Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Merely playing Devils advocate here...

but there were a bunch of mercy minutes given during the race. Not giving any names or instances except for that when my guy needed a minute.. IN THE MAIN.. there was no give.

ALSO.. my car nearly got DQed because EA put a motor sticker on it that did not cover any part of the engraved number or identifying marks. It was not in the rule book that stickers werent allowed... and untill then, i have never seen it to be a problem. ESPECIALLY, considering the purple endbell/chrome motors arent even sold to the public (i was told). This was kinda rediculous IMHO.

I love comming to cleveland every year and getting kicked in the nutz.. but this year was a little less than spectacular. OR perhaps i was just so blown away by vegas that this race didnt measure up.

I will come back next year.. but if it is a repeate of this year.. best of luck in 07'

Keith
Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rayhuang
...hitting boards so hard he bounces back far enough that he can try the same corner again...

That was a good one, no matter who you're talking about.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ErnieP
Barry nice pass on Matt...lol
Yeah what happened there? Matt started 9th on the grid but was in 3rd after one lap.

But then on lap 2, Barry moves to 3rd and Matt drops to the back of the pack? was there some contact?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have 3 separate Videos of the Main....

i'l see if I can spot anything...but we were standing over by the tech tables...hopefully there is some vid from in front of the corers booth or from the other end of the track too...
Old 11-30-2005, 09:31 AM
TLRacing

[

Last edited by Todd Hodge; 12-01-2005 at 07:35 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:33 AM
TLRacing

Last edited by Todd Hodge; 12-01-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

HELLLOOOO.......when will all of you understand......Ernie's race......Ernie's rules......he doesn't give two cents about anyone or anything but his wallet.......he will step on, walk on, jump on, drive on anyone including his drivers.......DJ-consider yourself forwarned....this won't change!!!

Hogimoto......you are the man!!!!! lmfao
Old 11-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
How does your A$$ feel.....both DJ and RB lubed you up good?
ROTFL!

Man, I can't wait to see video of the mains!

Well these comments should ruffle someone's panties!!
Who is the panty wearer? Tell tell!

-Rich
Old 11-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The first turn was like bumper cars at Cedar point.
Yes, it was definately a pile up at the start. I was filming it as well as ChrisP had a camera on the action too.

It looked like Matt tapped Josh from behind and piled together right into the corner. Josh's car broke, most likely due to the fragile prototype parts on the car.

Eventually, the pack got going, but by that time Paul Lemieux had a commanding lead and that's all she wrote.

I would have been great to the the Kyosho prototype run the whole race. I watched the qualifying run on Saturday night that got Josh the 6th grid position in the A. It was planted, carried lots of speed and didn't push like other cars.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default Todd

I really expected a lot more from you than a low shot like this which fuels people and their "adolescent comments"

Honestly after seeing this I am going to rethink my position on sponsoring Cleveland next year...maybe you can get your sponsors to write the check so it is all fair...

BTW...Nice clean pass on Blackstock in the 1/12th main or were you shaking so much you didnt see when you drove through the apex and ran him into the wall......
Old 11-30-2005, 09:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Man these threads really get intersting after the race is over. Normally start nice thinking everyone and then the sledgehammers are dropped like bombs!!!!!!!!!! WOW.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Barry,

You are wasting your time here. DJ was the new found Trinity driver on Saturday night. He had to be #10 man on the grid. Orr had no chance.....what if it was Blackstock with the miss counting transponder.....hmmm....then maybe a different story.

How does your A$$ feel.....both DJ and RB lubed you up good?

Well these comments should ruffle someone's panties!!
WOW
Old 11-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dunno Hodge...looked like there was good contact going BOTH ways between Barry and DJ leading up to that point....

I'm kind of shocked at the tone of your comments...really out of character compared to how you normally represent yourself on here....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

grdntrth
Real nice first post.
Why wouldn't you use your real name when you say things like that?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErnieP
I really expected a lot more from you than a low shot like this which fuels people and their "adolescent comments"

Honestly after seeing this I am going to rethink my position on sponsoring Cleveland next year...maybe you can get your sponsors to write the check so it is all fair...

BTW...Nice clean pass on Blackstock in the 1/12th main or were you shaking so much you didnt see when you drove through the apex and ran him into the wall......

WOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.