R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #31
Company Representative

Just did some wheel measuring for offset and found out some interesting stuff that will explain why these Jaco tires are not fitting properly.

These offsets were measured on 3 different 28mm wheels that came from proline and TRC. What I did was put each tire down on a table with the wheel side on the table. Each tires hex depth was the same. I then took a Caliper and measured through the hole to the top of the hex on each tire. Here's what I got.

Proline grey warlock 14mm
TRC wire spoke 15mm
Proline velocity dish 12mm

So by using the explanation of off-set by RC Car Action mag the warlock has zero offset, the TRC has +1mm offset and the Velocity has -2mm offset. The reason the veloctiy rim isn't working is that it moves the rim in 2mm on the car creating the rubbing problems. TTYL.

Gary Fliegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 02:05 AM   #32
Tech Adept

The reason the warlock has different offset is that it is a very old rim and is what was the most common offset a few years back.
If you run the warlocks you're car will be too wide. The velocity rim has the correct offset for the current cars. I suspect the TRC may also be an old wheel.
Also don't TRC tyres come as 24 or 26mm ? I don't think they do a 28.
dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:16 AM   #33
Company Representative
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

LIke DW said,

It would seem that gary has old stock, I just checked with JACO and the wheel/tire combo on the Grey & Yellow Warlock wheel has been discontinued a few years ago. Like I said in a earlier post, those wheels offer a +2 offset for at the time the current cars, IE being the HPI(RS4), Tamiya, OLD OLD Yokomo, Express and others. around the same time that the TC3 came out, JACO re did its whole line to fit the new "wider" cars that needed a 0 offset wheel.

Jack ( owner of JACO) goes on to say, that the current wheel ( Velocity & axis) is made by Proline at this time, He has heard of the slight rubbing problem and is looking into a fix or a possible new wheel. What does work is to take a sharp exacto knife to the inside edge of the wheel, if you hold the blade at about a 45 degree angle you can scrape around the wheel and it will give enough clearance and stop the rubbing.

I will keep you posted.

Last edited by Korgae; 11-07-2002 at 09:31 AM.
Korgae is offline   Reply With Quote