Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would agree with others.... build quality and receiver size needs to be addressed.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The new reciever is very nice and small compared to the old ones. I plastics are much more acurately molded than the last reciever. They are also making some small changes to the case(though the design will remain the same).
Old 11-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doomah
lets talk street prices.
3pk $230
Spektrum $140
$370

where on god's green earth are you going to find a 3pk for $230 that's not used?
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

rc-mushroom all day long.

also. i only paid $120 for my spektrum
Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modeltech
V12, if you downloaded the desktop software, did you look in the included user manual PDF file? It really is excellent and includes actual photo's of the menu on screen and all the detail you could want with regards to using and programming the system.
Sorry I didn´t see anything to download. Where is this hidden?
But why are informations like these pictures not to be found directly at the website?
I think that´s important for potential customers especially if a product is so different than the Nomadio.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

It really doesn't need to be on the website as it's 85 pages long and in the user manual!
Only needs a little bit of effort to find it, but here is the link to the complete desktop app for you, and in this download archive you will find the user manual.
Here is a small sample for you......you will have to download it for yourself to see it all.
Attached Thumbnails Nomadio Sensor Systems-manualimage.jpg  
Old 11-23-2005, 04:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Everything sounds nice. Just need to see more guys using them or big guns using them as they set the benchmark on what people are going to run. Guys are not as willing to run stuff unless the high profile guys are running them.

I will feel much better to see the Barry Bakers, Brian Kinwalds and Josh Cyrul type racers using this system as that will be the benchmark and not what is advertised by the company. Hard to get guys to spend that kind of cash without seeing more results.

Does have loads of potential though so it will be intersting to see what happens.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Brian- Next time you're at horsham or an orl, come over and I'll let you try out the newer Sensor. The old one I had was just a test unit, hence the lower quality plastic. Its only been my second weekend with the radio and last week at horsham I placed 4th in the b out of e mains.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

My LHS just got several in and i had a chance to play with one yesterday. Yeah, while they are ugly, that doesn't matter to me as long as they work. Like others have said, it's really cheap. It felt like a $2.00 toy in my hand. It was also uncomfortable for me to hold. I did not like its balance or the position of the steering wheel.

And in a world of shrinking chassis, they need to step back to the drawing board and design a receiver that is actually targeted at their intended audience.

Also, comparing the street prices of my new M11 and the Spektrum system, it was much less than if I were to buy a Nomando system.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rcguy2477
Brian- Next time you're at horsham or an orl, come over and I'll let you try out the newer Sensor. The old one I had was just a test unit, hence the lower quality plastic. Its only been my second weekend with the radio and last week at horsham I placed 4th in the b out of e mains.
Cool Jason. I would like to try one again sometime. I ran a few laps with one at Hobbytown in Frederick. Glad it is working well for you. I will look you up when I make it down to Horshem. I will be looking at them more and reading up on them. Nice to read some stuff from someone I know.

4thin the B at Horshem is pretty good as the competition is very strong thats for sure. Some big guns your running against.
Old 11-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default ADD ALL THE PARTS

Originally Posted by Doomah
lets talk street prices.

3pk $230
Spektrum $140

$370
AND FOR THE TELEM SETUP ADD ANOTHER 100- 199 NO THATS MORE COMPARABLE
Old 11-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the pig
AND FOR THE TELEM SETUP ADD ANOTHER 100- 199 NO THATS MORE COMPARABLE

not trying to start a pissing contest, coz i don't care what people buy, but i am just correcting his original pricing.

actually rc-mushroom has 3pk +spektrum deal for $324
Old 11-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

kool .............
Old 11-25-2005, 07:57 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

This radio won't be for everyone but if the bugs are worked out the new radio does leave the owner total control over almost everything. At this time it is truely state of the art. I'm sure they are working hard on improving this new technology and taking it to new limits. It is going to to take time to get it proven and onto a few top racers. All the other companies have had 20 years head start.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

nomadio knows how to take care of the most important thing overall and that is the customer thats why they have the forum up so strong. no matter = or - everyone is talking about NOMADIO SENSOR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.