Nomadio Sensor Systems

Nomadio Sensor Systems

Old 11-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Nomadio Sensor Systems

Nomadio News

Black Friday

Soon you wish you can dump your spektrum? Hold on its too pretty.

Was Einstein pretty? Carl Sagan? if beauty was the only factor you racers wanted then youde be driving the x-mod tx.. its pretty.

This is military spec full blown true DSS technology designed from the ground up not some bandaid frequency protection system bolted onto your legacy system... true two way communications

Read the link above.. now stuff that into your spektrum and smoke it.

Spektrum missed the boat by only offering a one-way radio system that is spending all of its time decoding from analog to digital while the Nomadio Sensor is a true digital system with two way communications!

And for the price they are cheaper! Take for example a 3PK transmitter ($320 tower) and then add the spektrum module for $160 and then the telemetry kit for $140 all for the grand total of $620! A Nomadio from Hobby Warehouse in MPLS for $439 for a savings of $180! Oh and not too mention where are you going to mount the extra telemetry transmitter? No sure about the Spektrum but Nomadio is made in the USA! with telemtry built into the transciever.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BadBoyRC
Nomadio News

Black Friday

Soon you wish you can dump your spektrum? Hold on its too pretty.

Was Einstein pretty? Carl Sagan? if beauty was the only factor you racers wanted then youde be driving the x-mod tx.. its pretty.

This is military spec full blown true DSS technology designed from the ground up not some bandaid frequency protection system bolted onto your legacy system... true two way communications

Read the link above.. now stuff that into your spektrum and smoke it.

Spektrum missed the boat by only offering a one-way radio system that is spending all of its time decoding from analog to digital while the Nomadio Sensor is a true digital system with two way communications!

And for the price they are cheaper! Take for example a 3PK transmitter ($320 tower) and then add the spektrum module for $160 and then the telemetry kit for $140 all for the grand total of $620! A Nomadio from Hobby Warehouse in MPLS for $439 for a savings of $180! Oh and not too mention where are you going to mount the extra telemetry transmitter? No sure about the Spektrum but Nomadio is made in the USA! with telemtry built into the transciever.

Nomadio needs to have better build quality for the radio and a smaller reciever to be a real contender.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

lets talk street prices.

3pk $230
Spektrum $140

$370
Old 11-23-2005, 05:24 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry to say but that Nomadio system looks ugly in my opinion. Also has no drop down steerwheel. I donīt think someone owning a Helios or 3PK will change to this one. Actually I prefere function over design but not this one.
BTW Spektrum also is two-way, but as telemetry is prohibited under most rules itīs just good this unit is separate.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by V12
Sorry to say but that Nomadio system looks ugly in my opinion. Also has no drop down steerwheel. I donīt think someone owning a Helios or 3PK will change to this one. Actually I prefere function over design but not this one.
BTW Spektrum also is two-way, but as telemetry is prohibited under most rules itīs just good this unit is separate.

the reason why those drop down radios need a drop down wheel is because they are not ergonomic.. the nomadio is.. try it be fore you knock it.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Nomadio needs to have better build quality for the radio and a smaller reciever to be a real contender.
Plus they need to have some top drivers run and prove these can get the job done. Most people already have top of the line radios so buying a Spektrum is cheaper plus one of the two major Distributors in the country (Horizon) has them so more than likely will never be obsolete.

Not sure how Spektrum missed the boat on this. If anything they hit the target of producing an inexpensive add on for the racers that already have top of the line radio's and guys can still run for their Radio Sponsors (Futaba, JR, KO, Hitec, and Airtronics). so it was nothing be smart on Horizon's part to carry and push this product.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now don't get me wrong. I've SERIOUSLY considered picking up a Nomadio system. However once I took a good close look at it, I felt that it's build quality was lacking. Of course this is a 1st-Gen product.

On a positive note the Nomadio DOES have the most advanced user interface available AND its actually pretty comfortable. Also, Nomadio as a company will be around for quite a while as they are a Defense Contractor.

In short, I'll buy V2.0 of the Sensor when it undoubtedly debuts.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They are in the process of getting a few top drivers. They already have the best 5th scale racer using it.

As an owner of a Nomadio Sensor, I can tell you it performs just as well as any other radio that I have used.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rcguy2477
They are in the process of getting a few top drivers. They already have the best 5th scale racer using it.

As an owner of a Nomadio Sensor, I can tell you it performs just as well as any other radio that I have used.
What 5th scale racer are you talking about? Not up on them too much to know who is racing them other than a few Pro's that run them on accasion like Barry Baker and a few others like them.

No doubt the radio is cool and has unlimited potential but the radio case itself needs to be a little nicer looking (the shape is fine I think the quality of the plastic is lacking and is more par with Hitec) than with Airtronics, JR, Futaba, and KO. Once they change that and get more big drivers running with them and doing well then who knows the sky is the limit for them.

I'm with Soviet and kinda thinking of getting one but want to wait to see what changes come about 1st. I did drive with one a racer had at Hobbytown in Frederick. It felt pretty good but would like to have one for a few days to mess around with before I would lay out 500 bucks for one.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'll run my spektrum and be happy, you go ahead and run a nomadio and be happy. : ) Spektrum does everything I wanted. I can have the radio on in the pits, I don't have to wait for a freq. clip to practice, no more additional failsafes to tuck away. And I get to keep my very easily programmed M8.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

One other thing would be to a receiver that is priced in the 60 to 70 buck range like the other Spektrum type receivers. Have a standard 3 channel receiver for those who don't need all that add on stuff to tell temps, laptimes and so on. Then have a receiver that has the option to have all these new hookups to be wired into them for those who need those features.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:00 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a look again at their website and their PC software look really good.
But they have to work on the look of the transmitter and build quality as some others say. That looks not like something I do expect from a top $ unit. Donīt know if this is just prototype currently and the final version looks much better in some regards. If itīs this way then itīs fine.
From all transmitters I have seen until today the KO Helios is the benchmark to me. By far the easiest to program and handle especially if you customize the menu what is easy as could be. From ergonomics itīs also one of the best if not the best. Also there is a PC interface for the Helios if you need one but itīs really not necesarry.
Soviet said Nomadio uses the most advanced user interface but what means this? They donīt show any menues of the transmitter at their website so I canīt compare how itīs working. But you really have to compare with KO or Futaba not any cheap transmitter.

Iīm also not sure what to think on the fact youīre completely dependend if the Nomadio system works under all even difficult conditions. If something goes wrong with the Spektrum I could change back to FM easily. On the Nomadio this isnīt possible and I have to use a completely different transmitter then. Spektrum also have a 2.4 GHz only transmitter but I never would go for this because of exactly this reason.

This is just my personal view and nobody needs thinking the same.
But also Iīm very long into model cars and had enough transmitters so I know what Iīm speaking about.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

For us in the Uk, Spektrum and similar systems have just been allowed. However, the Nomadio will NEVER be allowed because of the two way system, it is clearly stated in the BRCA Rules that the only allowed way is from the transmitter to the receiver (hence the names), any type of feedback from the receiver is not allowed and so telemetry is illegal. I'm pretty sure this is the case with EFRA Rules and IFMAR aswell, which leaves this system to non-racers only.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, but you are absolutely and totally incorrect. As the Nomadio importer I can tell you that it IS cleared for use in the UK, just the use of sensors is not!!! Please get your facts before making such sweeping statements.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

V12, if you downloaded the desktop software, did you look in the included user manual PDF file? It really is excellent and includes actual photo's of the menu on screen and all the detail you could want with regards to using and programming the system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.