Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dane
Rumor has it that it will be paved and eventually a carpet track as well - check out www.atlantarcraceway.com

There is already a scheduled race for the 1st of October in the Electric series that has been running.

Thanks for the advice - any idea how much the T1R will be selling for?
Hey Dane, you have a PM.
Are you going to come visit any of our series races? Next race is on the 17th at the sugarbowl.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Since there's a new car coming out, can we rename this thread to "Old XRAY T2?" Thanks.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ae4ever
no pics alowed, but it has lowered bulk heads, new chassis and upper deck. and is going to be sold as a carpet car
any release date idea?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Since there's a new car coming out, can we rename this thread to "Old XRAY T2?" Thanks.
Or make a new one named Xray T2 Evo2 or Xray T2FK or Xray T207
Old 09-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canto54
any release date idea?
Wow, nothing has been announced yet and already you want release dates and threads to be renamed???

As allways XRay is testing many different parts as well as prototypes of potential new cars. At the moment XRay has not announced a new car (other than the T2R) let alone a release date for such a new car. Having said that, it does not mean a new car may not be in the works...

Just keep an eye out on the teamxray website for any announcements regarding new (option) parts and cars. You will as ever get the official word there first.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Hey I dont even have a T2 yet.................

Currently waiting on my Team Tamale fan mount. The motor fades hard after 5 minutes. Looking forward to hooking up the two novak fans later this afternoon. Damn all of a sudden I feel like a taco.

Don
Old 09-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

You might wanna wait for the T3. Should be here in a few years time . But then I hear the T3FK might be better still
Old 09-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony
Wow, nothing has been announced yet and already you want release dates and threads to be renamed???

As always XRay is testing many different parts as well as prototypes of potential new cars. At the moment XRay has not announced a new car (other than the T2R) let alone a release date for such a new car. Having said that, it does not mean a new car may not be in the works...

Just keep an eye out on the teamxray website for any announcements regarding new (option) parts and cars. You will as ever get the official word there first.
I think that since Xray is actually testing new stuff especially for carpet season being upon us. So my thoughts are that Xray, Like Corally will be putting out upgrade parts for specifically for other applications.
Like a 3.9mm chassis, 2.9mm upper deck, Lower roll center, super stiff spring kits...Corally did this as Carpet racing is it own niche and needs a stiffer design.

Just cause Xray has some R&D going on to test some parts to make the T2 a faster, more agile car I am all for it. I think the people are upset cause the T2 came out right after the FK05 was released and have felt taken advantage of. But from everyone that I have talked to the T2 is a much better car. Not to say the Fk05 is a bad car.
Can we at least relax a bit till X ray releases information..
Heck they are just now releasing other hop ups.
Just my .02 take it or leave it..
-Shookie <><
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

I'm sure "prototype" parts and cars are always being tested for continuous improvements. But, the "updated cars" seen at the race tracks now look way too production ready to be just "prototypes". They look heavily carpet ready! Hopefully, they won't be introduced 3/4 of the way through the carpet season. i.e. February/March.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking New new new

Hey Tony een T4FK08 klinkt me als muziek in de oren.

Don
Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oracle
Hi Big_boss,

Sorry about the brief information before. I'm running on a medium sized high bite technical asphalt track. The track is made out of a long straight about 40 feet long, a sweeper and into the in fields.

I'm using stock setup with front one way, ball diff at the back with the diff adjusted to medium tension. Cambers are at -2 degrees front and back. Rear toe-in 3 degrees and front stays at 0. I'm using Tamiya Super Stock RZ at 6.49 gear ratios. I'm using Dodge Stratus 3.0 bodyshell now and will change to a Mazda 6 when it's done.

Somebody told me that i need to purchase Xray springs set along with anti-roll bars. Also heard that those options are unnecessary at stock level. I'm really confused. Kindly advice.

Thanks.
Hi again Oracle
1.Hi byte track = less rear toe in. you can reduce the toe in alot(do a test: reduce it to 2 deg and go for a few laps, then to 1 deg. ect....)
2.reduce the camber all round to 1 deg (but it would be better if you start at zero deg and add a little at a time, this will help you wile you are testing the reduction in rear toe in (I mean if you start at zero camber at all wheels).
3.One way? as far as I know this works very well on long tracks with open sweepers not on tight technical tracks, where you use a lot of brakes & the speed of the car in the corners if relatively slow, I'm not saying it's wrong or anything like that, It's just personal preference I suppose (meaning I don't like em). The braking takes too long when you can only stop the rear wheels.
I myself use a diff in front in my T2,as we have a low traction track.
4. Spawn is the guy who said you need the springs & anti roll bars & he knows a thing or 2 (judging by his posts).he's a good guy.
but in my opinion it is un nessesary to get a set of xray springs as they are too expensive. If you want to test the car further & sort it out I would suggest you get hold of a set of HPI pro 4 spring set. That's what I did and it works beutifully, I'm most pleased with the results (and it costs a fraction of the price of the xray set,of course yo only get 2 of each rating, but it's enough). as far as the anti roll bars go, I don't use them (I'm not willing to pay as much as they are asking), but you may want to consider buying them for the hi byte track you are running on. another thing you might wan to think about is if you go to a harder spring in the front (after the above changes (toe in & camber) are made, you may find that the chassis won't scrape the ground.
my 2 cents worth.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Only if we can change the RDX Thread to "Old RDX"

EA
Old 09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

or the buy our car and dump another 400 bucks in updates corally thread.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
or the buy our car and dump another 400 bucks in updates corally thread.
LOL

EA
Old 09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I won't argue about prototype/new parts or a new car but based on what I've seen it has much more changes on it than for example the T1 Evo 2 cars had compared to the original T1.

Dogenia: the "T4FK08" sounds nothing like music in my ears but another update of the T2 in 2008 would be no surprise. That all based on history how the company works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.