NEW XRAY T2

Old 02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

they are extremely close to the stock ones.the only thing that is different is that i ade them so your ride height stays the same after changing the shock location.i feel this makes it a little easier to make changes and encourages you to make the changes when you are short on time at the track.the positions are very very close to stock.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ptjonesus
are all the holes in same spot
The outter 3 holes are in the exact same location...or close enough that you cant visibly see it when overlaying them. The inner holes are a little different but not many guys ever run those anyway and like jason said it is just changed so your ride height does not change when moving locations.

EA
Old 02-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

when will the top deck be available?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Alright guys, I had Bobby Flag? The Xray Driver that works at Larrys help me setup my Droop today. He wasn't using a droop gauge though. One screw is farther out on each end of the car than the one next to it. Although both wheels do pick up at the same time. Shouldnt they both be equal or semi-equal in length there screwed out though?

Also, my Ride Height is high at 5.5mm all around, I would like it to be 4.5-5. Would changing that affect my droop at all?

Larrys is out of Droop gauges right now and I misplaced mine awhile ago so I didn't have the chance to set my downstops. Should this be fine?
Old 02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The difference in screw length is because the car is tweaked. Could be chassis, shocks, or a number of things. If both wheels pick up at the same time it is set correctly.

Yes, changing the ride height will change the droop setting.

Don't get a droop gauge. Get a ride height gauge and have some one show you how to check droop with the ride height gauge using up travel.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

I know how to check droop with my ride height gauge. You pull up on the rear or front of the car and keep sliding it under right before the wheels lift off the ground. The number the chassis is at right before they lift is your Droop correct?

I just checked it agian and the screws are not out as far as I thought they were from the others, sure one is a a couple are a bit more but it looks good.

He also taught me and showed me and checked my Tweak, he lifts up on one end and if that is heavier than the other one you adjust it by the shocks (criss cross). All the weight on my car is equal and also it is perfectly balanced thus the Hudy proving it. Even though my ride height is a bit higher I don't think it will hurt me too much.

Im using the correct (new, smaller) shock bottoms on all of the shocks, and same weight oil, chassis screws, etc..so everything is equal. When I built the shocks they seemed to also have the same, or pretty damn close rebound as the one next to it.

I will learn more and more. I have everything I need to learn, and this is just my first car I played with setting up and tweak, and all this good stuff. I tired with my FT TC4 but it just didn't want to help me out, I even had fast guys try to help that sorry piece of a thing they call a car but it was crap.

Tomorrow I drive.

-Mike
Old 02-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

To those who are fed up with me....your wish is my command.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...66#post2180366
Old 02-28-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Why...
Old 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

I will most likely get another one when the situation improves. I am not good enough not to hit things every now and then, and I am not a team driver so I have to wait for the LHS to get parts. I am fed up with the vague answers the distributor gives my LHS.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

BritRacer- when the folks at RC America tell you there are no parts it means just that. They are not playing favorites or witholding parts or kits from non-sponsored drivers or LHS. As a matter of fact, as has been said before when the kits first came in they were sent to LHS FIRST and in several cases this meant that some 100% drivers did not get cars. The general public received the kits before some drivers.

This info is not meant to bash you in anyway, it is simply to serve as an example that RC America believes in the customer first. You just can't ship what is not there.

Best of luck with whatever car you choose and hope to see you in an Xray again soon.

Butter
Old 02-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

damn!!! ya in texas!!! got to rc america and get yo stuff Just kidding but i understand where ya comming from....
Old 02-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamButter
BritRacer- when the folks at RC America tell you there are no parts it means just that. They are not playing favorites or witholding parts or kits from non-sponsored drivers or LHS. As a matter of fact, as has been said before when the kits first came in they were sent to LHS FIRST and in several cases this meant that some 100% drivers did not get cars. The general public received the kits before some drivers.

This info is not meant to bash you in anyway, it is simply to serve as an example that RC America believes in the customer first. You just can't ship what is not there.

Best of luck with whatever car you choose and hope to see you in an Xray again soon.

Butter
I know this is the case, but its the vaugeness of WHEN parts will be available that is annoying.

As I run on carpet I am also staring at the cost of a 3mm chassis. I found it funny that Xray claims the victory of the multiflex chassis when the cars that were in the amain, were not running it.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Just put the Calandra top deck on and it sure makes a nice stiffy outta the stock chassis. Can't wait to test it on the fine walls of Kenniwick this w/end.

Jacko
Old 02-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Oh you can get parts for the RDX and will certainly need them! Have fun with the RDX (Really Delicate Xray).
Old 02-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
they are extremely close to the stock ones.the only thing that is different is that i ade them so your ride height stays the same after changing the shock location.i feel this makes it a little easier to make changes and encourages you to make the changes when you are short on time at the track.the positions are very very close to stock.

Can you post a good picture of the BMI tower?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.