R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #16
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to killswitch

Originally Posted by vectra
Were they the exact same as those ones ?
If so, Are you saying I would be better off not getting them ?
Yup, I've had a set of the RD Logics ones and I had a set sold by another company (I think they were GPM) that I got in a trade. I had similar results with both. I've also seen steel and aluminum screws break off in the case mounts during really hard impacts (nitro and electric). If you race, I think you would be crazy to use those things. Use that $31.99 to get some extra practice time on the track. Thats the only thing that makes you a faster driver. If you want them for the bling on a show car, go ahead. Better yet, if you're building a show car, take that $31.99 and save the rest to buy a BMI chassis. You're car will look ten times better than a tub with aluminum diff housings.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 PM   #17
Tech Adept

was looking into the aluminum,but im not now. thanks
zigzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #18
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to mrwassman

those are sick
www.ezrc.blogspot.com - Slash 2wd/4wd + General R/C info. (under construction)
mrwassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:09 AM   #19
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Aluminum screws into aluminum threads

Bad idea. If you can manage to keep the anodizing from stripping off the threads from wear, you will have limited sucess. I would (not use those heavy diff housings...) use stainless screws if you are trying to pump up the pimp factor... Aluminum screws into an aluminum part, if it's raw aluminum for both, after some time (sometimes not much) the aluminum will weld itself together. If I were you and you were really hooked on the blue aluminum cases with the blue screws, either use anti-seize on the threads, or invest in the 'anodize' paint from one of the major paint manufacturers, i think it's duplicolor and available at auto parts stores, and paint your steel screw heads.
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote