Wiki Posts
Search

44mm cells 4000s????

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 44mm cells 4000s????

with the new rule change as voted by ROAR mebers to 44mm cells vs the old rule of 43mm will be be new cells coming out from IB and GP? i herd that the rule is not final yet as it needs to be ok'ed by excomm.

i would like to know if anyone has any information on these matters. if the rules is in fact now 44mm and there will be new cells coming out due to the rule change if in fact it has been ok'ed.

if anyone from the matching companies such as SMC, Br00d, Epic... and so can shine any light on these matters please help me out! as well as the other still in the dark as to what is going on.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even if it were ...if I understand the rules regarding batteries correctly, the batteries would have to be submitted and approved before the end of the year to be ROAR legal for calander year 2006.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If new cells do come out at the 44mm spec they wont be legal until '07 since the deadline to submit cells is in september.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

The vote did not make the rule change, it was an ADVISORY VOTE, which gave the opinion of prolly 1/100th of the racers (who by the way really did not know anything about why the question was even on the ballot) to the excomm for them to help decide on the rule change.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
If new cells do come out at the 44mm spec they wont be legal until '07 since the deadline to submit cells is in september.
Ah yea you're right the dealine is September! ...yea so even if they pass the rule, won't make any diff till Calander year 07 as The Smash Man indicated ...which incidentally, shouldn't you be painting bodies?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

ok so as i understand it:

the rule of 44mm cells is not accually a rule yet. the choice still needs to be made by excomm.

gp3700s and ib3800s still seem like they are going to be the primary cells of 2006. but if the rule is ok'ed to 44mm no new cells were submited before the deadline there for any new cells that hit the market WONT be legal at ROAR events until 07

but becasue its a ROAR rule any new cell that my be produced may be oked for use in next years vegas race or possiblly snowbirds if those vents allow those cells? or will they tend to stick close to ROAR rules?
Old 11-28-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

ROAR would almost have to make an exception to that deadline as it would be unfair to both GP and IB if IP's cells (which were not to the spec as of September) are allowed due to the proposed rule change and they didn't have the opportunity to submit a longer cell of their own...a situation which I'm sure would result in a lawsuit of some form...
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Large non-ROAR races tend to stick pretty close to ROAR rules but do sometimes allow deviations depeding on what is hot on the market. Case in point would be the IB3800 and GP3700 cells at Cleveland. Not ROAR legal but they have been out for quite awhile and very popular cells on the club level. I doubt that Mike Boylan would allow a cell for use at Snowbirds that is introduced between now and then.

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
...which incidentally, shouldn't you be painting bodies?
Now that you have released my from that box you had me in, I'm working on sketching right now and shooting paint in the next day or two. I think you'll dig what I'm thinking of.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have tried to get in touch with ROAR but that seems to be hard. I gave them what I think the rule should be to keep the battery market a bit more stable.

EFRA will stay at 43mm so ROAR should stay at 43mm and EFRA and ROAR should get IFMAR to change to 43mm.

If the rule does change I know that IB will make a longer cell to make sure they compete on the same level as others who have submitted longer cells. Since ROAR would be changing the rule after the submittal date we should be allowed to change the size and have them legal as of January first.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC

If the rule does change I know that IB will make a longer cell to make sure they compete on the same level as others who have submitted longer cells. Since ROAR would be changing the rule after the submittal date we should be allowed to change the size and have them legal as of January first.
Admitedly, I know *nothing* about this, but would 1 month be enough time for IB to redesign, retool and resubmit a different size cell in enough tome for a Jan 01 approval? ...I would love to see it *if it happened* as I dig your IB matched cells, they have stayed consistent longer (for me anyway) than the IP's I picked up in Vegas.

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Now that you have released my from that box you had me in, I'm working on sketching right now and shooting paint in the next day or two. I think you'll dig what I'm thinking of.
Saweet!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Company Representative

It would take IB longer to retool than 1 month but regardless of when they would have it we would start using them and selling them as we feel that ROAR changing the rule after the submittal date means we can update the cell and use it.

In the end what I think should and will happen is for all sanctioning bodies to talk and together with IFMAR come out with a standard rule which should be 43mm.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
It would take IB longer to retool than 1 month but regardless of when they would have it we would start using them and selling them as we feel that ROAR changing the rule after the submittal date means we can update the cell and use it.

In the end what I think should and will happen is for all sanctioning bodies to talk and together with IFMAR come out with a standard rule which should be 43mm.
Gotcha ...yea ..I agree with that last paragraph, I mean even for us racers (and I would imagine hobbyshops to), now we're in "limbo" of wanting to buy new cells with an impending unknown that we may be out of date within months of buying the "latest and greatest 43 mm 3800's"
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for the heads up danny. please keep us posted on any new info that you may get as it my very well save us some money! lie myseld waiting to see what heppens with this rule before i jump on the 3800 wagon.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

quick question for you guys....are GP 3700's and IB 3800 cells legal for next year?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Company Representative

From what IB tells me it will allow them to stretch the capacity even more with a 44mm cell but the voltage won't be much higher so the current 3800s are fine for most of our racing applications.

ROAR is most likely still trying to figure out the rules but the GP and IB cells should be legal in January.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.