Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Alex C
You are so correct Rick........Jason from BMI Really know's how to make a quality chassis!!

His work is impeccable!!

Best Regards,

Alex

Question....

How come the top deck is counter sunk? I thought the floating idea was better. Or is that the issue with tweaking?
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

I found that racing the T2 on a medium to high traction track the adjustable top deck and chassis was great! The car had just a little to much grip with the high flex. Added some screws and the grip was reduced. Very trick chassis!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mongo
Question....

How come the top deck is counter sunk? I thought the floating idea was better. Or is that the issue with tweaking?
Mongo,

During a hard hit or say a slight tap on the board sideways......with the Multiflex Chassis you had a tendency to tweak the car!!

Now with the counter sunk top deck's, and front/rear shock towers you have a less degree of tweaking the car.
Also one key thing to remember is the BMI Chassis compared to the Xray chassis is the type of carbon fiber that is used on both chassis.

I know Bmi's carbon fiber Chassis is made of alternating fiber layers that are layered in a 0 deg to a 90 deg, and to a 45 deg weave.....which makes the chassis very rigid and less prone to tweaking the car.

Feel free to pm if you have any other questions........also feel free to visit BMI's website @ www.bmiracing.com !!

Best Regards,

Alex
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Mongo,

During a hard hit or say a slight tap on the board sideways......with the Multiflex Chassis you had a tendency to tweak the car!!

Now with the counter sunk top deck's, and front/rear shock towers you have a less degree of tweaking the car.
Also one key thing to remember is the BMI Chassis compared to the Xray chassis is the type of carbon fiber that is used on both chassis.

I know Bmi's carbon fiber Chassis is made of alternating fiber layers that are layered in a 0 deg to a 90 deg, and to a 45 deg weave.....which makes the chassis very rigid and less prone to tweaking the car.

Feel free to pm if you have any other questions........also feel free to visit BMI's website @ www.bmiracing.com !!

Best Regards,

Alex
So basically as a sponsored driver you are saying the stock T2 chassis basically tweaks pretty easy

"• XRAY Anti-Tweak Smart Design - chassis and top deck are designed to prevent the car from becoming tweaked during a crash" from teamxray.com
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Read his list o sponsors...*BMI*
Old 06-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WhoMe
Feel free to give the BMI chassis a try.......than make your own opinion!!

Originally Posted by Nexus
So basically as a sponsored driver you are saying the stock T2 chassis basically tweaks pretty easy

"• XRAY Anti-Tweak Smart Design - chassis and top deck are designed to prevent the car from becoming tweaked during a crash" from teamxray.com
Nexus,

Thanks for the BIG WOODEN SPOON ........it is just my humble opinion that while running the stock xray chassis on asphalt rubber tire may be the better of the two, although while running on a foam carpet track the BMI Carpet Version Chassis is far much better of a chassis in the matter of tweak!!

Best Regards Anthony,

Alex
Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhoMe
BMI doesn't sponsor me (I am trying to get some free stickers though) I will agree that the quality of the carpet chassis kit is awesome. The car was more reactive on the track and I have never had to reset the tweak.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Feel free to give the BMI chassis a try.......than make your own opinion!!

Nexus,

Thanks for the BIG WOODEN SPOON ........it is just my humble opinion that while running the stock xray chassis on asphalt rubber tire may be the better of the two, although while running on a foam carpet track the BMI Carpet Version Chassis is far much better of a chassis in the matter of tweak!!

Best Regards Anthony,

Alex
Just bustin your chops Alex :P

Plus I still have a Big wooden fork left....all fili's have a big wooden spoon and fork in their kitchens.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Uhhhh.... what tweak?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody know if the T2 kit standard outdrives can be purchased by themselves? All that I've seen are the ones for the one-way and multi diffs. I really don't want to purcahse an additional complete diff everytime that I bend/break an outdrive.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Does anybody know if the T2 kit standard outdrives can be purchased by themselves? All that I've seen are the ones for the one-way and multi diffs. I really don't want to purcahse an additional complete diff everytime that I bend/break an outdrive.
My gawd, how hard are you hitting the boards? I've never broke a Xray steel diff. I see the guys with alum outdrives do it all the time.

Any ways, this was the closest I found.

305010 Alu Diff Long Output Shaft Hard Coated
305020 Alu Diff Short Output Shaft Hard Coated

No idea if they are still available.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
My gawd, how hard are you hitting the boards? I've never broke a Xray steel diff. I see the guys with alum outdrives do it all the time.

Any ways, this was the closest I found.

305010 Alu Diff Long Output Shaft Hard Coated
305020 Alu Diff Short Output Shaft Hard Coated

No idea if they are still available.
Actually, I broke a plastic steering block and the CVD bent the stock outdrive in the carnage that followed. I bent it back in place, but was wanted to get another one for the spare parts box in case it broke and there wasn't one readily available.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

not to start any conflict but a few of the xray drivers have changed to my chassis kit for the added rigidty,performance,and because it doesnt tweak.

i see what xray was doing and commend them for doing something different but it does tweak pretty easy.it is also difficult to put together and have everything be straight.i know alot of people are going to disagree but if you go to extremes like myself with assembly and inspection,you will see this also.it is an excelent car and does run great with the stock chassis on it.i just tried to cure a few of the problems that i found and added some features that have seemed to help performance.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Don't worry Jason, when you are on top like Xray you automatically become the target of everyone else. Like Biggie said "Mo money, Mo problems".
Old 06-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
not to start any conflict but a few of the xray drivers have changed to my chassis kit for the added rigidty,performance,and because it doesnt tweak.

i see what xray was doing and commend them for doing something different but it does tweak pretty easy.it is also difficult to put together and have everything be straight.i know alot of people are going to disagree but if you go to extremes like myself with assembly and inspection,you will see this also.it is an excelent car and does run great with the stock chassis on it.i just tried to cure a few of the problems that i found and added some features that have seemed to help performance.
Well said Jason!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.