R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

This thread is starting to read like a soap opera. I just spent the last hour and a half catching up from 10:00am this morning. WoW!!! I personally hope the champs return next year, it is, and always has been a great race. Needs some tweaking?.... yep!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ErnieP
Guys this was a really tough decision by the committee at the race. I was not in that group and had no vote....but what I was told was that Jon's transponder did not work all week....so everyone (especially Jon knew this). From what I heard....he just moved it in different locations but never changed it (which I personally think should have been done). The committee told me they had offered to lend him one. Also after all of this.....in the heat after in 1/12th mod....Jon did not count again......(ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS IS WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME).....
It was a bad spot to be in no matter for Jon Orr (who is a great driver) and for Dave Johnson (who showed he was a great driver finishing fourth).
I think (?) in the driver's meeting and the booklet the club said it was the "responsibility of the driver to have his laps counted with the personal transponder and the club would not be responsible for counting laps"
Also from what I heard....if they added a lap to Jon's total to make 25 they had no way of getting the seconds and hundreds of a seconds...to get the exact time...the race was this close
Again...I am not commenting on who is right and who is wrong....just stating what was told to me.......Barry nice pass on Matt...lol

Ernie- Not sure why you would comment on hearsay, but you did. I would think a person in your position would leave that to others. Also, I am trying to figure out why “they” would ask you, what you thought should happen. That according to a previous post you submitted.

I am going to try and make this as quick and to the point as possible regarding my scoring issues from last week. For any doubters out there, everything I am about to state can be verified by John the announcer. Before I go on I would like to recognize John and his willingness to try and help me. By no means does this reflect on him.

This is EXACTLY how it happened.

1. Two transponders used.
2. Three different locations in the car.
3. Multiple visits to the scoring stand asking for help.
4. Counted by hand for missing laps in the first three rounds.
5. Being told by the race director not to worry about it after the 4th round
6. One hour later finding out about a protest
7. Five hours later being told you’re in the B-main using a run they counted four laps for.
8. One day later my protest is denied because I didn’t get it too them within 15 minutes of the race.
9. 1st Annual Thanksgiving race in the “Burgh”/////// PRICELESS

For those who say it is the racers responsibility to count I agree to a certain extent. I believe that both the race organizer and racer SHARE joint responsibility in getting the cars to count. So don’t come at me with that one.

Cali boys// thanks for having my back.

Jon Orr
Old 11-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner
I personally hope the champs return next year, it is, and always has been a great race. Needs some tweaking?.... yep!
Making the schedule for the mains clearer during the driver's meeting would've been nice. Guess I shouldn't have fallen asleep Saturday night.

Now if you could just get 'ole Warner there to call some of the races. Dunno if thats exactly fair to the rest of the field. I've had a few years of training getting used to ignoring him...

Can't wait to see what next year holds.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Todd....I never understood why the loop was put there....sometimes things are just baffling...
...It's hard to comprehend how Scotty ran two rounds of qualifying per day, with as many entries in Vegas and had us out of there by 10:00 PM, but it took until the wee hours of the morning to run Cleveland...

I would've liked to hear more announcing of what was actually taking place in the races, time remaining, pace, etc...especially in mod.

I guess we all take Scotty and his crew for granted. I for one will NEVER take the program he runs for granted again...

Next year in Vegas, I'm going to get an "Ernst for President" tattoo...anyone care to join me, I'm buyin'...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Tech Addict

Depends on where it has to be located.

-Rich

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam
Next year in Vegas, I'm going to get an "Ernst for President" tattoo...anyone care to join me, I'm buyin'...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

i believe the program at Vegas was so much faster simply because it only had about 100 1/12 entries, vs around 230 at cleveland. thats a lot of races with 3 extra minutes, it adds up. although i think you're right, the rounds could have ended earlier than they did. i still look forward to the Indoor Champs next year. its a great race.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RichChang
Depends on where it has to be located.

-Rich
Old 11-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tfirsching
i believe the program at Vegas was so much faster simply because it only had about 100 1/12 entries, vs around 230 at cleveland. thats a lot of races with 3 extra minutes, it adds up. although i think you're right, the rounds could have ended earlier than they did. i still look forward to the Indoor Champs next year. its a great race.
Scotty had about 52-54 heats in Vegas, but your right, another 130 1/12th scale entries vs. TC would add some time. 10 car heats, equates to an additional 13 heats that would be 3 minutes longer per round. 13 heats X 3 minutes = 39 minutes per round. That's 1 hour and 18 minutes longer.
Still can't figure how out how and additonal 1 hour and 18 minutes took us from a 9:30-10:00 finish time to 3:00 am...

If you are Tom? Firsching that ran the red 1/12th scale, you run extremely well and did a nice job. Pete D'Agnolo was pointing you out as a NY guy...nice job...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Warning to all future race organizers!!!!!!!!!!

We have heard about and some have seen the level of races held in Europe and Asia. The factory guys have had nothing but high praise for the way these races were organized and put on. Over and over I have read about how the organization of these over seas races are so very impressive.

Well Scotty has thrown down the gauntlet and proven it can be done in the USA!!!!! Its time now for all of our "historical" and Big Time races to step it up!!! Otherwise you will be compared to and held accountable for any thing less than what was enjoyed by hundreds (at the race and on the web!!!!!) at this years inaugural IIC race in Las Vegas. PERIOD!!

Just remember.....Its hard to be happy with hamburger after you eat steak!!

Brant
Master of Run-On Sentences
B-Main Motorsports
Old 11-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok everyone the Doc is in the house.First I want us all to get along and one at a time I will here what you all have to say.
Phil
Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Dr. Phil.......... I can't HEAR you!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

POOKYT
It's been done in the US before, ever been to the REEDY Race?
I've gone to the last 2, and the orginization is fantastic! Must be Scotty's anouncing that makes the difference.
Fred Forg
Old 11-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=C_O_jones]POOKYT
It's been done in the US before, ever been to the REEDY Race?
I've gone to the last 2, and the orginization is fantastic! Must be Scotty's anouncing that makes the difference.
Fred Forg[/QUOTE

Dats True!!

Brant
Old 11-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

After reading all of these posts it sounds like this was just a normal Cleveland. Loose laid back tech were different things are checked or not checked and you can say you will take care of it for next round. A few minutes grace hear and there to make sure everyone gets on the track. Staying up till 2am to watch the mod guys run for no appearent reason. I guess I've never seen Cleveland as the die hard rules race but more of an outlaw type race where almost anything goes.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Scotty this scotty that what about the worlds largest rc car race the snowbird nationals. Mike Boylan was the first to go live he was the first to have winners interviews. he was the first to have live results he has simple no nonse rules hell trinity even made a motor for the race. he has an awesome website Kenny Holmes (oval) and Dave Fox (onroad) i think do an awesome job running the races. It is in Florida in the middle of the winter. what else could you ask for. better yet I am starting a Snowbirds thread lets talk there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.