Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Welcome to the darkside my young apprentice.

Glad to see you trying something new DW. I have a T2 coming aswell.

Guy what did you think of the T2? Thanks for the help with the set last week. I changed the springs back around and it feels descent at the moment. I won't be able to make it out to race for 2 more week ends. If you go to practice, give me a call this week, you too DW.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Steve W,
I sent you a message in the reply to the T2 confirmation, get back to me if you didn't receive the email. Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You will need harder springs if you run on carpet foam.
The xray shocks will do the job... the serpent ones are for those who can't find anything else to spend their money on (like me)
Old 01-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

The only problem i had with the Xray shock is it leaks after one run so maintainance is high, i don't know about you but i rather be work on getting my setup right than working on shock every run.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Glad to see you trying something new DW. I have a T2 coming as well. If you go to practice, give me a call this week, you too DW.

It is still up in the air if the track is open during the week due to inventory. I just found out that we are having a points race this weekend. If i do any practice it will be Friday... if i have to run the TC4 then i will need to make some more changes to it and see if i can get it to run... so guess i will have to start the points with the AE car. Thanks again for all the input on shocks guys. Its nice to be able to ask questions and get answers. Its usually the other way around for me. Alot of guys i seen with the FK were running purples or violet (?) springs for the rug... where can i find setup sheets for comparison?

- DaveW
Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
Welcome to the darkside my young apprentice.

Glad to see you trying something new DW. I have a T2 coming aswell.

Guy what did you think of the T2? Thanks for the help with the set last week. I changed the springs back around and it feels descent at the moment. I won't be able to make it out to race for 2 more week ends. If you go to practice, give me a call this week, you too DW.
Would "stupendous" be a little too much to describe a car? It was quite literally a dream to drive. I've posted a more detailed first impression on the XRAY forum T2 thread.

We're waiting for KT to get back to us on whether the track will be open for practice while they do inventory this week. As soon as I get an ok, I'm there.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
I'm seeing a lot of posts about add-ons. This is my first Xray. What extras will I need? So far, I've seen: battery brace, Xray shock oil, perhaps different shocks (?). What other things will I want?
You'll definitely need purple/violet springs (fr/rr) and a good starting setup for foams, which should be posted on the forum soon. Other than that, you shouldn't need anything else to be fast right out of the box.

My only add-ons from the standard kit had to do with my non-standard one-way setup that I prefer. This included a multi-diff, purple & light red springs, and XRAY 35wt shock oil. Thats it. I even used the bearings and rear diff right out of the box without any cleaning/re-lubing.

It truly was a dream to build, dial-in and drive.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

gp good to hear your ok and alive. Great to hear that the T2 is so good I have one ordered . I got a tamiya to practice for the reedy race and I like the car so not sure if im going to get the T2. What do you think makes the T2 better than the 05???
Old 01-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

BTW, I just completed the following setup changes in about 25 minutes:

* Widened the front and rear track widths
* Added more front in-board toe-out
* Shortened the wheelbase
* Changed the spur gear
* Changed the rear shock angles and # of piston holes open

I could have changed the lower arm roll center/dive/squat positions at the same time without adding more time if I had needed to.

And no de-tweaking of the chassis was required, seeing as the middle brace and bulkheads did not need to be loosened at all.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by King of B Main
gp good to hear your ok and alive. Great to hear that the T2 is so good I have one ordered . I got a tamiya to practice for the reedy race and I like the car so not sure if im going to get the T2. What do you think makes the T2 better than the 05???
For performance, I'm pretty sure it has the lowest CG of any current TC. The other two major factors are the mass centralization of the weight towards the centerline, and much less unsprung weight on the arms.

For maintenance, you can't beat it with a stick. You can change just about anything without having to remove the bulkheads or top deck and subsequently need to de-tweak the car.

For adjustability, the *notched* upper shock positions have much finer adjustments and the addition of another set of outer lower mounting positions on the front arms is nice. With the suspension holder screws being accessible from the outside and the geometry allowing shims to effectively change the track width and/or in-board toe, you have more tuning options available between rounds on race day as well.

There's a lot more, but these stand out to me.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamgp
For performance, I'm pretty sure it has the lowest CG of any current TC. The other two major factors are the mass centralization of the weight towards the centerline, and much less unsprung weight on the arms.

For maintenance, you can't beat it with a stick. You can change just about anything without having to remove the bulkheads or top deck and subsequently need to de-tweak the car.

For adjustability, the *notched* upper shock positions have much finer adjustments and the addition of another set of outer lower mounting positions on the front arms is nice. With the suspension holder screws being accessible from the outside and the geometry allowing shims to effectively change the track width and/or in-board toe, you have more tuning options available between rounds on race day as well.

There's a lot more, but these stand out to me.
I really liked the cam style camber link adjustments. The car was definitely well thought out. Looks like the new c-hubs may be a little more brittle though. I guess thats the price you pay for lower rotating weight.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Gp do you have any good starting info for us rubber on asphalt guys? Is the car not suited for aspahlt? Please elaborate? Why is there a need to de-tweak the car when XRay boasts that de-tweaking would not be needed? Please advise as I dont want to spend $400 on a car that may not perform as the car I currently have.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

He said that you can make most any change without needing to do remove and replace sturtural parts that could introduce tweak to the car...

The car was designed to have adjustable flex to be able to handle the spektrum from rubber on asphalt to foam on carpet...

For the record though....the design of this car is to be tweak resistant...there is NO SUCH THING as a tweak proof car...and I don't recall that being claimed...

metal and steel parts can still be bent introducing a tweak into any structure...so it is something that should be checked on occasion...just like ensuring that suspension components, kingpings, etc haven't been bent and still move freely..
Old 01-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

I'm sorry Chris but it does say that. Quoted directley from XRay site in anti-tweak.

"The smart innovative design of the chassis, connected via aluminum stands keyed to the top deck, prevents the chassis from being tweaked during a crash, GUARANTEEING the chassis remains teak free all the time."

So I assume that XRay has developed a tweak free car. Which again leads to my question on why you would need to remove tweak? Or perhaps better yet it answers the question as to why you have not had to de-tweak your car.

My concern here is that it clearly states via aluminum stands. SO does this mean that guys who run aspahlt and go with the medium/soft chassis setting (which according to Xray site requires no aluminum stands) are going to be susceptible to chassis tweak?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Missed that in the info...

I suspect that to be a point of language and translation...

They've designed the car to require a mimimum amount of changes/adjustment on components that could introduce tweak, and they hold their machining tolerances and design tolerances tight enough...

But parts CAN be bent in a severe collision...which would introduce tweak..that is an extreme case...but still...the language mayneed to be changed on that statement..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.