R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisP

Heard that up in the DC room when my buddy was picking up his motor...

was told NO STICKERS of any type...even driver's name...
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieP
THANK-YOU
Enough on this subject...you had a great weekend of racing and I applaud you for that.
Concerning next year....maybe we should input from many people on what needs to be changed....tech and trophy presentation for sure need to be worked on.
I also never heard of people being DQ'd for putting different sponsor stickers on the motors.....I hope that really did not happen this year and I can assure everyone if it did....it will NOT be a factor next year....

Good Luck at the GP race.....Ernie
Ernie, 100% serious.. i was the first to be spoken to... i get back from a heat and my car is GONE!! I thought someone stole it. Turns out.. it was being examined. MR Bill said no stickers of ANY type on ANY motor. DQ was the penalty. EA was not thrilled as he had name lables as well as his lable on all of his guys cans...
I said to the guy that the can was engraved and was visible. He replied that ANYONE can go to theire room and dremel in a number...

NO BS.

Keith
Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 AM   #558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
See..now we are all in the Holiday spirit.....Ernie is going to send everyone a plane ticket for the Birds!!!!

Damn...I only live 180 miles away....

That sounds like a plan to me....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:39 AM   #559
Tech Adept

Default Eddie O

I wished you or EA would have told me that at the race? What was the reasoning why you could not have stickers on the motors? When I was in Drew Ellis' room he had a DC sticker on his stock made out of paper...I just laughed...honestly

I am not going to get any advertising from a hand-out stock motor that we do not even sell to the public...

BTW...good showing at Cleveland with dumas!
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 AM   #560
Tech Adept

Default One More Question

Why would another motor builder want to put a sticker on a TRINITY hand-out motor. Nothing can be done to the motor except the brushes and springs....this is why we ran "epoxy-balanced"

Team Butter....I need to buy some "protective Team Butter" stickers if I am going to stay up here much longer
Old 11-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #561
Tech Master

Quote:
Why would another motor builder want to put a sticker on a TRINITY hand-out motor. Nothing can be done to the motor except the brushes and springs....this is why we ran "epoxy-balanced"

Team Butter....I need to buy some "protective Team Butter" stickers if I am going to stay up here much longer

Probably the same reason other motor builders put them on the OEM monsters and ROARs.....
Old 11-30-2005, 10:45 AM   #562
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I forgot all my stock and 19t stickers.....so it didn't bother me. I just overheard a tech guy saying something to an EA driver.....then Eric told me when I was in his room....

Dumas was on a mission........he told me a few weeks ago he was going to win cleveland.....I was so close to the modified sweep.....but Paulie had to go out and get himself a car to run....

Later EddieO
Old 11-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Ernie-LMAO!! ASk Barry about their "mystical" powers!!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #564
Tech Adept

Default Keith

I understand and appreciate the oem guys buying the motors but this particular stock motor TRINITY does NOT SELL TO THE PUBLIC and NEITHER DO THE OEMS

This is another reason why they do not even come to the race with a Trinity sticker on it.....it is not something we or anyone else COULD or SHOULD try and advertise.....in my opinion anyway
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 AM   #565
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, there are some other stuff that can legally be done....like brush hood alignment....

I do like the epoxy balance though.....this latest batch was very good. Last years balancing left something to be desired....a lot of the epoxy fell off or some motors didn't seem to be balanced at all....issue seemed to be fixed by the birds though.....

Later EddieO
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 AM   #566
Tech Regular

Nice cam shots nashrcracer
MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #567
Tech Master

Quote:
I understand and appreciate the oem guys buying the motors but this particular stock motor TRINITY does NOT SELL TO THE PUBLIC and NEITHER DO THE OEMS

This is another reason why they do not even come to the race with a Trinity sticker on it.....it is not something we or anyone else COULD or SHOULD try and advertise.....in my opinion anyway

What I was getting at was that He tuned it.. He made it run. His name is on my car.. and if he wants it on the motor.. thats his call. He was advertising his tuning skills which are very evident.... just look at the 19t winners ponies

KB
Old 11-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #568
Tech Elite

Ernie-I run for Eric (EA) he does it so that people know what tuner tuned that motor...also another opportunity similar to body stickers to advertise.

Everyone knows that all the motors are the same in a handout race, but if the winning motor bears the name of Tuner X or Z..it would help move product.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #569
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Presumably, if a tuner can make a handout perform, they could do the same with the regular motors they tune. It seems like a great opportunity (perhaps the best) to advertise not only their tuning abilities at a major event, but their willingness to do so for their drivers.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #570
Tech Elite

TPotter- shouldn't you be learning about KVM switch repair technology? Get back to work!!! LMAO!!!!