Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my T2 comes in tomorrow or Wednesday...can't wait to rub some walls with it and get it all out of tweak
Old 02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I was thinking about posting the exact same question on the XRAY forums. I would also like to hear why they made that choice. I'm sure for a reason.
I already did that (3 weeks ago) without a real answer. So I've sent a PM to Mario
Old 02-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
I saw this pic of someones car on Pdubs websight. What top deck is it? and it looks like it is countersunk. I could be wrong though...http://www.pdubracing.com/Snowbird_national%20032.jpg

Also who has tried the CRC top deck? is it countersunk? Does it help with the tweak issue? Thanks..
Looks like the same top deck on Ralph's car at Novak. Notice the extended front standoffs area. I'd asked Team Pickles to look into manufacturing their top deck in this fashion.

Dom
Old 02-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks like rear has extensions too.

Dom

Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRCRACER123
Also who has tried the CRC top deck? is it countersunk? Does it help with the tweak issue? Thanks..
Mine showed today, and to my disappointment it's not countersunk. The pic on CRC's web site shows countersunk and a handful of countersunk screws. The package mine came in said "revised design". Maybe they dumped the countersunk holes. I'm going to send them a e-mail for more info.

Either way, it's WAY stiffer then my kit top deck. Gripping the shock towers and trying to "twist" the chassis is much harder now.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

does anyone know if the 05 sway bars fit the T2 front? rear?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is Paul Lemieux's winning car. Paulie had broken his T2 practicing at home and switched to a home built 3mm chassis & top deck. The car worked very well and didn't want to make any changes.

The rest of the Xray team used a new 3mm chassis & top deck along with a modified front arm moving the shock in between the stock holes.

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Looks like the same top deck on Ralph's car at Novak. Notice the extended front standoffs area. I'd asked Team Pickles to look into manufacturing their top deck in this fashion.

Dom
Old 02-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Where's teamgp at, I only looked at the top 50 so I may have missed him...
Alright Mr. Funny man.

I must say that I learned A LOT this past week.

* The true meaning of 'high' grip
* The true meaning of no sleep
* Competitiveness almost beyond reason
* How to make the car do a triple lutz into the net
* How to squander almost two laps and possibly a D main start with only 3 laps to go in a 19t qualifier (nerves were a little tense with my wife, mom, sister and son watching)
* How to drive the T2 with rear wheel drive only (front belt flipped) and serious over-steer
* Very frequent changes in track conditions/grip between runs
* How to study the pro's for fast line tips

Unfortunately I had to give up my best chance at some hardware with the 19t F main starting during church time.

All in all, it was a good experience. Now I need a vacation and some rest!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
now come on dont hate. At least he is there and not in front of a computer wishing we are there

guy hood

10th stock G main

3rd sport19t F main
Considering the company I had in those mains, it wasn't too bad. Qualifying was 'interesting' for everyone.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

I got one of the countersunk CRC ones along with several other racers.

It caused tny chassis to bow so much the car rocked front to back.

All had similar problems.

We swapped out for the REVISED one and had no problems.

One issue I have been noticing and is something work cheking regularaly is that the screws holding the eccentrics in for the roll centre will bend, this will cause the car to tweak.

All I do is losen them out a couple of turns and see if they are OK.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Exactly, here's more details and my situation exactly. I'm in need of rear hubs, stock ones are 1 degree outboard toe. Spacers inboard give it another 2 degrees for 3 degrees total. I will have new hubs here shortly, but they are 2 degress of outboard toe. I'm going to change the inboard spacers to 1 degree to still maintain the same overall rear toe-in. The question is, will this change the handling of my car to any extent that is noticable on the track?
Increasing the shims for in-board rear toe-in will affect the following characteristics beyond just the overall rear toe-in:

* Rear arms will be 'swept' forward more
* Wheelbase will be shortened
* Rear track width will be increased

These changes can affect the overall car's handling in a lot of ways, but only actual track time will show the results.

Team drivers have found that using at least 1d of out-board toe-in will produce a more stable rear end and faster corner speeds.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok. This is a two part post. The first is NOT an apology in anyway, but a statement of realization. I can see that this apparently needs to be taken up in a public LOCAL area, fewer here are interested than i anticipated. No apology because i truly feel what i said... my words are not to be re-chewed, i thought about what i said before it was sent. For those of you who feel the need to flex your internet muscles about "whining", you are lucky i do not know you personally. Although... i am sure i would not have to look far to find something of "interest" about you... i will digress.

Rob Phillips, no worries, its squashed in here... ill tend to the issue at the track.

The second part of my post is a general question for those who prepped their chassis with CA. Did everyone/anyone get inbetween the slots in the top plate with CA, or did the outer edges ONLY receive the CA sealing? Im debating if i should worry about it or not. Does anyone know a way to get light scratches out of the surface of the CF plate and restore the shine? When i say scratch i mean a scratch that goes into the surface of the shine and no further. (Like, an idiotic grazing of a wrench on the CF while removing a screw that popped out of the hole and left a mark on the CF) Yes... i like a purty car.

- Dave
Old 02-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
The second part of my post is a general question for those who prepped their chassis with CA. Did everyone/anyone get inbetween the slots in the top plate with CA, or did the outer edges ONLY receive the CA sealing? Im debating if i should worry about it or not.
I just did the edges of the top plate. I was thinking about running the q-tip down the interior slots but figured it would just make a mess.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ill Factor
Tamiya 6 or 5 mm locking hexes, I believe Xray has some comming out soon in 5mm
If you buy 5mm hexes the wheels will still hit. 6mm all the way.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just did the edges of the top plate. I was thinking about running the q-tip down the interior slots but figured it would just make a mess.
I did the interior slots of the top deck with a Q-Tip. It came out awesome. I actually took off the fuzz and put ca directly on the stick. With the fuzz on it it would be too thick. I just hate that kinda whitish look of the carbon fiber when it is not ca'ed. I do get a little crazy with all my chassis's. Both my FK'05 and My T2 have every piece of carbon fiber sanded and ca'ed. I get compliments ALL the time on how my carbon fiber looks and feels. Every edge is smooth as glass...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.