Nomadio Sensor Systems

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor Systems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

I really want one. Had a chance to try it and it was really nice. I didn't like the cheap feel as others have mentioned. The radio itself was not comfortable in my hand (this can partly be attributed to me using Airtronics radios for the last 6-7 years and having grown comfortable with them) and the receiver needs to be shrunken down...way too big.

Unless these changes can be met, I may have to stick with my Spektrum until the Airtronics systems comes out.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know Nomadio has a smaller V2 receiver. The feel is just something you get use to or maybe you don't. I know the only time I ever used one for about 5 laps to help a guy with his car it did feel a little strange but then I'm use to my R-1 so not a fair deal. I would need to use the Nomadio for a few weeks before I can make a fair judgement on the feel.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
I know Nomadio has a smaller V2 receiver. The feel is just something you get use to or maybe you don't. I know the only time I ever used one for about 5 laps to help a guy with his car it did feel a little strange but then I'm use to my R-1 so not a fair deal. I would need to use the Nomadio for a few weeks before I can make a fair judgement on the feel.
Totally agree. Based on my first experience, it's a great system and I would love it but I would have a hard time spending that much money on a product that will be replacing something that I am already 100% satisified while at the same time be not be sure that I will adjust to it in the long run.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yes I also agree with you as well. I think this radio will one that when guys are needing a new top end radio or when progessing from a RTR type radio this radio could be a viable choice. I use a R-1 with Spektrum system and I'm totally happy but everyone who knows me pretty good know I like to be different and use what most don't. I have been doing this for most of my racing in the last 20 years. Just something I like to do. I enoy beating guys and doing well with stuff most guys don't use. Just me and this radio would fill the bill nicely while still offering me tons of features.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:43 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

My local shop just signed up for the dealer radio setup. I showed him this thread and the post about the dealer setup and he was like cool...........and then proceeded to sign up.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you! The more dealers that get in on this the better. I understand that Molzer Mowery wants to team up and offer a dealer demo 1:5 scale car with the demo Nomadio. We are working on the program now.

Last edited by Nomadio_Sales; 12-08-2005 at 08:44 PM. Reason: .
Old 01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

karlton you are the man in that 5th scale need to break me into it.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

I DONT LIKE IT it looks like cheap plastic first thing you going to need is a decient wheel also the guys at the club are not happy with them glitches all the time
Old 01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but do you even own a Sensor? The plastic is NOT CHEAP at all. I have been using one since they first were available and I have NEVER had a problem with glitching. Let me re-state that, I did have some servo glitching for a day after the V2.0 upgrade. The GREAT thing about the Nomadio is that an software upgrade was made available, I installed it and all the glitching was gone. The new software also provided new functionality. No other radio comes close in terms of firmware upgrades.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Are hobby shop owner did the demo plan Nomadio has out and installed the radio in his Revo that he races. He has not had it to the track yet but did test it some in front of his hobbyshop and zero problems. It also has the add on telemtry stuff for motor temp and so on. We will all try his truck next Friday at the track. So far though setup and playing around zero problems.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

the only radio that can grow by software update! look closer and you will see.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

I hear Nomadio is going to have a program that lets the Sensor talk to spektrum receivers

LOW / SLOW mode LOW as in they have to go to low power by a FACTOR OF 6, slow because we have to go from 100Hz to 50Hz

DAMN!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

new download before the day is over. be ready nomadio users you will be very happy.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

The beta software is now version 2.1!

Update NOW! No longer Beta it is wide release! DO a range test before you upload and one after let us all know how it goes!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

all is great with new upload. thanx techies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.