Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships >

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Old 11-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default CRC carpet

I learned more about CRC Carpet this weekend!! I wasnt aware that CRC not only sells what they call Fastrack but also does rigorous testing and development!!!! I guess it makes sense-it just never dawned on me that they were so in control of its development. A carpet specifically designed for RC racing.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's why it's the best carpet for our purposes. Did anyone else notice how little it "napped-up" over the entire weekend? I really thought it was the best carpet and layout the champs has ever seen.

Thanks to Frank and also to Terry Rott!!!
Old 11-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

If the track held up better than normal, wouldn't it stand to reason that the carpet was a little different than usual? Might this have contributed to the lack of traction?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
If the track held up better than normal, wouldn't it stand to reason that the carpet was a little different than usual? Might this have contributed to the lack of traction?
I hope no ones being defensive-I prefer a black groove but I dont blame anything for it in a negative way. Its the old saying its the same for everyone.

Besides-well never know if it was the high rollers and the wraps-or maybe more people ran niftech traction compound expecting a black paragon groove to develop??? I dont know-but everyone is going to speculate!! It was weird not seeing the famous Champs groove wasnt it? It may very well have been a combination of the new very durable carpet and the tires.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah! Videos! Videos!

-Rich

Originally Posted by nnick
Where can we the unfortunate can watch videos from the race?

Nick
Old 11-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RichChang
Yeah! Videos! Videos!

-Rich
Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs down The flameing room

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
hole in the carpet and the bed spread but the hotel is going to charge them for a mattress also. that carpet for a whole room should be bad enough.
Well the worst week/weekend of my racing career is over ...the bed spread rumour must have been passed (instantly) to the big shooter at the holiday inn because at first he tried to charge me for it when there was a ciggarette burn in it before hand (i or my roomate dont smoke??) the carpet was burnt in 5 spots..the mattress had around 5 or 6 holes in it and the sheets and pillows were toast...the wall paper had a little black mark on it witch according to the big shooter warranted a whole wall paper replacement and my credit card had at one time been pre-authorized 2500 dollars (us funds) thats about a million Canadian lol.....needless to say the 1400 in damages (so they said) went down to 770 when i wiped the black mark off and demanded to see the bedspread....lucky i actually had a backbone or this could have been the blowout rc sale at Endlers room! despite my 2 turbo thirtyfive my laptop my fk05 and my dyno getting hosed with fire extinguisher crap i cleaned everything myself (same room all week) and i was of to the races...ruining the week of the other three with me...anyway it was a freak accident nothing to do with brands or whatever just freak...i have some phone calls to make about some stuff and treatment issues from the hotel...i just had to put a bookmark in a page to anyone who has a misfortunate accident like this at an event like this...i hope nobody does and for the racers whom i shared my misfortune with and cussed and complained i appoligize the last thing you want at a great race is someone bringin you down...anyway i called pauls win!! congrats to paul....dayger sweet pass thats how i would have done it!!!! but next time get a spectrum lucky someone didnt loose an eye lol!!! thats all i would have needed.... sorry about the babble just wanted to clear some stuff up...to whomever is interested in finding out what will happen with all of this just ask...to my friends that were directly involved i appoligize for being a little edgey....Rick Endler
Old 11-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Dang, that really stinks. What caused the fire? Short in something?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Rick, I almost feel your pain. Peter Robinson lit one of the beds in our room on fire at snowbirds last year. Luckily ours got out before anything was damaged...too bad anyways. Luckily there were some vacant rooms under construction we could "borrow" a mattress and some sheets from glad nobody got hurt...

B
Old 11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Buyer Beware

where are the pics?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by endler
Well the worst week/weekend of my racing career is over ...the bed spread rumour must have been passed (instantly) to the big shooter at the holiday inn because at first he tried to charge me for it when there was a ciggarette burn in it before hand (i or my roomate dont smoke??) the carpet was burnt in 5 spots..the mattress had around 5 or 6 holes in it and the sheets and pillows were toast...the wall paper had a little black mark on it witch according to the big shooter warranted a whole wall paper replacement and my credit card had at one time been pre-authorized 2500 dollars (us funds) thats about a million Canadian lol.....needless to say the 1400 in damages (so they said) went down to 770 when i wiped the black mark off and demanded to see the bedspread....lucky i actually had a backbone or this could have been the blowout rc sale at Endlers room! despite my 2 turbo thirtyfive my laptop my fk05 and my dyno getting hosed with fire extinguisher crap i cleaned everything myself (same room all week) and i was of to the races...ruining the week of the other three with me...anyway it was a freak accident nothing to do with brands or whatever just freak...i have some phone calls to make about some stuff and treatment issues from the hotel...i just had to put a bookmark in a page to anyone who has a misfortunate accident like this at an event like this...i hope nobody does and for the racers whom i shared my misfortune with and cussed and complained i appoligize the last thing you want at a great race is someone bringin you down...anyway i called pauls win!! congrats to paul....dayger sweet pass thats how i would have done it!!!! but next time get a spectrum lucky someone didnt loose an eye lol!!! thats all i would have needed.... sorry about the babble just wanted to clear some stuff up...to whomever is interested in finding out what will happen with all of this just ask...to my friends that were directly involved i appoligize for being a little edgey....Rick Endler
Any pictures of the aftermath ?????
Old 11-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default s

steve eaves....you change cars almost as bad as Alford LOL....
Old 11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

there are some pics but nothing really to see the damage was very minimal but the charges were very different(and really someone could have been seriously hurt) but that seemed to be a non-issue to the big shooter....the battery was not left unattended and someone was sprayed with hot acid and battery internals...i still have to make some calls...it was not a short it was something different...thanks for the concern...ill keep you guys posted..
Old 11-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Tough luck Endler. It was good seeing you and Bazzer again.

I also had a terrible racing week but it was good to see good people again. A few big surprises on the week with politics and racing, which also made it an event to remember.

Thanks to all organizers.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by endler
there are some pics but nothing really to see the damage was very minimal but the charges were very different(and really someone could have been seriously hurt) but that seemed to be a non-issue to the big shooter....the battery was not left unattended and someone was sprayed with hot acid and battery internals...i still have to make some calls...it was not a short it was something different...thanks for the concern...ill keep you guys posted..

Hi,
Glad to see no one was hurt badly from this. Last summer we had a family who was charging up a GP3300 stick pack in there home and it blew up and messed up there carpet

When we send our next shipment of packs to Korgae I will put your name on 2 free packs hopefully this helps out a bit.

Thanks,
Danny

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.