Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

"Not to mention that this tweaked, fragile, difficult and expensive to repair car has TQ'd and won the last 3 major races in the US."

Ok, so you are trying to tell us that Lemieux and Dumas were running a multiflex lower chassis and a multiflex top deck at Snowbirds????

I never said this car was a POS, you did.

I said the attitude of a lot of people and the practices of the company annoy me, thats all.

I suggest you put your toys back in the pram.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
This is one of the first cars I think I have ever liked. Now, if Xray would only redesign the shocks like the Losi XXX-S ones with clickers. It would be perfect in every aspect. Then just repackage parts. Then walla...perfect!

They are clickers.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Think hard buddy...how many other manufacturers have multiple chassis thicknesses and layouts for the various track types and conditions...
Xray marketed the car as one chassis for all conditions. People bought them expecting not to need 2 or 3 different chassis' for different situations. As far as testing new things, I would hope that they are always testing new products, better chassis designs, ie.. stiffer, softer, wider, narrower, longer, shorter, whatever. Each new car should be a test bed for the next. My $.02
Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Superfly1967
I just came back from a smaller local race that Mike Blackstock attended and raced at. He runs the multi flex and even totally went thru my car between qualifiers. I had a little tweak that he had fixed in under 10 seconds. I ran the car for the first time in pro modified and it took some hard hits but performed flawlessly. I am totally satisified with this car. First time I have run pro mod, and ran 4 qualifiers and the A main, and the only thing I broke was my Airtronics 358 servo ears on one side. The car is a dream, but I still ran my Corally RDX in pro stock as I am so use to it as that is all I had ran till this last weekend.
Hey Superfly, what did Mike do to correct this?? I have recently gone to the washers under the screws and found this to be an improvement, and have had little to no tweak issues. But if there is something that one of the Pros showed you and you are willing to share, Iam willing to listen
Old 03-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default gearing?

Hello all just put 64 pitch gears on my t2 just wondering what is a good starting point for spur and pinion. I have a 116 spur and was wondering if that was ok or if i should go smaller or higher i will be running stock and mod. The track is 45x36 thanks
Old 03-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

miami-

116 is just fine. For a monster stock I would start with a 27 pinion with 58+ tires and go up from there depending on your track times. Couldn't tell you for mod.

Thought the rest of you might appreciate some pics my buddy took of his car after I installed his new GTB in his T2. Gotta love those small corally style motor connectors.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Xray marketed the car as one chassis for all conditions. People bought them expecting not to need 2 or 3 different chassis' for different situations. As far as testing new things, I would hope that they are always testing new products, better chassis designs, ie.. stiffer, softer, wider, narrower, longer, shorter, whatever. Each new car should be a test bed for the next. My $.02
so i guess that makes the question "where they 'testing' a new chassis, or did they 'need' that chassis in order to be competitive".

considering its the snowbirds (foams on high grip carpet), more than likely they needed a super stiff chassis, stiffer than the multi-flex.

seems to me that multiflex should be called 'rubberflex' or something like that. since if you're running rubber tires you can probably use the stock chassis for all diff situations (low grip parking lot, prepped permanent asphalt, carpet).
Old 03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
miami-

116 is just fine. For a monster stock I would start with a 27 pinion with 58+ tires and go up from there depending on your track times. Couldn't tell you for mod.

Thought the rest of you might appreciate some pics my buddy took of his car after I installed his new GTB in his T2. Gotta love those small corally style motor connectors.
great pics. I'm about to install a GTB/5.5 in my T2 and will be switching between the 5.5 and stock brushed motors.

where do you get those mini-corally sockets? I guess they replace the brushhood screws? super special. I spose the other way is to solder corally tubes onto the tabs of the motor... definately interested. thumbs up mate!
Old 03-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

miami-

Andrew, no flame, but, how come the GTB for stock? It just seems to me that the weight of long wires, high cap and reciever would compromise handling. Though it's one of the cleanest layouts I've seen for a brushless system. Maybe the connectors can be inboard more. More mid wire so that it doesn't snag rug, dishes or boards.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default .

Last edited by RCknight; 03-15-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default .

deleted.

Last edited by RCknight; 03-15-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Andrew, no flame, but, how come the GTB for stock? It just seems to me that the weight of long wires, high cap and reciever would compromise handling. Though it's one of the cleanest layouts I've seen for a brushless system. Maybe the connectors can be inboard more. More mid wire so that it doesn't snag rug, dishes or boards.

The stock brushed is a temporary deal. My "mate" plans on running a 4300 brushless as our track allows them in stock racing. I agree about moving the connectors inboard. I also plan it rewire the pos motor connector so it comes in perpendicular rather than parallel. I bought the connectors at my LHS. I am sure they could get you some .the link is in my sig. POke around and I am sure you will find the ph #.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

miami-

Andrew, do those motor females screw on to the end bell? Or do you have them soldered in? Very clean man.

I have the GTB with a 4300 right now. I am looking to run stock with it also.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Andrew,
I sent you a pm on our other forum. Didnt want you to practice with the wrong info.
Chris
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

rcknight,

The Xray shocks are CLICKERS. The losi Jrxs shocks are a copy of tamiya shocks. You can build the shocks as clickers or adjustable or the fixed piston style, just look in your manual.

As far as the battery brace....make sure the nob to tighten it up is up front. I have not seen any binding...Look at some pics of others, you may have to flip the brace,consult your manual for correct placement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.