NEW XRAY T2

Old 02-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

xray website has some new hopups for the T2, sites very busy but from the front page, theres some new alloy front and rear hubs, alloy castor blocks. Also, the new battery strap and motor guard. can't see anything else, but those with a keen eye might.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

But it would put your dogbone further into the outdrive, where it was designed to go...

I don't think that the holders were being pointed out as a possible source of the 'toe issue'
Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Mine are, still a toe problem ...but even if they're backwards, is there an angle built into those thingees? And if so seems like as long as they are *all* backwards they should be off the same amount left to right.
Assuming they're all backwards. However, on one side of the rear arms you could have the rearward holder backwards, as shown in the previous pic, but the forward holder the right way around (giving more toe-in).

This is just one thing to check and make sure of.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

hey guys i think the more people that have the same problem would result in a recall of a luxury car because it is supposedly built with the utmost precisicion for superior handling so the auto company can entice buyers to buy their car and not another car in the same price range with less handling.these recalls are normally corrected after people have driven the cars for some time. i think people would not make the purchase if they actually see the defect resulting in the luxury car manufacturer not being so reputable. people tend to buy the newer model of the same car they have previously owned because they are satisfied with the performance and dependabililty (good quality control).

the problem with some of us is that we just spent big money on a PORSCHE 911 and the tire wear is uneven and the car is pulling to one side at high speeds and when we take a tght turn we hear scraping from the rims hitting the shocks causing us to be scared of driving the car at the speeds it was engineered for. of course we will demand our money back and report them to the better bussines bureau.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While xray is a "luxary" car, it really isnt that much more expensive than any other car on the market, the cyclone and tamiya cars are both more expensive (the tamiya being considerably more), the the t2 is still on its first batch of cars, and the problems are relativly small and only expearianced by a minority of people, if you have an issue call up the company and I am sure they are willing to deal with the minor teething problems, xray has great support in addition to making great cars.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

hey guys i think the more people that have the same problem would result in a recall of a luxury car because it is supposedly built with the utmost precisicion for superior handling so the auto company can entice buyers to buy their car and not another car in the same price range with less handling.these recalls are normally corrected after people have driven the cars for some time. i think people would not make the purchase if they actually see the defect resulting in the luxury car manufacturer not being so reputable. people tend to buy the newer model of the same car they have previously owned because they are satisfied with the performance and dependabililty (good quality control).

the problem with some of us is that we just spent big money on a PORSCHE 911 and the tire wear is uneven and the car is pulling to one side at high speeds and when we take a tght turn we hear scraping from the rims hitting the shocks causing us to be scared of driving the car at the speeds it was engineered for. of course we will demand our money back and report them to the better bussines bureau.
Should have purchased a Ferrari
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Ask the guys that are moaning and whining about the car, how they are doing on the track? Are these guys still running mid pack just like with their old cars? Are they spending so much time worrying about what's wrong with their car instead of driving it?

Then ask the guys like us that ran the car barely with 6 packs and are TQ'ing, getting close to track record and winning a race with it first time out? Spending more time actually driving the car and finding setup then sit there and bench stare at the car.

Let's see who you should listen to?

Dom

Well, I will tell you this! I am in no way a "midpack" racer. I know when my cars aren't right! This car has been SCREWED up out of the box! That is why its being "bench stared" at! I have been RACING not backyard bashing RC CARS for almost 13yrs. I know how to build and set up cars! I have pm after PM from ppl that aren't wanting to post in public about the same problems I am having. they to are just runnign the 05 until something is done to fix the problems.

So if you are setting tracks records with YOUR CAR AND YOUR CAR ISN'T TWEAKED! Then don't doubt the ones that are having problems! If your car is Tweaked,toe is off and you are still running faster just think of what you would be doing with a car that is RIGHT!

I will continue to run my 05 until the issuse with the T2 is fixed!

I think alot of the guys on here are just looking for some kind of response from X-ray! A simple yes we know there is a problem and bare with us until we can get to the cause of it WILL GO ALONG WAY! But I have been on this thread alot lately and see some PAID X-ray team driviers names at the bottom of the page and have yet to see one POST from any of them......

I hate to break the news but if you ignore it. IT WANT GO AWAY, BUT CUSTOMERS WILL......
Old 02-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

More than anything, the guys that are complaining are making the situation seems catastrophic irreversable issues. Bottomline is, this ISN'T an XRAY forum, sign up on the XRAY forum and post there instead if you need a response from XRAY. Instead of going to thru pages of pages of complaining, I'd rather see people talk about setups and how to make the car go faster.

Here's a suggestion, run the car with the issues that you have now. Later when the fixes are in place, run it and see how much time you have gained. Don't just stare at the thing and say it won't work, run it and if it's really that horrible then go on XRAY forum and break hell instead.

Dom
Old 02-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I agree with Dom
Old 02-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Here's a suggestion, run the car with the issues that you have now. Later when the fixes are in place, run it and see how much time you have gained. Don't just stare at the thing and say it won't work, run it and if it's really that horrible then go on XRAY forum and break hell instead.

Dom

I agree this isn't the X-ray forum...but there were ppl with problem on so I stated what I have also....

You say go run it, I AM TELLING YOU the car teeters over 2mms from side to side. I have .05degs of toe in the left and 3 degs in the right. And you say "just run it"

If you have not seen this PROBLEM THEN THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT FOR YOU!

Over look the post from ppl with problems who are asking for help and trying to give help to those that are having the issuse.

Read thru them to find your set-up help..... But between you and I, I haven't seen many ppl posting setups! Think the reason may be they don't want to look like a fool when they post put one shim in tne right rear and 3 in the left, adjust ride height so that you compensate for the 2mms of tweak, screw on shock collar down 7 TURNS further than the others and so on.....

I sat here two night ago for 3 hours trying to get this car CLOSE, do you really think I am going to run it and them need 1-2 hours to re-set it back up between my first heat and the main, casue the other two quals. I would never make them....

Again if YOUR car has no problem FINE RUN IT! Mine along with others have problems.... and WE want it fixed either thru others on this forum or other forums or from X-ray!

I want to run this car...you think I like looking at $400 sitting on a shelf?
Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have you contacted RCAmerica, detailing how much your car is off?
Old 02-02-2006, 02:49 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Frako, can't take credit for it, Steve from Netherlands caught it first.

The answer is NO!

You coming down in 2 weeks? Bring Mike and Ritchie!

Dom
Dom I can't come down I was going to buy Tom T2 last week and I snooze and I loose No TC to play
Old 02-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
I agree this isn't the X-ray forum...but there were ppl with problem on so I stated what I have also....

You say go run it, I AM TELLING YOU the car teeters over 2mms from side to side. I have .05degs of toe in the left and 3 degs in the right. And you say "just run it"

If you have not seen this PROBLEM THEN THIS DISCUSSION IS NOT FOR YOU!

Over look the post from ppl with problems who are asking for help and trying to give help to those that are having the issuse.

Read thru them to find your set-up help..... But between you and I, I haven't seen many ppl posting setups! Think the reason may be they don't want to look like a fool when they post put one shim in tne right rear and 3 in the left, adjust ride height so that you compensate for the 2mms of tweak, screw on shock collar down 7 TURNS further than the others and so on.....

I sat here two night ago for 3 hours trying to get this car CLOSE, do you really think I am going to run it and them need 1-2 hours to re-set it back up between my first heat and the main, casue the other two quals. I would never make them....

Again if YOUR car has no problem FINE RUN IT! Mine along with others have problems.... and WE want it fixed either thru others on this forum or other forums or from X-ray!

I want to run this car...you think I like looking at $400 sitting on a shelf?
Can you post pics of this crazy rear end? Various angles?

There are a few setups on XRAY site, mine included.

Dom
Old 02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
Dom I can't come down I was going to buy Tom T2 last week and I snooze and I loose No TC to play

Huh, no wonder you told me to have fun with the car. I didn't know you were goin to buy his...... oops.

Dom
Old 02-02-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was just wondering, lately the only thing that has broke on my T2 was the C-hub at the top, however every time its brakes, the CVD pops out and takes a chunk out of the outdrive and arm, now that it has done that, i have to bend the outdrive back, so the CVD will fit back in, upon doing so , (5-6 times) it finally broke (the outdrive) now in order for me to fix it i have to buy a new Tranny. Does this seem right, after all, to replace a outdrive on any other car would not be a problem, are you saying you have to buy a new tranny at $70 CDN, every time you brake or bend an outdrive? thats bull sh*t! other then that, I love the car, no I wasn't being sarcastic

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.