R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #526
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdntrth
HELLLOOOO.......when will all of you understand......Ernie's race......Ernie's rules......he doesn't give two cents about anyone or anything but his wallet.......he will step on, walk on, jump on, drive on anyone including his drivers.......DJ-consider yourself forwarned....this won't change!!!

Hogimoto......you are the man!!!!! lmfao
That was a useless comment
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #527
TLRacing

Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.

Last edited by Todd Hodge; 12-01-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:10 AM   #528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

oooof

tact guys.. tact...
Old 11-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #529
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Come on guys......Toy cars for bowling trophies...and for a special talented few enough money to buy a #6 meal at Taco Bell. This is more of an ego argument and from the stories I have heard it seems Todd is just venting his frustrations with T. Maybe if you guys actually had a real discussion without name calling and blame assigning the industry would change. As it stands now, there is way too much he said she said, He ran this when he ran for that, he cheated..BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Let's keep that off the threads so that new racers who hear soooo much about Cleveland won't get turned off to it by reading negative comments.

Also, I don't personally know Ernie, but I do understand business principles. Do you really think he would purposely ruin a race so that a Team T guy would win? Let's analyze that...1 Champs win for 5 years of controversey and lost revenues due to poor race attendance or support for T? Strictly speaking from a business sense it just doesn't make any.....sense that is.

Barry-if you got peeled it was because you didn't have the TB sticker on your ride! LOL!!

Michael Abraira
Teambutter
Old 11-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #530
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This is a very enlightening thread.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:15 AM   #531
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

*pulls up a seat and watches from the front row*

Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #532
Tech Adept

Default Todd Hodge

I do not want to get into a blow by blow of what happened to you guys on the track....thats racing. That is why I never said anything to you after the hit on the track. I have been this long enough to know there are circumstances that occur with no malice in the heat of the race...

But I do take exception to "YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT ME" and MY IMPLIED ROLE IN JON'S PROBLEM.......

I HAD NO ROLE IN THAT TODD....YOU KNOW! ASK SCOOTER HE WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE WHEN THEY ASKED ME WHAT I THOUGHT.....I SAID IT WAS A BAD SITUATION EITHER WAY....FOR JON OR DAVE and that is all I SAID........

It is ridiculous for you to imply that I somehow got Jon out of the main so DJ could get in.....come on Todd....you may be mad at me for other things but this is a CHEAP SHOT for a class guy like you.

In actuality DJ was sponsored Sunday morning and ran Mike Blackstock's set up for the main (since Mike was not in the A). DJ finished FOURTH in the 1-4 sweep by the X-Ray. I think he proved he deserved to be there....not that Jon did not.......

I cant say who was right and who was wrong....all I can say is to insuate that I used "power" to slant the decision is really offensive coming from someone who I considered to be my friend
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #533
Tech Elite

<your name here> LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 AM   #534
Tech Fanatic

OK I am not gunna start about the rough driving...it was a tight track ..passing was tough...I got rubbed..I did some rubbing..Thats racing..I just stated about the missed lap incidents....I went straight to MF after the race and there were absolutly no hard feelings at all between us because he knows that if his body wasnt tucked I would have let him go right back by...thats the way we race together...with Ralph...he waited I rolled again and he had to go...thats it..DJ was 2 guys going for the same spot on the track..2 go in 1 comes out...lol.....Like I said thats racing...we will all be at the next race laughing about it...cuz thats the way we are...its all good!

Ernie......I hope you continue to sponsor this race...I have been attending since 1989 and have only missed I think 2 years...It is a fun race...I was only commenting on the fact of lap counting all weekend...Yes DJ is fast..I have been telling him that for the past year....but I do feel in my heart and with everything that was posted that Mr. Bill and the powers that be dropped the ball on the decision....thats all Im sayin...

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 AM   #535
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

Be a man about it!
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:18 AM   #536
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter
Also, I don't personally know Ernie, but I do understand business principles. Do you really think he would purposely ruin a race so that a Team T guy would win? Let's analyze that...1 Champs win for 5 years of controversey and lost revenues due to poor race attendance or support for T? Strictly speaking from a business sense it just doesn't make any.....sense that is.

Uhh.. then why was Francis forced to run 19t after the rest of the factory world agreed not too? As always, playing devils advocate.

No disrespect intended to anyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #537
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evicerator
*pulls up a seat and watches from the front row*

Can you pass the popcorn and butter please. I get hungary while I'm reading!!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #538
Tech Elite

Keith- while I don't defend ANYONES actions.....what I heard was, and I was there at the on-road nats, that the top guys had agreed not to run 19 turn so that others could start to make the progression up the food chain...myself included! LOL!!!
ANyways, the agreement was made by the drivers and again from what I heard Trinity, which I believe is Matt's major sponsor was never informed of this. Since the agreement was made without Ernie knowing, he assumed that MAtt was going to run and as Matt's principal sponsor, felt he should still do so.

*****DISCLAIMER*******

NOt defending anyone or their actions, simply stating what I heard first person (Roar Nats) and what I heard second hand from Cleveland.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #539
Tech Adept

Barry....enough said.....Thanks...

Keith......many reasons. That "so called agreement" was between X-Ray, losi and Associated....not with Trinity. I was not even contacted about it and I felt that one...we sell motors and if you look at the rest of the main...just about everyone in there is sponsored......and two.....Matt would have been at a huge disadvantage with "track time" since he could only race on class....modified.

For those two reasons....I felt he should join the rest of the Factory Sponsored Races in the 19t class.

Simple as that...right or wrong
ErnieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:24 AM   #540
Tech Elite

Well there you have it...I was fairly close ehh Ernie? LOL!!