very unique and quite the challenge. I'd say 98% of the people who show up are there to race, enjoy themselves and represent very well.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

...still stupid to be so drunk you get knocked out by a girl after flopping out you manhood in front of her...
I didn't think Rob Stillwell was at this race???
Old 02-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As someone who's never been to the 'Birds, but watches the results as closely as possible to see how the WEST COAST racers are doing, I always find all the DNS's disturbing.

I think it sucks to see a "D" or "E" or other low main with only 3 or 4 cars.

Would there be someway to make the drivers commit to running their LOW main, or be removed and move everyone else UP and run Packed Mains?

That could give everyone a chance at a higher main, and possibly make MAIN DAY go quicker by running fewer mains.

Just a thought
Old 02-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian: Heading out to party away form the track is one thing (still stupid to be so drunk you get knocked out by a girl after flopping out you manhood in front of her),

Dang someone got knocked out by a girl?
Old 02-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=EddieO]A DNS means they did not race......for whatever reason. Sometimes guys will make the A in one and the B in another, so they just run the A to save the car......smart racing. Some like to run the B though to try stuff or extra track time.....just depends...

As a sponsor, I don't care one way or the other if my guys run the B or lower.....its up to them. Nobody remembers who won the B main anyways....

Boy, what a lame thing to say. I don't care if you are in the z mains, you take it on the chin like a man and show the other competiters and kids that came to watch you race that you're not a quitter or poor sport. You guys that are well known in the racing community should show a little more character than this statement. Of course, most of the racers were great people and showed a lot of poise. They were willing to help anyone that came up and asked. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Jake Rosen and his (Dago) buddy for helping me. They didn't have to...I know that they had a race to prepare for. Thanks again.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Like I said.....its up to the racer.....their a ton of reasons why they choose not to run them....you have no idea why some did not.....so why hate on them without even knowing the facts. All I know is its one less motor I gotta build....

And JPHracing, there was just as many drunken Oval idiots too......two way street there buddy.

Later EddieO
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Ahhh!...............and the tales grow taller on down the line.....................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.