Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rody
I agree. I've just about had it with this car. It is very quick, although XRAY/Hudy quality has not made it through to this car. My driveshafts are F%$#*&, the car tweaks, mine came with a faulty diff, the rear hub issue, the bearing on my layshaft collapsed, and the list goes on!!! I raced it at a fairly large meet yesterday and lucky there was like an hour + between races. Never worked so much on a car before. The only reason in persisting is because of sheer speed!!

the car is great. your diff wasn't buggered man, you ran it in wrong, and tightened it down too far, too quickly. mine is smooth as.

the tweak issue is a problem all the non countersunk topdeck cars have. either countersink it or use washers on the top deck like mine. all xray cars have had a rear toe issue like safer said, it is an old problem, not new, i don't know why people figured it out now my fk04 was 1 degree off!!

the car is quick and stronger than a cycrone or a tamiya 415msx, and according to some, also easier to setup compared to a 415msx.

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 03-13-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"the tweak issue is a problem all the non countersunk topdeck cars have."

errrrr wrong. I've hit some hard stuff with my stock chassis and its perfectly fine. The only thing that has happened to my car is the rear left hub ball stud spots become one big one after touching the inside of the sweeper a couple times and sliding hard into the outside wall. Nothing a set screw in one of them couldnt fix.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

I must say I follow this forum from day 1 that the rumours started to spread about the FK'06 later T2
It's a pitty that the forum is dominated by negative vibes about fairly normal or non-existing or one-off issues.

TOE-IN
I got 2x a series 1 T2 and yes both have a toe-in tolerance, but not stopping me from setting good times. And as stated the T1 FOC, FK'04 and the FK'05 have this tolerance too. The tolerance causing the toe-in difference is located in the holes in the upright holding the lower pivot. During assembly most people (me2) make those holes a little bigger to loosing the movement of the upright. But even if you don't do that, the play in all pivots, production tolerances of the parts and accuracy of the setup system will lead to toe-in differences.

The last run with the T2 I used the new ALU uprights from xray and yes the play / toe-in diff was less left to right. But that is very logic because ALU is allways more precise to manufacture than composite.

TWEAK
I ran last year the EVO2 / FK'04 and FK'05 and I can say they all had tweak, caused by rough contact or even by running a few times over curbstones in full speed. That's why I always recheck my car's setup ..... if I have the time

BREAKING PARTS
We all want a very direct reacting good steering car. To get that we want the materials to be as hard as possible. So ALU is 'better' than 'composite'. But ALU is more expensive and it can bend giving irreversable changes to the setup. So we want HARD unbreakable COMPOSITE and we want the CHEAPEST part to break in case of a crash. And that's exactly how the T2 is designed. Xray uses HARD composite material and in case of a crash the upright / arm / caster block break. Great! I hope it's not a discussion that I (we?) prefer that over a broken bulkhead. And yes if the crash is harder or under a specific angle you will break a shock tower.

I ran the T2 outdoor two times over the last weeks in cold conditions (-6 degrees C / 21 degrees F) and had some smaller crashes and had no tweak, breakage or any other real issue. The only issue was me making mistakes and learning to drive.

If you have a real issue with a Xray products mail to [email protected] (I did a few times and had very quick answers).

I'm going to have season full of fun with my T2 and I hope more and more people start driving the car and share their findings here.

My opinion is clear: The T2 is a good positive next step in the evolution started with the T1 a few years ago. I hope this evolutions will go on!

Greetings,

Joep
Old 03-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I need driveshafts! again does anybody know where they can be located?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
thanks buddy.right now i just have gloss black(standard carbon fiber) in stock.i will be making them in satin finish also.i ran off the last of my titanium carbon with the first run of kits.i am probably gonna stick with the 2 styles of black for this kit. i want to try to keep it simple for manufacturing them and also keeping inventory.when i offer a bunch of colors i have to carry that much more inventory without knowing what will be the most popular.so far the gloss and satin seem to be the favorites.

Jason do you have a pic of the colors? I am really looking into getting a kit from you. I am just unsure the type.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Holy smoke, and y'all thought I was negative

One comment.

BREAKING PARTS

So we want HARD unbreakable COMPOSITE and we want the CHEAPEST part to break in case of a crash. And that's exactly how the T2 is designed. Xray uses HARD composite material and in case of a crash the upright / arm / caster block break.

I dont think anyone would have a problem with this, but at the front ,the c hub is so weak that if you break the knuckle, the C hub goes too. In addition, you usually lose a bushing. So thats $6 (C hub) + $6(knuckle) + $12 (bushings set).....that to me, is not a cheap wreck.

I think a lot of people are missing the underlying point here. Product and brand loyalty is a VERY DELICATE balance. Companies spend millions on marketing products to appeal to the "base wants" of a target group.

To lose brand preference is extremely hard to gain back, expecially when there are other equally valid options.

I am sure Xray may be surprised to hear this, but complaining about customers negatvity and repeating the same excuses is losing you customers.

So what exactly has xray done so far to make existing customers happy?

1. The "hub" issue.
There was a manufacturing problem. Everyone who spent $400 on our luxury kit should go spend ANOTHER $12 on 2 hubs.

2. The Tweak Issue
There IS NO ISSUE PEOPLE. I know all you club racers are having problems, but the Xray team has no problems whatsoever. Oh, but by the way, we run new designed chassis and top decks that have clever little pieces of graphite left in the multiflex so it "appears" to be the same.

3. Parts Issue
You have to understand we just moved to a new factory/international demand is high/we rushed the product out becasuse of leaked products, the only person I have seen address this in the correct manner was Butter. Step up, say you screwed up, you are doing your best and you sincerely appologize for the problem getitng parts. Keep repeating this until the parts are on the shelves, and when they sell out, the answer to when the next batch arrives is NOT "In a few weeks maybe, but we dont know what we are actually receiving in the next order"

4. Any other complaints.
You are wrong, you dont know how to build you car, stop complaining.

I spoke with a friend of mine that works in the marketing business unit for a large coporation. We discussed product launch, early sales, and the importance of customer retention.

He is thinking of using this as an example of how to lose your customer base by doing just about everything wrong.

The people who are on here complaining are the vocal ones. You always have to think, for every one person who is bitching on a forum, there are 5 others moaning to each other at the track.

Now go ahead and tell me to stop being too negative.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Very good points. I have been on the fence really bad the past month or so. I have a Raycer and a FK04. I have been thinking about buying a T2 but have heard som many bad things about it that I decided I would go for an FK05. I have been shopping the used ranks for a bit and saving some money while really trying to decide if I want to stay with XRay or not. All I have heard is how they will still support the old cars and so far it hasnt been an issue for me since I have a ton of spares. Enough to essentially build a 3rd car. The only thing is I look at parts support for the 04 and 05 models and every stays out of stock constantly. On the offical forums they have been saying for over a year and a half they were going to add the 04 model to the online setup sheets. Instead now they tell you to look at mytsn or whatever that site was that essentially was stopped being updated 3 years ago.

My LHS does not stock Xray and I love the car but have only heard bad reports from the 2 guys at the track that have T2s. The parts support and the growing attitude of there is nothing wrong on our end is starting to really sway me away. Britracer really sums it up for me. I am thinking I am just going to drive the 04 until I completely run out of spares and then will decide on sell out of the bulkheads/springs/ etc and try and find something else to drive. Its a shame because I love the previous cars but scared to take the chance for the future at the moment. Money doesnt grow on trees for us in the "lucrative" education business lol.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

I would just go ahead and get the T2. Out of the couple people on here pi$$ing and moaning there's thousands of happy customers with their new cars winning races. I got one of the first batch cars and my rear toe is .25 off...Whoa . No tweak issues and haven't heard of any locally.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Changed almost nothing on my car, took it to 7th in the A at a very competitive indoor rubber meeting car was very easy to drive hard and didnt tweak anywhere near the same as my 05 did when using the stands. Two meetings and ive not broken anything yet...
Old 03-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nothing has broken, no tweak issues, and the toe problem hasn't been one. This car is getting better for me every time I look at it. Need parts like everyone else but hopefully that will be fixed soon. My opinion is that this car is so consistent and fast and I have only begun to find out the potential in it. I love the way it responds to changes and how it carries speed. When the parts issue disappears maybe some of the negative feelings will too.

Rod
Old 03-13-2006, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

two race weekends with my T2 so far. one first and one second finish. no broken parts yet, just my wallet from buying the car and a new esc
Old 03-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default ????

I'll just state the facts of my own observation

1.in stock form my T2 tweaked like crazy, installed CRC top plate problem solved.
2. Everytime I broke the steering knuckle the castor went along for the ride
3. Part support is enough to keep you going but if you want try the online set-up well I guess I'm "S.O.L.", i.e. sway bars 2,6 degrees hubs.

I think that the T2 is a fine car but if happen again for the 07 model x-ray will lose a lot of customers.

Good car but marketing sucks major ass when you lie to the public but muti-flex that can run on all surfaces without buying any other chassis
Old 03-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BritRacer
Holy smoke, and y'all thought I was negative .....
I can't imagine that my post is perceived as negative. And if that is the case it's caused by typing in an other than my native language
Old 03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

... 9 more months until the T3
Old 03-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy C
... 9 more months until the T3
maybe they have a list of cross reference for parts that will go over from T2 to the T3. i want to see it so i'll only buy parts that will go over to T3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.