Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Great pics....

keep them comming. I like to see how people wire their stuff up. I'm wondering where I'll mount my transponder. I like the idea of it on the bottom of the servo, but it could get damaged easily.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We sent out a couple more confirmation email today due to a few guys canceling their pre-orders. We are working down the remainder of the list as we foresee a few more cancellations tomorrow. However, unfortunately we are still going to be short on this first batch, but we are trying to work through them as fast as we can. Latest schedule from RC America is still looking to hopefully ship kits to dealers this week (which means hopefully we will be shipping kits to customers next week) this is all pending on the speed of US Customs

Steve Wang
Old 01-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone have a suggestion for 64P spurs to use? I'd forgotten about the 3-hole vs. 2-hole mounting thing for the spurs (this being my first XRAY) and all of my pinions are 64P.

The car is going together beautifully though - it took a little longer than expected to get the CA on the graphite to look nice and (mostly) smooth but it's pretty nice. I'm trying to build it up to the recommened rubber tire set-up but it looks like I'll need some extra spacers to get the right rear toe, etc.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank McKinney
it took a little longer than expected to get the CA on the graphite to look nice and (mostly) smooth
A q-tip and some Team Losi Tire CA works wonders. Don't ask why, but the losi glue comes out looking nicer then others. Saturate a q-tip with CA, dab it on a paper towel to take off the excess. Then *lightly* paint the edges of the CF. Comes out looking like factory did it.

For spurs, go with any of the major companies. Kimbrough, Robinson, Precision Racing, etc. Whichever you have access to, I've used them all.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have a suggestion for 64P spurs to use? I'd forgotten about the 3-hole vs. 2-hole mounting thing for the spurs (this being my first XRAY) and all of my pinions are 64P.

The car is going together beautifully though - it took a little longer than expected to get the CA on the graphite to look nice and (mostly) smooth but it's pretty nice. I'm trying to build it up to the recommened rubber tire set-up but it looks like I'll need some extra spacers to get the right rear toe, etc.
Stop building the bloody car Frank and get it out to us UK customers!!!!! The car is now out all over Europe and you are sitting on the car!!!! SORT IT OUT!!!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Anthony, I'll give that a shot.

Sam - this is not a kit from stock, it's a display kit XRAY sent over for use at upcoming trade shows. Most of our team drivers don't even have their kits yet.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm Why's that then?

I understand it's been the holidays etc but come on Xray worked there asses off to get the car over here to us so we could have it ASAP and now it's being sat on!!!

I'm only one person in a very long cue of people wanting the T2 in the UK but I already know of people expecting the car by the end of the week from Germany and Australia so come on guys let see this new beauty from Xray (before I go mad and start rocking in the corner of the room )
Old 01-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

I'm with Sam, the manufacturer has pulled out all the stops to get production releases to the distributors and Mirage appears to be the only distributor with stock they aren't sending to LHS's...
Old 01-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Why are we waiting... ?

Come on Mirage... AVA WORD!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:55 AM
TDO
Tech Apprentice

Ooooooooooohhhhh it just looks fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnne. Just about to finish building
Old 01-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Here's another dumb question, before I go mounting my bodies on my FK05, are the body post locations still the same or have they moved....I don't want to go piercing bodies making them look like swiss cheese in the end. Hopefully some of you blessed few that have their kits inhand can answer this one.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

unfortunatly since they are using basically a pro4 bumper the front is closer together

wonder why they would of done this
Old 01-05-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is it important to put CA on the graphite or is this just a preference?
Old 01-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

I'd recommend a PRS 116t spur.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chach
Here's another dumb question, before I go mounting my bodies on my FK05, are the body post locations still the same or have they moved....I don't want to go piercing bodies making them look like swiss cheese in the end. Hopefully some of you blessed few that have their kits inhand can answer this one.
The rear posts have the same width, but are more forward on the T2. You could switch the posts to the rear of the shock tower to compensate. However, the front posts are a good bit more rearward and inside on the T2. I like swiss cheese on me samiches though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.