Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Mental aspect of racing??? >

Mental aspect of racing???

Mental aspect of racing???

Old 11-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This may sound kind of strange, but I think creative visualization can help a lot. I had a period where I was having unbelievable nerves at big races. At club races i was relaxed. So I got a sports psychology book, and looked at what they recommended. Basically it was self hypnosis. I tried it and i felt a lot better. It's almost like meditiation. The best thing probably is the fact that it makes you feel relaxed and calm in everyday life too. As part of the routine, you visualize what you will be doing on the track, and you can emphasize things like focus and concentration, and also relaxation. I think it can instill a lot of confidence, simply because you will be relaxed and focused on the task at hand.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Guy is getting ANGRY!!!

Woooooossssaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...

Old 11-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

tHANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT REPIES
Old 11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thats it!!! Piss tests for drivers!

I find that I get the shakes at times as well. Especially since I moved to 1/12th scale last season. I especially got nervous once when my Fiance' came in unexpectedly while I was in the last qual. For some reason, having her watch me drive the car around the track made it the worst because I guess I subconciously wanted to impress her.

In that qual it was like 3 mins down and I saw her and plowed right into a corner. I stopped, looked at her and she just smiled and said "go..."

I relaxed and tore up a TQ lap. She then went and picked up my car and handed it to me saying "do I really scare you that much?!?!?"

It was funny...and I'll never forget it.