Wiki Posts
Search

FACTORY TEAM TC4 (indoor,carpet)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default try this

Bigcheese,Try 40wt,copper in the rear.5 droop in the front.And last dbl pink rears.Maybe try moving rear shock in one on top.Mario.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Lotus1, That was basically my last try only I had Gold spring & magenta . Thanks for the quick response.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigcheese
Can you cover some info on the team setup in this thread if you don't mind? Or direct me to the correct thread? I'm new to touring & trying different setups, but whats out there is mostly factory setups. The rear is loose in and out of the turns, steering is too responsive for my taste. The setup I'm trying for next time at the track is:

Composite chassis & running stock:
small tight track, low traction carpet, 1 in each end on wheelbase

front
70w, 2piston, purple, 0,1, shim anti dive, shock second hole from inside, inside on arm, Long camber -1, steering arm out hole, 4* caster, 5.5 droop, 5.5 ride, stand. dif, Plaid 58mm,

rear
50w, 2piston, red, 1,0 anti squat, shock outside top & arm, Long camber -1, 4 droop, 5mm ride, stand. dif, purple 58mm

I tried softening the rear, better but not great. Grateful for any help please.
Front - try 60 wt oil, add 1 anti dive shim - total of 2 "bumps" lower ride height to 5mm

Rear - 40 wt will help, add 1 anti squat shim - total of 1 "bump", you said long camber link, what hole are you using on the hub carrier - try the inside hole if you are not using it - I found that this tightens up the rear on corner entry.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

o.s. power, I had just changed the hub to the inside hole. I'll get to try this setup Sunday. I may try the extra bump. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i said that wrong, what I meant to say was moving the camber link to the outside will tighten up the car on corner entry, whereas moving it to the inside will loosen it up on entry

sorry for the confusion
Old 11-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default pick something and try it

I found the same problem with my Team TC4. The back always seemed to come around suddenly.

I have the FT now, and the Carpet setup out of the box works great. I don't know how it will compare on the Team, but its worth starting there.

AS for changing setups, just try one change at a time and get a feel for the difference it makes. Decide if it was better or worse, and then move onto another change. The worst thing you can do is change everything; if it works it could just have been one little thing that made all the difference.

IS there anyone else running the TC4 at you track? how is there car handling? if its better than yours, try it and go from there to customize it for you.

Try one from the TA website, and again, work to make it suit you.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Giuseppe- Were you running graphite on your team?

I tried the one stock setup from AE, but they are all FTs. I'm kinda looking for successful setups from "Team TC4" drivers. I'm resisting the urge to buy the conversion considering all the stuff I've bought this year. I want to make this one work, rather than buying the latest, if that is possible.

I might pickup the graphite upgrade though. Its reasonably priced.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default There should be?

Hey BigCheese

I had a hard time getting the Team car to work well on Carpet. I did not try the FT Foam setup on it, as I now run the FT. I don't know how it will work on the old car. The major deference between them is the chassis stiffness. The Team car has more flex and there isn't much you can do about it.

There are "team" TC4 setups on the website, all the ones that don't have FT in brackets should be Team TC4 setups. I'll see if I can find a setup from last year that seemed to work well...I think it was the Barry Baker one.

you may want to try a soft compound tire, dblPink/orange in front and dbl pink rear, they should give some more grip...remember a big part of traction comes from the tires, setup just tweaks it a bit to your liking. Just see what the "fast" guys are running at your track, and bolt those on.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Success at last! Finally got the car hooked up. Ran Sunday and qualified 2 & finished 2.

Cyan/Magenta was the ticket, plus tightening up the suspension. Tweak board with scales helped too.

I've got a graphite package coming.

Thanks for the input!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Great!

Hey

Great to hear that you got the car hooked up. did you just change tires? having the tweak set properly will make a huge difference in the car from corner to corner and even on the straight.

Good luck, eh!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

has anyone tried the battery strap?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Strap is great so far!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Seems to do the job

I works and its better than taping batts in for me...I hate tape.

I had to put an Xray one on for a while, but the car seemed to run better once the Team Associated one was in there. lol

I just wish they could include it in the kit.